Gay Marriage

August 31st, 2014 at 2:30:50 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: scotty71
Back to learning more about your strong social argument about the dangers and consequences of gay marriage.

It is pretty common knowledge that their is a high level of homophobia in the black community http://www.nationaljournal.com/politics/african-americans-the-last-democratic-holdouts-on-gay-marriage-20130501 not sure why it was important, were you making a point about what you think is the liberal bias in the media. YES, the media is biased, the sell advertising and pay close attention to keeping people tuned in. Earth shattering revelation....

Who shot down the gay marriage argument, not you yet? You haven't stated a single reason why gay marriage shouldn't be allowed that I can tell. Do you favor polygamy? Just say it if you do. I dont know as much about it as you seem to know it but I did read "Under the banner of Heaven" and it didn't seem like that polygamist town had much to do with equality or respect at all. It was more about raping girls under the pretense of religion. So I vote no based on that evidence... they weren't as nice as the ones on the TV show.
Is there a vocal group of gays that came out against polygamy? How do you know that gay marriage supporters are against it, your pulse on the gay community? sources please

Page 20 Now, still no discussion of why you oppose gay marriage but I do agree with this in regards to the media... but they sell ads remember..

BUT NOT THIS

Quote: Beethoven
I have similar thoughts as well. We always hear the "I was born this way" argument, but I still think something else is at play here. For example, gays might have an argument if, say, the average lesbian was attracted to the same type of woman as the average (normal) man. Or if the average gay guy was attracted to the same type of guy as the average (normal) woman.
But this isn't the case at all. Gay guys are usually very feminine, while lesbians are usually very masculine. This alone should tell any sensible person that's there something majorly out of whack here.
I still believe that homosexuality is similar to things like pica or OCD. I don't "hate" people who suffer from any of these things, but I certainly don't fool myself into thinking that they are normal

THE PAYOFF FINALLY You could of just done this on page 1. These sound like the dots that got connected after your wife (ex) caught you cruising at gay bars and your pastor sent you to sexual re-orientation camp http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conversion_therapy Did it work for you or do you still have urges?

come now???

Were you throwing them a bone what rights or sort of rights should they or should they not have... SPECIFICS PLEASE

Quote: Beethoven
Once again, AZ makes a great point. This reminds me of the guy in Florida who ended up adopting his girlfriend so that he could protect his assets in a wrongful death lawsuit.

A wealthy Florida man has adopted his 42-year-old girlfriend as a daughter to protect his assets

Liberals always sanctimoniously preach that "marriage is all about love" and that "you should be able to marry whomever you want", yet they never consider the real-life consequences of such idiotic arguments.

So gays only want to get married to protect their assets in lawsuits? When my wife and I applied for our marriage license no one questioned whether I was trying to hide assets or reduce my tax liability, that didn't come up whe I had kids either but I bet If I had posted an article saying some couple (traditional) was caught adopting a kid only so they could apply for a deduction you would say that is furthering your point.

I didn't have a strong opinion on gay marriage this morning but you swayed me. I know now that you are against gay marriage,think gay people are mentally ill and theres a media bias to trick us into believing that blacks support gay marriages. Why didn't you just post that first?

Go Scotty, taking B apart piece by piece.
Lovin it. +60 billion double ( anime reference, bounty for Vash the Stampede)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 31st, 2014 at 2:50:36 AM permalink
Beethoven
Threads: 18
Quote: terapined
Lovin it. +60 billion double
LOL! I knew you really weren't ignoring my posts even though you tried to make it sound that way. ;)
Boron Boron Boron rhymes with moron, moron, moron
August 31st, 2014 at 9:45:42 AM permalink
boymimbo
Threads: 5
Enjoy your ban, Scotty!

Quite simply, gay people AREN'T NORMAL. They're gay and represent a small minority of the population and therefore aren't normal. Blacks aren't normal either. They're also a minority of the population with cultulral and societal differences than their white counterparts. For example, 83% of African-Americans are Christian. More than 50% attend a Christian church at least once a month (Pew Research).

It is natural for humankind to recognize exceptions and to keep together with like people. For hundreds of years it was quite acceptable to make black people slaves simply because most white people (at the time) thought they were inferior. Some people still feel that way. Some people still feel that gay people are inferior too.

Just because people "aren't normal" doesn't mean we shouldn't make ways to accept them into mainstream society or to give them access to the same benefits that "normal" people have.
September 2nd, 2014 at 5:46:25 AM permalink
chickenman
Threads: 0

Huh? You been Bogarting that joint again? That lame post did nothing of the sort.

BTW, see you fixed your sig.
He's everywhere, he's everywhere...!
September 2nd, 2014 at 10:09:49 AM permalink
kewlj
Threads: 3
I don't see the point in arguing or even discussing gay marriage any more. It's a done deal. 20 some cases in a row have all gone the same way. And they have gone the same way for a reason...because the supreme court ruling which indicated that is the way they were going, when the time comes. And the time is fast approaching. No doubt they will take one of these appealed cases this fall and make things official throughout the land come next summer.

