In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

August 11th, 2014 at 4:35:05 AM permalink
chickenman
Threads: 0
Oh, THAT Clinton. I expected to see Bubba saying this.

Yes, very peculiar, as she was the top foreign policy person. Of course, the LIVs think her greatest accomplishment was Benghazi so they won't figure it out, even with help.
He's everywhere, he's everywhere...!
August 11th, 2014 at 4:16:53 PM permalink
Beethoven
Threads: 18
Quote: AZDuffman
I am kind of confused, wasn't foreign policy HER JOB?
Quote: chickenman
Of course, the LIVs think her greatest accomplishment was Benghazi so they won't figure it out, even with help.
+1, +1

I laughed when I saw that headline. Hillary complaining about Obama's foreign policy is like the chef at a restaurant complaining about the food...lol

Unfortunately, I have to agree that the LIVs will never put 2 and 2 together though. Obama received over 65 million votes after four years of wrecking the country. With that many ignorant people in the US, things aren't gonna change any time soon. *sigh*
Boron Boron Boron rhymes with moron, moron, moron
August 15th, 2014 at 3:54:22 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Lots of weird, unanswered questions in the shooting of Michael Brown in Ferguson, MO. The question I find most strange is why Ferguson police have arrested an elected official (Antonio French who sits on the St. Louis city council) and they've arrested a Washington Post reporter, but the Ferguson police have not arrested Dorian Johnson, an accomplice to the cigar theft. Through his attorney, Johnson has even admitted to the crime. So why not arrest him? He's been giving TV interviews, so it must be easy to track him down. And he's surely more of a threat to public safety than the politician (Antonio French) or the reporter (Wesley Lowery). The Washington Post reporter was arrested for being at a McDonald's, (apparently a criminal offense in Missouri.) The cops have already hunted and killed Michael Brown for stealing the cigars*, so finish the job and lock up Dorian Johnson. Or is Johnson an innocent man?

Slightly off topic, I still can't figure out why the cops waited 6 days to release the name of the officer who shot Michael Brown. His name was bound to be released eventually, and Brown's family will most likely file a wrongful death lawsuit, so why keep his name a secret for 6 days? The secrecy undermines public trust in the cops, and undermines the cops credibility. Apparently they're worried about the police officer's safety (he's been getting death threats). But this is not the first police officer to be scrutinized for killing an unarmed black teenager. When Oscar Grant was killed by police officer Johannes Mesherle, that officer's name was released promptly, death threats or not. And if there really are credible death threats, assign a security detail to ensure his safety. Clearly the cops should be experts at providing security...

(*or was it jaywalking?)
August 15th, 2014 at 4:19:31 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: reno
Lots of weird, unanswered questions in the shooting of Michael Brown in Ferguson, MO.

The video shows this huge 'kid' walking out
with a handful of cigars and telling the clerk
to f off. He calls the cops, the kid acts like
he has a weapon, and the town loots for
a couple of days. Just carrying the free cigar
idea to its logical conclusion. If you've never
dealt first hand with certain underclass
minority groups, you have no idea the incredible
sense of entitlement they have. MI prisons
are choked with them.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 15th, 2014 at 8:26:22 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: reno

Slightly off topic, I still can't figure out why the cops waited 6 days to release the name of the officer who shot Michael Brown. His name was bound to be released eventually, and Brown's family will most likely file a wrongful death lawsuit, so why keep his name a secret for 6 days? The secrecy undermines public trust in the cops, and undermines the cops credibility. Apparently they're worried about the police officer's safety (he's been getting death threats). But this is not the first police officer to be scrutinized for killing an unarmed black teenager. When Oscar Grant was killed by police officer Johannes Mesherle, that officer's name was released promptly, death threats or not. And if there really are credible death threats, assign a security detail to ensure his safety. Clearly the cops should be experts at providing security...

Six days is a little long, but I can see where it will take a few days. Internal Affairs needs to do a preliminary investigation, the guy needs to get his house and family secure. With the circus around this case I can see where they gave it a few extra days.
The President is a fink.
August 16th, 2014 at 12:50:21 PM permalink
Evenbob

Six days is a little long, but I can see where it will take a few days. Internal Affairs needs to do a preliminary investigation, the guy needs to get his house and family secure. With the circus around this case I can see where they gave it a few extra days.

Looting again last night. An electronics store,
a liquor store and a beauty parlor supply
store. Looters are very particular who they
steal from in certain neighborhoods. Hair
care products for blacks is very expensive.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 16th, 2014 at 1:07:08 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
Looting again last night. An electronics store,
a liquor store and a beauty parlor supply
store. Looters are very particular who they
steal from in certain neighborhoods. Hair

Was on a Facebook discussion with some black guys last few days. The last thing they will do is call the looters "thieves." I get "they're frustrated" and every excuse imaginable. One tried to get me to say it is "OK when whites riot after a sports event." They will not call out or admit any bad behavior in the situation at all.

The cop should just take a partial pension and move to Bora Bora. If he gets off, and chances are it was a good shoot, they will riot again.
The President is a fink.
August 16th, 2014 at 2:41:04 PM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Threads: 24
Don't you mean hair care products are expensive Bob, not is?
August 16th, 2014 at 2:43:17 PM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Threads: 24
Quote: Evenbob
Hair
August 16th, 2014 at 2:44:45 PM permalink
Evenbob

they will riot again.

Looting is supposed to be a spur of the
moment thing that comes out of frustration
over an event. It's just planned robbery
now, plain and simple. I read they're coming
from a hundred miles away just to get in on
it. Liquor, stereos and hair care, what a
coincidence they hit just those stores. But
they deserve it, Obama sure let them down,
he promised the world and delivered nothing.