Pet Peeves

Page 6 of 6« First<3456
March 31st, 2017 at 4:50:31 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 114
Quote: JimRockford
A salad should consist of bite size pieces. You should be able to eat it with only a fork. You should not have to cut up a tomato slice or a giant bell pepper ring at the table.

Cue plant activist response -- Don't you know fruits and vegetables have to be picked and processed. They don't just come from the meat factory like your steak!

No one has ever proven I am not God.
April 5th, 2017 at 1:49:36 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 303
I ran into a technical issue at work the other day. I knew exactly what to do, but when I told the supervisor I'd do it, he insisted I call tech support. So after a 15-minute call, tech support advised me to do exactly what I'd judged should be done.

I hate it when that happens.
If Trump where half as smart as he thinks he is, he'd be twice as smart as he really is.
April 9th, 2017 at 7:15:47 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 35
Being in a fastfood line 3 deep. Front person is ordering. Middle person is hopefully deciding just as i am. Middle person gets to counter and for the 1st time looks above to the menu and hesitates because have not made up mind yet.

People that dont use a merge lane to merge. They come to a right turn off exit and there is a long merge lane to safely merge and keeps traffic flowing. Instead they stop so they can merge immediately. Uggh
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 9th, 2017 at 7:56:58 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 47
Some cities construct roads so that turn lanes must be used and there is a barrier to immediately entering or exiting main traffic.
April 10th, 2017 at 2:41:35 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 303
Why can't MS standardize it's shortcuts in all their Office programs with a Spanish interface?

In Word, the shortcut for "Find" is Alt-E-U. In Excel (and IE to boot) it's Alt-E-B.
If Trump where half as smart as he thinks he is, he'd be twice as smart as he really is.
Page 6 of 6« First<3456