In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

September 22nd, 2017 at 11:01:33 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: ams288

Healthcare is expensive. Most people can't afford it.

Yet Obamacare makes you buy it and buy more coverages than you want by force. What sense does that make?

Liberals living in their little coastal bubble think it is so great, yet Trump won in big part by promising repeal. Why would the GOP be afraid to pass said repeal?
The President is a fink.
September 22nd, 2017 at 11:03:39 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Wow. Looks like McCain is still showing signs of having a spine..:

Edit: sorry it's kind of hard to read.

Key Line: "I cannot in good conscience vote for the Graham-Cassidy proposal."
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 22nd, 2017 at 11:11:17 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
If Regan hadn't broke unions most jobs would have medical insurance and retirement by now and we wouldn't be talking about national health care. With unions negotiating [theoretically] for their members there would be competition for those markets and more competition.

But since no one can stand the thought of unions, we can have 100 million eligible workers out of the work force and politicos trying to lobby for their votes, due to who now finances campaigns.

Laws of unintended consequences.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
September 22nd, 2017 at 11:31:16 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: AZDuffman
Someone gulps some edible, feels little to no effect. They then eat two or three times as much, then BOOM!

Won't matter to me none, no real plans to try it unless I eventually get cancer and its pain.
We can thank Colorado for standardizing a dose of mmj. They set the basic dose as 10mg's of thc, which is real handy when trying to medicate with weed.

I read the group that buys the most super high dose edibles is actually senior citizens. They, like me are trying to treat something, usually pain and what I guy is a little fruit cake 5 x5 and I cut that into 16 doses. Like they say it's not the lotto anymore with edibles, they have standardized them pretty well, with the next dose being similar to the last.

I don't know about all the brain damage from weed, but I will say this. I had a whole lot of morphine and percoset this week and I am positive that messed me up. I can't believe how people actually like the feeling of iv morphine. It makes me really sick. Got to try toradol for my first few times that was interesting, a non narcotic heavy duty pain reliever [anti inflammatory] . Out of all the iv pain meds I was given this week, Dilaudid, fentanyl, Toradol, and Morphine, I think Fentanyl worked the best for pain relief with the least side effects.

Emergency gall bladder removal, with stones in the bile duct. There is more to lose in Vegas than your shirt.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
September 22nd, 2017 at 11:31:56 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
The bill is pretty much dead
Hip hip hooray for my 4 favorite republican senators
Rand Paul :-)
Susan Collins :-)
Lisa Murkowski :-)
John Mccain :-)
I'm giddy
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 22nd, 2017 at 11:32:54 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: petroglyph
If Regan hadn't broke unions most jobs would have medical insurance and retirement by now and we wouldn't be talking about national health care. With unions negotiating [theoretically] for their members there would be competition for those markets and more competition.

Unions were in steep decline before and independent of Reagan. The real crazy thing is unions lobby for so many social programs that they used to get for their members only now people figure "why organize?"

McCain remains a sore loser.
The President is a fink.
September 22nd, 2017 at 11:39:11 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: ams288
Actually, I'm pretty much in the same boat (minus the lower paid part). My health insurance through my job is so good it makes me not want to leave the company and potentially further my career elsewhere.

It seems that the first thing any health care reform should do is end the tie between insurance and employer.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
September 22nd, 2017 at 11:40:31 AM permalink
ams288
Emergency gall bladder removal, with stones in the bile duct. There is more to lose in Vegas than your shirt.

That's the surgery I had a couple months ago that made me hit my out of pocket maximum for the year...
September 22nd, 2017 at 11:46:28 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: terapined
The bill is pretty much dead
Hip hip hooray for my 4 favorite republican senators
Rand Paul :-)
Susan Collins :-)
Lisa Murkowski :-)
John Mccain :-)
I'm giddy

Don't celebrate till midnight on 9/30

The GOP will stop at nothing to kill you and your family...
September 22nd, 2017 at 11:55:21 AM permalink
AZDuffman
We can thank Colorado for standardizing a dose of mmj. They set the basic dose as 10mg's of thc, which is real handy when trying to medicate with weed.

Good idea, but I still can see people thinking if one is good, 5 is much better.

Quote:
I don't know about all the brain damage from weed, but I will say this. I had a whole lot of morphine and percoset this week and I am positive that messed me up. I can't believe how people actually like the feeling of iv morphine. It makes me really sick. Got to try toradol for my first few times that was interesting, a non narcotic heavy duty pain reliever [anti inflammatory] . Out of all the iv pain meds I was given this week, Dilaudid, fentanyl, Toradol, and Morphine, I think Fentanyl worked the best for pain relief with the least side effects.

I look at it this way. You cannot alter how anything works without long term change and likely damage. Advance the timing on a car too much and you eventually burn a hole in the piston. Put your mixer on a 220 line and it will burn out. In both cases you get a better short term result, but long term damage.

Weed does the same to the brain. Keep tripping the wiring up and sooner or later it will stay tripped up. Stoners lose something over time. I have never met a weed user whom I would consider a "sharp" person. They are slowed down, the brain gets used to its stoned state.
The President is a fink.