Pet Peeves

March 31st, 2017 at 4:50:31 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: JimRockford
A salad should consist of bite size pieces. You should be able to eat it with only a fork. You should not have to cut up a tomato slice or a giant bell pepper ring at the table.

Cue plant activist response -- Don't you know fruits and vegetables have to be picked and processed. They don't just come from the meat factory like your steak!

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 5th, 2017 at 1:49:36 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
I ran into a technical issue at work the other day. I knew exactly what to do, but when I told the supervisor I'd do it, he insisted I call tech support. So after a 15-minute call, tech support advised me to do exactly what I'd judged should be done.

I hate it when that happens.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
April 9th, 2017 at 7:15:47 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Being in a fastfood line 3 deep. Front person is ordering. Middle person is hopefully deciding just as i am. Middle person gets to counter and for the 1st time looks above to the menu and hesitates because have not made up mind yet.

People that dont use a merge lane to merge. They come to a right turn off exit and there is a long merge lane to safely merge and keeps traffic flowing. Instead they stop so they can merge immediately. Uggh
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 9th, 2017 at 7:56:58 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Some cities construct roads so that turn lanes must be used and there is a barrier to immediately entering or exiting main traffic.
April 10th, 2017 at 2:41:35 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Why can't MS standardize it's shortcuts in all their Office programs with a Spanish interface?

In Word, the shortcut for "Find" is Alt-E-U. In Excel (and IE to boot) it's Alt-E-B.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
September 6th, 2017 at 11:35:53 AM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Why do so many people, especially sports writers, think that arguing a point and arguing against a point are the same thing? For example I just read the following in a sports column :
"No one would argue that NFL football poses serious mental and physical challenges for its players."
The writer of course meant the opposite.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
September 6th, 2017 at 1:48:48 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
My new debit card has a chip so
it can be inserted and not swiped.
Some places insist you insert it and
it takes twice as long to process a
checkout then the swiping did. Whose
bright fricking idea was this..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 6th, 2017 at 1:54:27 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Yeah, the chip thing was a real time waster and the computer knows you have a chip and will insist that you use it. Supermarkets hate those chip cards but got them forced upon them involuntarily just after buying alot of non-chip terminals.
September 6th, 2017 at 1:56:47 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Fleastiff
Yeah, the chip thing was a real time waster and the computer knows you have a chip and will insist that you use it. Supermarkets hate those chip cards but got them forced upon them involuntarily just after buying alot of non-chip terminals.

Plus, you can't see where the stupid
card insert is and have to bend over
and look for it. Yet another technology
step backwards.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 6th, 2017 at 2:16:34 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: terapined
Being in a fastfood line 3 deep. Front person is ordering. Middle person is hopefully deciding just as i am. Middle person gets to counter and for the 1st time looks above to the menu and hesitates because have not made up mind yet.

I was at the horse races in Del Mar this weekend and every line I chose to make a bet was like this. It's almost like they hadn't even looked at the program until they got to the counter.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.