In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

August 26th, 2014 at 12:38:18 PM permalink
Beethoven
Threads: 18
Quote: terapined
Quote: Beethoven
Burger King set to move HQ to Canada

Good going, Obama! Bring the illegals in, and force good companies out!! *facepalm*

Crummy product, crummy food.
Good riddance.

Oh, I get it. So you want to force companies out of the country if YOU don't like their product? *facepalm*
Boron Boron Boron rhymes with moron, moron, moron
August 26th, 2014 at 12:55:09 PM permalink
boymimbo
Threads: 5
Quote: AZDuffman

Good going, Obama! Bring the illegals in, and force good companies out!! *facepalm*

Actually at Burger King now to celebrate. Teach the looters a lesson.

Who is john Galt?

The Corporate tax rate is 35% in the US, 15% in Ontario. It's a tax inversion. Nothing to do with Obama, has been going on for a long time. There was a 60 minutes on how corporations depart the USA to setup corporate offices in other countries to avoid paying tax. It happens in the US all of the time. Lots of offices are in Nevada example to avoid California taxes. Lots of American companies (over half, actually) are setup in Delaware to take advantage of a tax loophole. But you rightwingers will say that's perfectly okay. It's like me getting a post office box in Nevada to claim that as my principal residence to avoid paying State taxes. Corporations are allowed to do it. People aren't. Perhaps if the US lowered its corporate tax rate to something like 18% corporations wouldn't need to do all of these tax tricks which of course would put alot of tax accountants out of business.

It's capitalism. Save money by going cheaper. And Timmys will be happy because they'll learn the tricks of expanding internationally, something they've failed to do, which will give them a competitive advantage over their chief American competitor Dunkin. And BK saves a bunch of tax revenue.

Burger King is not an American company anyway, B9. It's owned by a Brazilian company. It's just shifting its operations to the tax haven known as Canada. (Laughs out loud).
August 26th, 2014 at 1:34:22 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
It just ain't the same anymore.

At least Slick Willy had a festish for burgers [and cigars] bathhouse Barry not so much. The Chicago boys like it with cheese.

Maybe we should declare war democracy on Canada, send in the drones and blow the hell out of brown people eating meat. I could be on to something here, Canada does have oil.

It would just have to be good for the economy, stop the Canadians from trying to immigrate. They're always trying to steal our minimum wage jobs with no medical insurance.

That's about how protectivce of the US our .gov is. Open the Southern border to anybody with an incurable disease and block the canucks, sweet. There doesn't seem to be any more nation states in my part of the world anyway. Three cheers for the NWO.

BHO must hate us for our freedoms. I remember back in the day when Barry was making his first run and him and Cheney were laughing about one of Dicks family had apparently owned somebody from Barry's. Just can't make this stuff up folks. A laugh a minute I tell ya.

It is not because he or "they" are stupid. Does anyone remember Barrack whispering to Vlad that he would have more leeway after the election?

This is just another sweet payback for uncle Warren bailing out Goldman from that little cdo/ aig problem last decade. Not to mention letting him buy the railroads from Canada to the Gulf, IN Mexico at firesale prices and not building keystone? What? Bring the shale oil one car at a time, thanks uncle, you patriotic dude you.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
August 26th, 2014 at 1:45:41 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

Crummy product, crummy food.
Good riddance.

Oh, I get it. So you want to force companies out of the country if YOU don't like their product? *facepalm*

Huh?
I dont really think I have the ability to force any company out of the country.
I simply dont eat there, crummy product. Thats all.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 26th, 2014 at 1:47:23 PM permalink
boymimbo
Threads: 5
I know, eh. I'm a Canadian with my valid L-1 working in Cincinnati right now. I've had Visas since GWB starting back in 2004 when I worked for EXPE.
August 26th, 2014 at 2:16:11 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: boymimbo
Perhaps if the US lowered its corporate tax rate to something like 18% corporations wouldn't need to do all of these tax tricks which of course would put alot of tax accountants out of business.

It's capitalism. Save money by going cheaper. And Timmys will be happy because they'll learn the tricks of expanding internationally, something they've failed to do, which will give them a competitive advantage over their chief American competitor Dunkin. And BK saves a bunch of tax revenue.

10% is more like it, but I would take 18 for now. Obama has been brought up because he was proud to raise taxes.

Assuming BK management does not destroy Tim Hortons and instead expands it down here it is great with me.
The President is a fink.
August 26th, 2014 at 3:58:51 PM permalink
Beethoven
Huh?
I dont really think I have the ability to force any company out of the country.
I never said YOU had the ability. Duh!

But you obviously support the policies (e.g., insane tax rates) that force companies out of the US.
August 26th, 2014 at 4:19:40 PM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Threads: 24
Everyone is just too smart anymore or too weak to act smart. Extreme couponing is really just what it is. Raise par, and the best just get Better.
Oh oh why should I? Why should I? Oh why should I? Why should I!

Why can't I? Why shouldn't I? Why shouldn't I!

I am pretty smart and you are pretty dumb, so please won't you carry our bags?
August 26th, 2014 at 4:36:04 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I never said YOU had the ability. Duh!

But you obviously support the policies (e.g., insane tax rates) that force companies out of the US.

When have I ever posted exactly, "I support insane tax rates" ?????? lol. I support taxes, but insane rates, cmon.

Ok, I have an open mind.
How much more is BK paying in taxes taking into an account changing revenue?
My biggest tax has dropped during the Obama years, FL property tax.
What is the "insane tax rate" they are paying now as opposed to the last year Bush was in office.
Who knows, come up with some valid "insane" hard numbers and you may be right.

But until you come with some solid numbers, they would have made this decision regardless of who is President.

Numbers please
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 26th, 2014 at 4:52:27 PM permalink
Beethoven
When have I ever posted exactly, "I support insane tax rates" ??????
Let's see...you support politicians who support ridiculous tax rates, so there you go. lol

BTW, do you even keep up with the news? You always ask questions that well-informed voters don't need to ask. Anyway, read this:

OBAMA’S ANTI-BUSINESS TAX AGENDA CHASING BURGER KING TO CANADA