These cases all seem to go pretty much the same way. The pro gay marriage people make their case that gay people are not being treated equal. The anti- gay marriage people are unable to ever come up with a reason as to how they are damaged or harmed by allowing gays to marry. End of story.

Now, honestly, this whole gay marriage issue creates problems for me. I do believe two people who love each other and want to share their lives and property have that right, regardless of what sex they are. BUT personally, I am very happy with my situation. I reside with the person I love and have protected both our interests in certain legal situations. I personally, don't need a piece of paper to legitimize my feelings. So far, I have been able to buy time by saying that I don't wish to get married somewhere else. My partner doesn't feel the same way, so when (not if but when) gay marriage becomes legal in Nevada, it will force my hand to do something.
September 2nd, 2014 at 10:19:47 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: kewlj
I don't see the point in arguing or even discussing gay marriage any more. It's a done deal. 20 some cases in a row have all gone the same way. And they have gone the same way for a reason...because the supreme court ruling which indicated that is the way they were going, when the time comes. And the time is fast approaching. No doubt they will take one of these appealed cases this fall and make things official throughout the land come next summer.

These cases all seem to go pretty much the same way. The pro gay marriage people make their case that gay people are not being treated equal. The anti- gay marriage people are unable to ever come up with a reason as to how they are damaged or harmed by allowing gays to marry. End of story.

Now, honestly, this whole gay marriage issue creates problems for me. I do believe two people who love each other and want to share their lives and property have that right, regardless of what sex they are. BUT personally, I am very happy with my situation. I reside with the person I love and have protected both our interests in certain legal situations. I personally, don't need a piece of paper to legitimize my feelings. So far, I have been able to buy time by saying that I don't wish to get married somewhere else. My partner doesn't feel the same way, so when (not if but when) gay marriage becomes legal in Nevada, it will force my hand to do something.

I agree, Gay marraige is almost a done deal in this country.
The conservative argument that this opens the door to polygamy being legal is ridicilous.
polygamy only takes place in tiny cults in TX, AZ and UT, gays are everywhere.
My prediction, gay marraige legal, polygamy will remail illegal.
Thats just the way its gonna be. Hypocritical, ilogical, who cares, one will be legal, the other not legal.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 2nd, 2014 at 11:20:02 AM permalink
Beethoven
20 some cases in a row have all gone the same way.
...by activist judges on the Court of Appeals, NOT the Supreme Court.

And they have gone the same way for a reason...because the supreme court ruling which indicated that is the way they were going
Which Supreme Court ruling are you talking about???

These cases all seem to go pretty much the same way. The pro gay marriage people make their case that gay people are not being treated equal
...and they make an incredibly poor case each and every time.

But gay marriage (like abortion) shouldn't even be in the courts. Why can't the pro-gay marriage crowd (and the pro-abortion crowd, for the matter) just accept the will of the people when gay marriage (or abortion) is voted down?

Now, honestly, this whole gay marriage issue creates problems for me. I do believe two people who love each other and want to share their lives and property have that right, regardless of what sex they are. BUT personally, I am very happy with my situation.
Cool, I have major respect for you for that. I don't know why so many other gays are hellbent on the word "marriage". This issue could be easily solved by having civil unions that provide the same rights as marriage.
September 2nd, 2014 at 11:23:21 AM permalink
Beethoven
The conservative argument that this opens the door to polygamy being legal is ridicilous.
Um, yeah.....is that why you keep REFUSING to explain how it's so ridiculous"?

Beethoven: Please present a decent argument in favor of gay marriage.
terapined: You're blocked!
Beethoven: *facepalm*

polygamy only takes place in tiny cults in TX, AZ and UT, gays are everywhere.
Gays are 2% of the population. If that's not "tiny", then I don't know what is.

Thats just the way its gonna be. Hypocritical, ilogical, who cares
Who cares?!?! Why do you ONLY support equal rights for gays, but NOT Muslims??

Many Muslims around the world practice polygamy. What do you have against these peaceful, loving Muslims who just want to be treated the same way as gays???
September 3rd, 2014 at 12:49:15 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
My partner doesn't feel the same way, so when (not if but when) gay marriage becomes legal in Nevada, it will force my hand to do something.

Like dump him, maybe? You have far more
to give in the relationship than him, obviously.
Run, don't walk, to the nearest exit when the
time comes. Gay's don't have the wonderful
experience of the partner getting pregnant
on purpose, there is that. Consider yourself
lucky.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 4th, 2014 at 4:36:13 PM permalink
Beethoven
I don't see the point in arguing or even discussing gay marriage any more. It's a done deal. 20 some cases in a row have all gone the same way
Federal judge upholds gay marriage ban in Louisiana

Oops, not quite!