In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

January 11th, 2018 at 2:00:19 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Walmart is giving their employees a $1000 bonus!!!!*

*If they've worked there for 20 years. LOL

This was clearly dropped today to divert attention from the fact that they just closed a crap ton of Sam's Clubs and laid of thousands of workers..
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 11th, 2018 at 2:02:08 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Also:

Costco is infinitely greater than Sam's Club.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 11th, 2018 at 2:13:01 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: AZDuffman
Quote: beachbumbabs
Quote: Evenbob
Walmart News Proves Trump Tax Cut Is Working

"Walmart has announced that it’s going to raise its starting wage to $11 an hour, and it’s going to give some employees bonuses following the passage of the tax bill. Walmart’s employees will reap the benefits of the recent tax law changes as the company raises its starting wage and distributes bonuses to eligible workers. And this is being done without any demand

for raising the minimum wage. This is being done because of market forces. This is a great example of what trickle-down really, really is. And the story comes from CNBC. This is not a friendly-to-Trump website."

Nice spin. Could be true. Could also be that Walmart is bowing to heavy criticism that 40% or whatever it was of their employees were eligible for food stamps because of the crap wages they pay, and we the people were not shopping there because of it. The resentment multiplied under new tax laws that gave them an enormous windfall at the top while benefiting their employees temporarily perhaps 2 dollars a day, if their health care increase didn't go up that much.

Sounds more lik you just can’t give Trump credit wher it is due. Where do you shop? You are aware pretty much all of retail pays low wages and always has? The low wag boycott is just greedy unions upset they cannot pick the pockets of 500000 WMT workers for dues every payday.

I don't shop Walmart, haven't for more than 19 years now. Several reasons, not just the union lockout

I gave him a "could be true". Neither of us (or you) were in the boardroom when the decision was made, but one thing is for sure: Walmart did what they did for a fiscally advantageous reason. Santa doesn't work there; he just rents a suit for a few weeks.

Probably closing many Sam's Clubs has much to do with it. Needed offsetting PR. Along with the TON of reports to come of increased self-worth if your name is Walton.

As to where I do shop, Costco. Target. Publix. Local shops.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
January 11th, 2018 at 2:21:42 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
If The Opie runs, this kind of thing
will dog her entire campaign. She
was a partner with Weinstein on two
films, and she heard nothing about
him raping young women? Sure she
did..

"Grammy-winning singer Seal blasted Oprah Winfrey in a searing post to his Instagram account Thursday, accusing the billionaire media mogul and potential 2020 presidential candidate of being “part of the problem” in Hollywood’s culture of sexual harassment and abuse. The 54-year-old “Kiss from a Rose” singer called out Winfrey for her relationship with disgraced film producer Harvey Weinstein, who has been accused of harassing and abusing dozens of women over a decades-long career in Hollywood."

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 11th, 2018 at 2:31:54 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

I don't shop Walmart, haven't for more than 19 years now. Several reasons, not just the union lockout

What union lockout? Only union issue they had was a butcher union formed for a unit they were phasing out. I used to avoid WMT but they have gotten way, way better with their front-end speed and in-stock products. I will take them over a company that says men are welcome in the ladies room any day. I do wonder why the #metoo crowd has not come down on that.

Quote:
I gave him a "could be true". Neither of us (or you) were in the boardroom when the decision was made, but one thing is for sure: Walmart did what they did for a fiscally advantageous reason. Santa doesn't work there; he just rents a suit for a few weeks.

We were not there, but I think we both know the Tax Bill has been the catalyst for this kind of thing at more than one company. Trickle Down working to MAGA!
The President is a fink.
January 11th, 2018 at 2:44:42 PM permalink
AZDuffman
January 11th, 2018 at 3:14:27 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146

I don't shop Walmart, haven't for more than 19 years now.

I LOVE Walmart and have
a thread by that title on WoV. I shop there
almost exclusively. Quality and low prices
will get me every time.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 11th, 2018 at 3:40:23 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
That Carrier plant that Trump "saved" with a bailout just announced more layoffs.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
January 11th, 2018 at 4:27:19 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Evenbob
I LOVE Walmart and have
a thread by that title on WoV. I shop there
almost exclusively. Quality and low prices
will get me every time.

I wouldn't say I love it, but for sure it has its purpose. I do laugh at the SJW types who act like they are the first retailer with low wages or high turnover. Their attention to detail at keeping costs low is amazing, to the SJW types there is something wrong there as well.
The President is a fink.
January 11th, 2018 at 5:06:45 PM permalink
Aussie
Threads: 2
My experience of Walmart was a random creepy old dude telling my now wife “you’re pretty” as she was browsing the shelves for some item I can’t recall. She couldn’t get away from him quick enough. Can’t remember exactly where it was. Somewhere around Santa Barbara I think. Still, wouldn’t stop me going back if I needed something.