In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

August 16th, 2014 at 2:47:45 PM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Threads: 24
Quote: AZDuffman
Was on a Facebook discussion with some black guys last few days. The last thing they will do is call the looters "thieves." I get "they're frustrated" and every excuse imaginable. One tried to get me to say it is "OK when whites riot after a sports event." They will not call out or admit any bad behavior in the situation at all.

The cop should just take a partial pension and move to Bora Bora. If he gets off, and chances are it was a good shoot, they will riot again.
Two wrongs do make a right. Can't get anything done or have a single war without it. Power can only be taken and is never given.
August 16th, 2014 at 3:50:37 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
I remember when the UK was having night after night of rioting in several cities but in the Turkish neighborhoods things were peaceful and even functioning normally with night life and street life, since the Turks had let it be known if there were any riots there would be immediate executions.

People in the area are being advised to support the hard working types by attending the Ferguson Farmers Market. White and black vendors but they WORK they don't riot.
August 18th, 2014 at 4:29:35 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: Fleastiff
the Turks had let it be known if there were any riots there would be immediate executions.

It's the appeal of this that led the Ferguson police to call in their paramilitary riot control. I'm not saying it doesnt have some appeal to me as well, but generally I think everybody now sees that as a big mistake.

PS: I just caught up on the news after writing the above. Yep, the kind of thing that makes you wonder if "shoot looters" is where you finally have to go. Of course, that's not going to happen.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
August 18th, 2014 at 8:29:35 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: odiousgambit

PS: I just caught up on the news after writing the above. Yep, the kind of thing that makes you wonder if "shoot looters" is where you finally have to go. Of course, that's not going to happen.

I kind of think it has to be done and the world needs to see it happen. When people wonder if it is worth their life for a few fifths of vodka or a flat-screen TV the looting will not be nearly so much. Right now looters know chances of even getting caught let alone prosecuted are slim<chance<0.
The President is a fink.
August 21st, 2014 at 10:43:09 AM permalink
Beethoven
Threads: 18
Rick Perry Indictment

I laugh at all of the weak-willed conservatives who want to treat Obama, Hillary, and every other Democrat with kid gloves. As you can see, liberals have no problem going for the jugular. Conservatives will continue to lose election after election until they figure this out. They're trying to fight with pistols, while libs are using nuclear bombs.
Boron Boron Boron rhymes with moron, moron, moron
August 23rd, 2014 at 11:37:25 PM permalink
Beethoven
Chicago A Top Terror Target; Ominous Tweet Connects ISIS Threat In City
Las Vegas mentioned as al-Qaida terror target

Gee, didn't Obama say that terrorists were "on the run"??
August 24th, 2014 at 4:09:55 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Beethoven

Gee, didn't Yogi Berra say "its never over till its over", the war on terror.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 24th, 2014 at 1:40:44 PM permalink
Beethoven
But Obama said it was over.....

Barack Obama declares the 'War on Terror' is over

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

EDIT: Wonder how many people still buy this bull****?

August 24th, 2014 at 5:11:14 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
In his mind, it's still over. Something is majorly
wrong with that guy..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 24th, 2014 at 6:07:02 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
In his mind, it's still over. Something is majorly
wrong with that guy..

I think he honestly believes if you do not antagonize your enemy then your enemy will leave you alone. He also really seems to believe it is better to be liked than feared, an idea proven wrong time and time again.
The President is a fink.