Was Jesus God?

August 3rd, 2016 at 3:38:09 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Did you read Luke chapter 15, how about Romans 8:31-38? Check it out and I'll let you retract your statement. Here is part of the verses from St. Paul's Letter to the Romans, "What will separate us from the love of Christ? Will anguish, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or the sword?...No, in all these things we conquer overwhelmingly through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death, not life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor present things, nor future things, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord."
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
August 3rd, 2016 at 3:49:15 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: FrGamble
Did you read Luke chapter 15, how about Romans 8:31-38? Check it out and I'll let you retract your statement. Here is part of the verses from St. Paul's Letter to the Romans, "What will separate us from the love of Christ? Will anguish, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or the sword?...No, in all these things we conquer overwhelmingly through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death, not life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor present things, nor future things, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord."

You somehow get unconditional love out of that?
How is nothing separating you from Jesus or god
saying gods love is unconditional. Notice Paul
says nowhere that sinning like crazy every day and
living the life of a reprobate will not separate you from
the love of god in Jesus. Why is that.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 3rd, 2016 at 6:50:35 PM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: Evenbob
You somehow get unconditional love out of that?
How is nothing separating you from Jesus or god
saying gods love is unconditional.

um...because nothing can separate us from the love of Christ. That is pretty unconditional isn't it?

Quote:
Notice Paul
says nowhere that sinning like crazy every day and
living the life of a reprobate will not separate you from
the love of god in Jesus. Why is that.

present things nor future things, no in all these things God's love is still there for us. Heck, the very life of St. Paul is testimony to the unconditional love of Jesus. Did you forget that Saul's former occupation was killing Christians for a living. Or what about St. Peter the other great principal saint of the early Church, he denied Christ three times in His time of greatest need and was then forgiven and loved? I know you have been hearing this a lot in other threads too, buy you are wrong Bob.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
August 3rd, 2016 at 7:26:17 PM permalink
Evenbob
That is pretty unconditional isn't it?

No, it isn't. It's an inference you're making,
and not a good one. Just like with everything
else, like Mary being divine. It doesn't say
that anywhere, you just twist things around
to make it appear so. Not even other kinds
of Christians buy it, let alone non believers.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 3rd, 2016 at 8:33:48 PM permalink
FrGamble
Anyone who thinks Mary is divine is not a Christian. You are just digging a hole deeper, my friend.
August 3rd, 2016 at 9:42:42 PM permalink
Evenbob
Anyone who thinks Mary is divine is not a Christian. You are just digging a hole deeper, my friend.

You are correct, I'm not a Christian and
and I get confused sometimes as to who
is what. It's all meaningless to me.

Insert another example and it reads thusly:

'No, it isn't. It's an inference you're making,
and not a good one. Just like with everything
else, like praying to Mary to ask Jesus. It doesn't say
that anywhere, you just twist things around
to make it appear so.'
August 3rd, 2016 at 9:51:35 PM permalink
FrGamble
Have you never asked the help of someone's mother? She is very persuasive.
August 3rd, 2016 at 10:51:17 PM permalink
Evenbob
Have you never asked the help of someone's mother? She is very persuasive.

Doesn't matter, asking Mary anything isn't
scriptural. It's a twist the Church makes
to further entrap the unwary and ill educated
into it's clutches. It was devised to lure in
the pagan goddess worshipers, that's a
fact. Steal whatever they can and mix it
with what they have. They did exactly the
same thing in Haiti in the 20th century.
When an inquisition of the voodoo
cult didn't work, the Church worked some of
voodoo's own religious rites into the
Catholic mass and it was amazingly
successful.
August 4th, 2016 at 6:24:21 AM permalink
FrGamble
So the idea that we can ask for guidance and assistance from others is somehow a twist that is not Scriptural. Please show me where this is in Scripture. Only an ill educated person would think that the normal reality of friends and intercessors is just a trap.

Also I hope you realize that the Mass was around long before the 20th century. Voodoo is a corruption of Catholic Christianity not the other way around.
August 4th, 2016 at 11:54:56 AM permalink
Evenbob
So the idea that we can ask for guidance and assistance from others is somehow a twist that is not Scriptural. .

Is that all Mary is to the Church? Really? Do
we have to get into this yet again? We know
who Mary is to the Catholic religion, she is
slightly more some woman you ask guidance
of. She is woven thru every fabric of what you
do.

'Catholics hold Mary, the Mother of God, in a special place in their hearts and give Mary a unique position in the pantheon of Catholic saints. Through the ages, more poems, hymns, statues, icons, paintings, treatises, and sermons have been produced on one woman than any other in all human history. She is Mother of the Church and Mother of the Mystical Body of Christ. Mary is the only person beside Jesus who was bodily assumed into heaven — the Feast of the Assumption (Assumption Day) is celebrated on August 15 every year. She has also appeared in visions more often than any other saint.'

And the only part of all that in the Bible
is she was the mother of Jesus.