Gay Marriage

August 29th, 2014 at 9:09:41 AM permalink
Beethoven
Threads: 18
Quote: AZDuffman
Polygamy is in fact a better argument than gay marriage as polygamy has the virtue of being biologically correct and gay marriage does not.
+1

That is so true. The irony (which gay marriage supporters can't seem to grasp) is that polygamists can make a better case for marriage than gays can...lol

Quote: terapined
Ilogical decisions are made all the time.

I can be a hypocrite and be illogical.

Its like you people cannot deal with a illogical hypocrite .
If I want equal rights for whites but not for blacks, then are you cool with me being an "illogical hypocrite"? *facepalm*

If this makes me a hypocrite , so be it.
Its like you guys cant accept that, I have to be all in or against, that's ridiculous.
Um, yeah.....that's what "equality" means. Duh!

Have you ever looked up "equality" in the dictionary? If you truly do believe in equal rights, then you should support equal rights for all and NOT just for gays. Saying that you want equal rights for gays but not for polygamists is no different from people 60 years ago who wanted equal rights for whites but NOT for blacks.
Boron Boron Boron rhymes with moron, moron, moron
August 29th, 2014 at 9:35:25 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

Its like you people cannot deal with a illogical hypocrite . I think the majority of the country has the same hypocritical and ilogical stance on these issues.
That is simply the way it is. I understand you dont want me to be ilogical and a hypocrit but thats not dealing with reality.

Reality is that if you support gay marriage with the arguments made for it but are against polygamy by ignoring the same arguments you are both a hypocrite and illogical. I will simply deal with it by pointing it out. I doubt it will take long as the courts are at least supposed to be logical and will have a hard time ruling against polygamy after the precedent of gay marriage. Enjoy the society it creates as you helped produce it.

Quote:
By the way, Joe Paterno supporter? Were you upset with the ilogical hypocritical decision to take down the statue and leave the name on the library?

I would have kept the statue and the library and also would have let him have his last home game and retired him off season. I was not "upset" as I have no direct ties to Penn State.
The President is a fink.
August 29th, 2014 at 10:49:43 AM permalink
chickenman
Threads: 0
Beethoven blocked :-)
Another notch in the gun :-)
He's everywhere, he's everywhere...!
August 29th, 2014 at 1:13:03 PM permalink
Beethoven
Quote: chickenman
Beethoven blocked :-)
Another notch in the gun :-)
+1,000

LOL!!! :D
August 29th, 2014 at 2:21:15 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I like to gamble.
I would gamble and bet that of all the members here and on WOV, B is the most blocked member.
Alot of people, me included, have no interest in reading his posts, thats all.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 29th, 2014 at 2:54:14 PM permalink
Beethoven
I like to gamble.
I would gamble and bet that of all the members here and on WOV, B is the most blocked member.
That wouldn't surprise me at all. Liberals would rather stick their fingers in their ears and scream, "I can't hear you!" rather than present sound, logical arguments...lol
August 29th, 2014 at 3:20:15 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
AZ and B tag teaming little old me.
Should I climb out of the square ring?
Anybody coming to my rescue??
Hmm

Ok,
different tack
total honesty.
1st off not gay. It's like that famous Seinfeld episode "I am not gay, not that there is anything wrong with it" :-)
anyway
I work in a large office. Quite a few gays in the office. These are great people. They work hard, are smart, have a great sense of humor ect. Just good people to work with and be around. They don't flaunt it, its just known and its just a part of who they are. When I look their way, I don't see a gay person, I see a good friend/co worker. Now of course they want to marry their partner, they want to be happy. This will make them happier. Now if they are allowed to marry their partner, how does that effect me? My life still goes on not changing one iota. Is anybody getting hurt, of course not, everybody elses life in the office that is not gay goes on as it always had. The only real change in my life is that some of the people I work with will be happier. Who am I do deny a coworker some happiness? I wish everybody that I work with happiness in their personal lives. Its simply an issue about happiness. Look at it strictly from a business point of view, happy workers are more productive workers. Its economically sound :-)

I'm not interested in the polygamy/gay debate. If I'm a hypocrite , so be it, I could care less. I just want to see my friends happy, that's all.

