In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

November 6th, 2017 at 11:42:16 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
France already boasts hundreds of beaches, campsites, and spa centers meant to be enjoyed in the nude, and now, the famously clothing-optional country is breaking new ground in naturism. According to local newspaper Le Parisien, the first nude restaurant in Paris opened to the public on Friday—and local naturists are already big fans of the new spot.

Per a translation from English-language outlet The Local, the new eatery is aptly named O'Naturel and is located in the City of Light's largely residential 12th arrondissement, on Rue de Gravelle. O'Naturel seats 40 diners and offers meals for around $35. Before entering the main dining room, guests are asked to remove all their clothes and leave them in the restaurant's wardrobes. The view into the restaurant is blocked from the street, and the neighborhood's residents, so far, seem perfectly at ease with the new addition. "It doesn't bother me at all, or my neighbors," one local man told the newspaper. "We don't see anything from the street. We know what's happening. It's not a massage parlor."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/restaurantsandnews/pariss-first-nude-restaurant-is-now-open/ar-AAupOY9?li=BBgdrt0&ocid=spartanntp
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 7th, 2017 at 4:25:52 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
Trump admin Hope Hicks stuns at Jap dinner
tonight. Nice job..

Looking good.

Mueller interviews her next week when she gets back to the US.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 7th, 2017 at 10:47:33 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote:
A Qatar Airways flight had to make an emergency landing after a female passenger found out her husband was cheating on her mid-flight, reports the
Hindustan Times.

The unidentified Iranian woman reportedly used her husband’s fingerprint to unlock his phone while he was asleep, before becoming incensed by what she found
on the device.

Flight attendants were unable to calm the woman as she repeatedly hit her husband, causing the pilots to make the decision to make an emergency landing in India on 5 November.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/flight-diverted-after-woman-discovers-her-husband-is-cheating-on-her/ar-BBEGX1W?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 7th, 2017 at 11:19:38 AM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Quote: rxwine
https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/flight-diverted-after-woman-discovers-her-husband-is-cheating-on-her/ar-BBEGX1W?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

You should always activate Touch ID on your phone. Otherwise how will they unlock it after you're dead?
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
November 7th, 2017 at 11:21:25 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Clever. Would have been better if she had simply texted the woman "I'm breaking up with you, don't call me again".
November 7th, 2017 at 1:03:29 PM permalink
rxwine
I imagine it is very confusing being punched awake on a plane.
November 8th, 2017 at 4:47:28 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
The GOP needs to do a better job of pretending to be pro-family and pro-life. Their new tax plan removes a deduction used by middle class families who adopt a child. The GOP should bend over backwards to make it as easy (and cheap) as possible to make sure a fetus has a home. It's all a charade of course, but they should at least stick to the script when the cameras are running.

Yes, a libertarian would argue that the government shouldn't be in the business of making adoption cheaper. The adoption deduction costs taxpayers $3.8 billion over 10 years. But the GOP tax plan also lowers taxes that the wealthiest of the wealthiest families pay in estate taxes by $172 billion over 10 years. And surely giving away $3.8 billion to the middle class is more prudent than giving away $172 billion to George Soros's family.
November 9th, 2017 at 2:54:17 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: reno

Yes, a libertarian would argue that the government shouldn't be in the business of making adoption cheaper. The adoption deduction costs taxpayers $3.8 billion over 10 years. But the GOP tax plan also lowers taxes that the wealthiest of the wealthiest families pay in estate taxes by $172 billion over 10 years. And surely giving away $3.8 billion to the middle class is more prudent than giving away $172 billion to George Soros's family.

The estate tax is not about "the wealthiest of the wealthy." It is about family farms and other businesses that have a high value but are not throwing off wads of cash. It is about the guy who broke his tail for his lifetime, building up a dry cleaning business, a pest control business, or a hotel. Then when he dies they have to sell it because some greedy types think "they need to pay their fair share" on property where tax has already been paid once.

The proper estate tax is zero.
The President is a fink.
November 9th, 2017 at 4:01:50 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: AZDuffman
The proper estate tax is zero.

"...the theory of the Communists may be summed up in the single sentence: Abolition of private property"
from the Communist Manifesto

And it is a very appealing idea, to take from the wealthy. I think it is the reason Communism survives as a viable idea with so many people.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
November 9th, 2017 at 5:27:27 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman
The estate tax is not about "the wealthiest of the wealthy." It is about family farms and other businesses that have a high value but are not throwing off wads of cash. It is about the guy who broke his tail for his lifetime, building up a dry cleaning business, a pest control business, or a hotel. Then when he dies they have to sell it because some greedy types think "they need to pay their fair share" on property where tax has already been paid once.

lol.... this is sooooo wrong, it's quite humorous.

I wonder if AZDuffman knows how many "family farms" have to pay estate tax?

No, the estate tax isn't killing family farms.

I'm honestly in awe of the right wing media. They can convince someone like AZDuffman, who will never ever have to deal with the estate tax in his life, to support it based solely on talking points and falsehoods.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman