Pet Peeves

Page 18 of 21« First<15161718192021>
July 10th, 2023 at 11:31:18 AM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
YouTube instructional videos that take forever to get to the point.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
July 10th, 2023 at 12:37:53 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: JimRockford
YouTube instructional videos that take forever to get to the point.

Remember to look for the gear button down to the right. You can speed up playback. I usually don't go faster than 1.5, but YMMV.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 10th, 2023 at 2:54:48 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
I'd say 90% of the time I speed a video up at least one notch, music excepted

it even works for closed caption, if I have the sound off I can use that and increase speed 2x sometimes
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
July 12th, 2023 at 5:13:21 AM permalink
rxwine
Have a new computer and letting MacAfee run it's free virus installation promotion run out. I've been fine with running Windows defender for years now, so see no reason to purchase an anti-virus program.

A couple times, so far I've come across a page on the Internet where a full page warning pops up. But I can't tell if it's the MacAfee warning or one of those fake page warnings. I don't want to click on anything on the page to fix anything. I think with Defender, you just close the page, then go open the Defender software and see if you need to do anything.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 21st, 2023 at 7:19:14 AM permalink
rxwine
Two today.

Before I ever buy another TV, I going to check to see if it has manual buttons besides just on and off. I've tried two different "universal" remotes on this thing so far, and they haven't worked. Tried an app as well. Oh, it works fine through the cable box control. But that's not what I want.

Products in boxes that are next to impossible to get open without halfway destroying. If I'm going to return it, then I've going to return it. The condition of the box doesn't matter, but hey industry, you could probably reuse these yourself if at least some got back to you in usable condition. If it's some sort of security thing, maybe you can think of a better way?
July 21st, 2023 at 8:07:28 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: rxwine
Before I ever buy another TV, I going to check to see if it has manual buttons besides just on and off.
This might literally be impossible for a new one. I agree it should be required by law, and the buttons should not be black on black making it so you can't even see them
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
July 21st, 2023 at 10:55:34 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: rxwine
Two today.

Before I ever buy another TV, I going to check to see if it has manual buttons besides just on and off. I've tried two different "universal" remotes on this thing so far, and they haven't worked. Tried an app as well. Oh, it works fine through the cable box control. But that's not what I want.

Products in boxes that are next to impossible to get open without halfway destroying. If I'm going to return it, then I've going to return it. The condition of the box doesn't matter, but hey industry, you could probably reuse these yourself if at least some got back to you in usable condition. If it's some sort of security thing, maybe you can think of a better way?

What brand did you buy? I have never had a problem getting a universal remote to work. Often times the brand may not be listed for that remote but many strange brands are compatible with another brand.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
July 21st, 2023 at 11:10:04 AM permalink
rxwine
It's a Roku Hisense.
October 31st, 2023 at 5:12:06 PM permalink
rxwine
I'm hate click bait that works like so.

Example:

Title "The most interesting thing about a dog's nose?"

Opening sentence, "Before we discuss a dog's nose, let's review a little bit of the entire history of dogs."
-----------------------------

Maybe I should call it "spambait"
December 8th, 2023 at 5:28:41 AM permalink
rxwine
Get off the f____ phone and watch for the turn light! Especially, if you're the front car or two in the lane.

I could probably repeat this one about every 3 days.
Page 18 of 21« First<15161718192021>