Gay Marriage

May 17th, 2014 at 10:36:55 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Beethoven

Even though I also oppose civil unions and domestic partnerships, I am a very reasonable guy who doesn't want to cause any unnecessary problems, so I went along with their proposal and voted for civil unions. I thought that would be the end of it once and for all, but guess what happened as soon as these gays got their civil unions????????

I never thought it would be the end of it, only the beginning. That was easy for me to see. Any liberal movement works the same. Demand one thing, when you get it celebrate, then demand more.
The President is a fink.
May 17th, 2014 at 10:51:54 AM permalink
Beethoven
Threads: 18
Quote: AZDuffman
I never thought it would be the end of it, only the beginning. That was easy for me to see. Any liberal movement works the same. Demand one thing, when you get it celebrate, then demand more.
Yes, and I'm still kicking myself for actually believing that these libs would stay true to their word. I've seen them pull every trick in the book for 40+ years now, yet I still got taken in. *facepalm for me*

This is one of the main reasons why I so strongly oppose the (dishonest) gay marriage movement.

I trusted liberals and got burned. Never again!!
Boron Boron Boron rhymes with moron, moron, moron
May 17th, 2014 at 11:33:18 AM permalink
boymimbo
Threads: 5
Religiously I am against a mother marrying their daughter.

Civilly, if the daughter and mother want to enter into the legal arrangement of marriage and deal with all of the benefits and consequences thereof (including the 50/50 split if/when they divorce), i don't have a problem with it. i have difficulty believing if any court would consider that the parties have sound mind. On the other hand, if it was a father marrying a daughter, that would be a different story due to the genetic consequences thereof should they have a child which the state has interest in protecting. Therefore I think the courts would prohibit the ability for related couples to marry due to a sexist argument -- if a court allowed a mother/daughter to marry then therefore a father should be be able to marry their daughter.

I know you're trying to trap me into being illogical and am trying to make me look ridiculous, but I'm trying to be reasonable.
May 17th, 2014 at 12:18:48 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: boymimbo
i have difficulty believing if any court would consider that the parties have sound mind.

Why? If we have made marriage just a legal option to protect assets, and consummation is not part of it what would make them not of sound mind?

Quote:
I know you're trying to trap me into being illogical and am trying to make me look ridiculous, but I'm trying to be reasonable.

Not trying to trap so much as see where your line is and how you resolve that vs my simple one man/one woman relationship.
The President is a fink.
May 17th, 2014 at 1:41:16 PM permalink
boymimbo
Threads: 5
AZ, your's isnt' simple either. It just adds a criteria for opposite sex. Are you fine with father marrying daughter, aunt marrying nephew? Are you fine with under 16 year olds getting married? I'm in support of all of the other rules surrounding marriage save the opposite sex.
May 17th, 2014 at 2:25:55 PM permalink
Beethoven
Quote: boymimbo
AZ, your's isnt' simple either. It just adds a criteria for opposite sex. Are you fine with father marrying daughter, aunt marrying nephew? Are you fine with under 16 year olds getting married? I'm in support of all of the other rules surrounding marriage save the opposite sex.
He's not the one who wants to change definitions of commonplace words.

On another note:

Moscow bans parade honoring Eurovision drag queen

Russia is one of the few countries out there that refuses to celebrate such nonsense. Good for them!

BTW, doesn't this freak look like a cross between Kim Kardashian and Prince? lol...

May 17th, 2014 at 2:31:21 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146

He looks like a joke, like a Halloween costume.
He's a nice looking guy and all the eye makeup
makes him look like a circus freak. Yuk.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 17th, 2014 at 2:56:44 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Evenbob

He looks like a joke, like a Halloween costume.
He's a nice looking guy and all the eye makeup
makes him look like a circus freak. Yuk.

But the Obama Administration thinks he should be allowed to join the Army!

As to your earlier question, my stance on marriage should be understood by all here by now. As B9 said I am for traditional marriage.

On the point of the 16 year old, if she can get an abortion without parental consent why not allow her to marry?
The President is a fink.
May 17th, 2014 at 4:02:45 PM permalink
Beethoven
Here's LaVar Arrington going off on Michael Sam. Preach it, brother!
Quote: Arrington on Sam:
Just say you want to be a celebrity!

"I don’t care if I make the team. I just want to be a celebrity. I want to do movies. I want to do a documentary."

You’ve been drafted. It’s done! You got it! But don’t bring that drama and that confusion of trying to be more than just a football player to a team that believed enough in you to draft your ass! I think that’s bogus. That’s bogus.

Oprah Winfrey? What does OWN have anything to do with the National Football League? You’re trying to glamorize it like, "Michael Sam is here! Stand with Sam!" What the hell does that mean? Stand with Sam?

May 20th, 2014 at 2:45:31 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Quote: AZDuffman
The entire way the gay movement has used the courts and not the ballot box or legislature to get their way.

Speaking of activist liberal judges, Pennsylvania's ban on gay marriage was struck down today in a ruling by U.S. District Judge John Jones. "We are better people than what these laws represent, and it is time to discard them onto the ash heap of history," Jones wrote in the 39-page opinion.

It turns out that Judge Jones had been endorsed by traditional marriage defender Rick Santorum! Ha ha!