Pet Peeves

Page 5 of 6« First<23456>
March 1st, 2017 at 1:38:23 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Member since: Oct 27, 2012
Threads: 47
Posts: 4158
If you get alot of that you may have a virus on your computer.
March 17th, 2017 at 7:41:36 AM permalink
terapined
Member since: Aug 6, 2014
Threads: 35
Posts: 2690
I am surfing the internet
Enjoying peace a quiet
and
A video and audio commercial automatically starts playing
ugh
So Intrusive
I have to quickly hit a mute button and look to pause or close the video commercial.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 17th, 2017 at 11:06:27 AM permalink
rxwine
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 115
Posts: 4549
Quote: terapined
I am surfing the internet
Enjoying peace a quiet
and
A video and audio commercial automatically starts playing
ugh
So Intrusive
I have to quickly hit a mute button and look to pause or close the video commercial.


Yeah, it's pretty annoying.
No one has ever proven I am not God.
March 30th, 2017 at 7:54:46 PM permalink
Evenbob
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 105
Posts: 10398
The power was out for 6 hours today. Luckily
I have a gen so I had it going in no time and
had power and heat in my office but not the
rest of the house. I plugged in the fridge
but no heat lights.

I remember not having a gen for decades
and just sitting it out. But now I'm spoiled
and it irks me to have to go thru all the
work of messing with everything involved
in getting and keeping a gen going. Still
better than sitting in the cold dark, though.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 31st, 2017 at 7:52:50 AM permalink
DRich
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 18
Posts: 652
Quote: Evenbob
The power was out for 6 hours today. Luckily
I have a gen so I had it going in no time and
had power and heat in my office but not the
rest of the house. I plugged in the fridge
but no heat lights.

I remember not having a gen for decades
and just sitting it out. But now I'm spoiled
and it irks me to have to go thru all the
work of messing with everything involved
in getting and keeping a gen going. Still
better than sitting in the cold dark, though.


I was at a small casino yesterday and the power went our for about four hours. No generators.
March 31st, 2017 at 8:30:23 AM permalink
Nareed
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 306
Posts: 10278
Quote: DRich
I was at a small casino yesterday and the power went our for about four hours. No generators.


You stuck around for 4 hours?
If Trump where half as smart as he thinks he is, he'd be twice as smart as he really is.
March 31st, 2017 at 10:40:02 AM permalink
JimRockford
Member since: Sep 18, 2015
Threads: 0
Posts: 128
A salad should consist of bite size pieces. You should be able to eat it with only a fork. You should not have to cut up a tomato slice or a giant bell pepper ring at the table.
March 31st, 2017 at 11:02:05 AM permalink
Nareed
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 306
Posts: 10278
Quote: JimRockford
A salad should consist of bite size pieces. You should be able to eat it with only a fork. You should not have to cut up a tomato slice or a giant bell pepper ring at the table.


Nope. A proper Caesar salad uses whole lettuce leaves. And big, thick slices of garlic bread, not croutons.
If Trump where half as smart as he thinks he is, he'd be twice as smart as he really is.
March 31st, 2017 at 11:11:01 AM permalink
JimRockford
Member since: Sep 18, 2015
Threads: 0
Posts: 128
Quote: Nareed
Nope. A proper Caesar salad uses whole lettuce leaves. And big, thick slices of garlic bread, not croutons.

Well that's why it's MY pet peeve. Salad chefs may consider it proper. I consider it partially prepared with work remaining for me to finish.
March 31st, 2017 at 12:07:47 PM permalink
Nareed
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 306
Posts: 10278
Quote: JimRockford
Well that's why it's MY pet peeve.


Yeah, those pedigreed peeves are not as good as they look :)

Quote:
Salad chefs may consider it proper. I consider it partially prepared with work remaining for me to finish.


"Dinner. Some assembly required." Sheldon Cooper.
If Trump where half as smart as he thinks he is, he'd be twice as smart as he really is.
Page 5 of 6« First<23456>