Sorry man if I wasn't here to help but I don't know if I can?

I'll weigh in and it may cost me, here goes.

I haven't even looked at this thread till today. I read a awful lot but I can't follow everything and the gay marriage thing is not even on a back burner, I have my own issues to deal with.

Not caring "much" about the gm issue is strikingly odd for me really. I actually have at least two friends who are openly gay, one on the fence and some others that are just plain queer.

The fence sitter isn't sure, she wasn't then she was and ran off someplace years ago and married a woman. Somehow they got this one pregnant [donor], I don't want to know enough to ask but, now they have divorced. Seeing as how this ones partner had nothing to do with the pregnancy [being a woman herself] the court said she doesn't have to help with the child at all and is apparently happy with that decision. The mother has moved back in with her parents in her thirtys and wants to be a stay at home mom. What a ****** mess.

I guess I was way ahead of my time on this issue. In the 80's I really wanted the law to let me marry my mother so I could get her on my medical insurance, and that also would stop me from marrying some bimbo, as it turned out I was too late on both counts. Mom passed and many years later I found out what the courts seem to think "half" means.

Continuing on, those poly people whatever you call them. I've been up through that Colorado city many times where that Reverand or whatever they call them "Warren Jeffs" was marrying those young girls to old men and kicking all the teen boys out of town. Sad and a riot at the same time for me. I have empathy for the young women who didn't know any better being raised in a cult and now are left holding the bag so to speak. They are a hard working bunch, I"ll give them that. They are also very stand offish and too me they are exceptionally rude. Maybe just because I am the unwashed or something? They also are lousy drivers and very poor boat operators, I know that doesn't matter much in the grand scheme, just an observation. I also suspect much inbreeding.

AZ mentioned the muslims and they're desire for more than one wife. I say that's what they get for not looking under the burka before taking one of them home.
Bunch of assholes get what they deserve, sometimes. If our women were that ugly, we would cover them up too, JK.

This here is probably part 2 or 3 where I bite off more than I want to chew. I question marriage anymore in its entirety. Whoa, did I say that? My wife must not be reading this thread, Whew.

Not understanding the issue about gay marriage, I think it has something to do with spousal rights? Something about receiving spousal benefits, and being able to visit in the hospital and I don't know what else, but I'm sure there is more. My opinion is some kind of legal contract is more appropriate this day and age. Put a time limit on most marriages with over 50% ending within two years. Like some kind of jobs program for divorce lawyers or something. Not unlike being in congress being a pathway to a 7 figure job working for the corporations they used to regulate.

Did somebody upthread mention costitutional rights to marry? I haven't read it lately but I have read it stem to stern and I don't recall the constitution addressing marriage or the bill of rights, maybe I'm wrong again? IDK I remember the right about persuing happiness, which literally only means guaranteeing the right to persue, not attain.

I'm with you Terapined on wishing your team members more happiness. On the other site, I'd ask what are the chances of that, not being a mathmatician, I'm going to hazard a guess at less than 50% are going to be happier, but I'm near certain more than 50% are going to learn a new misery, one they won't enjoy and will last them for years. Then they will go on some kind of disability for ptsd or some thing that we used to just work through but now entitles them to ssdi and a weed license. Come to think of it, should of just give them the license in the first place, they would already be happy and they would forget about wanting to be married. It's just not this hard people.

Hope this helps
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
August 29th, 2014 at 3:43:35 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: petroglyph
Sorry man if I wasn't here to help but I don't know if I can?

I'll weigh in and it may cost me, here goes.

I haven't even looked at this thread till today. I read a awful lot but I can't follow everything and the gay marriage thing is not even on a back burner, I have my own issues to deal with.

Not caring "much" about the gm issue is strikingly odd for me really. I actually have at least two friends who are openly gay, one on the fence and some others that are just plain queer.

The fence sitter isn't sure, she wasn't then she was and ran off someplace years ago and married a woman. Somehow they got this one pregnant [donor], I don't want to know enough to ask but, now they have divorced. Seeing as how this ones partner had nothing to do with the pregnancy [being a woman herself] the court said she doesn't have to help with the child at all and is apparently happy with that decision. The mother has moved back in with her parents in her thirtys and wants to be a stay at home mom. What a ****** mess.

I guess I was way ahead of my time on this issue. In the 80's I really wanted the law to let me marry my mother so I could get her on my medical insurance, and that also would stop me from marrying some bimbo, as it turned out I was too late on both counts. Mom passed and many years later I found out what the courts seem to think "half" means.

Continuing on, those poly people whatever you call them. I've been up through that Colorado city many times where that Reverand or whatever they call them "Warren Jeffs" was marrying those young girls to old men and kicking all the teen boys out of town. Sad and a riot at the same time for me. I have empathy for the young women who didn't know any better being raised in a cult and now are left holding the bag so to speak. They are a hard working bunch, I"ll give them that. They are also very stand offish and too me they are exceptionally rude. Maybe just because I am the unwashed or something? They also are lousy drivers and very poor boat operators, I know that doesn't matter much in the grand scheme, just an observation. I also suspect much inbreeding.

AZ mentioned the muslims and they're desire for more than one wife. I say that's what they get for not looking under the burka before taking one of them home.
Bunch of assholes get what they deserve, sometimes. If our women were that ugly, we would cover them up too, JK.

This here is probably part 2 or 3 where I bite off more than I want to chew. I question marriage anymore in its entirety. Whoa, did I say that? My wife must not be reading this thread, Whew.

Not understanding the issue about gay marriage, I think it has something to do with spousal rights? Something about receiving spousal benefits, and being able to visit in the hospital and I don't know what else, but I'm sure there is more. My opinion is some kind of legal contract is more appropriate this day and age. Put a time limit on most marriages with over 50% ending within two years. Like some kind of jobs program for divorce lawyers or something. Not unlike being in congress being a pathway to a 7 figure job working for the corporations they used to regulate.

Did somebody upthread mention costitutional rights to marry? I haven't read it lately but I have read it stem to stern and I don't recall the constitution addressing marriage or the bill of rights, maybe I'm wrong again? IDK I remember the right about persuing happiness, which literally only means guaranteeing the right to persue, not attain.

I'm with you Terapined on wishing your team members more happiness. On the other site, I'd ask what are the chances of that, not being a mathmatician, I'm going to hazard a guess at less than 50% are going to be happier, but I'm near certain more than 50% are going to learn a new misery, one they won't enjoy and will last them for years. Then they will go on some kind of disability for ptsd or some thing that we used to just work through but now entitles them to ssdi and a weed license. Come to think of it, should of just give them the license in the first place, they would already be happy and they would forget about wanting to be married. It's just not this hard people.

Hope this helps

Thanks Petro,
Just kidding about the tag teaming and rescue but thanks anyway.
appreciate your honest input.
B wasn't adding anything to the discussion so I blocked him now.
Yea I hear you on marriage may not be a gateway to happiness.
I sit right by a foxnews viewer at work. Twice divorced.
Her view is "let them get married then they can experience all the crap I went through" :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 29th, 2014 at 4:40:50 PM permalink
Beethoven
B wasn't adding anything to the discussion so I blocked him now.

Translation:
"I couldn't come up with a decent argument against Beethoven, so I blocked him to avoid admitting it."

LOL :D
August 30th, 2014 at 6:24:46 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
I like to gamble.

I think there is at least one other person that would give him a run for the money over the long term. Maybe two, now that I think of it:

Narred
EvenBob

Those two seem to come up as being blocked fairly often. I am blocked by one of them. I haven't blocked that person; i don;t really care enough to block them. The other one has a roulette scheme, betting plan, or whatever I'd like to know...I keep hoping he'll put it out here for us, so I can't block him!