Catholic Church Collapsing

September 19th, 2015 at 5:21:47 PM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
Quote: Evenbob
Nothing to get over, I didn't let it
suck me in.
You seem very bitter and cynical. Try to let it go. It's not worth agonizing about. Seriously, you seem so worked up about God that your quality of life may be suffering.
September 19th, 2015 at 6:07:53 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: pew
You seem very bitter and cynical. Try to let it go. It's not worth agonizing about. Seriously, you seem so worked up about God that your quality of life may be suffering.

lol, Dr Pew has spoken! Don't worry about me,
sonny, I don't need somebody in the Peanut
Gallery giving me unsolicited and worthless
advice. Keep it to yourself, there's a good lad..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 19th, 2015 at 7:10:24 PM permalink
pew
lol, Dr Pew has spoken! Don't worry about me,
sonny, I don't need somebody in the Peanut
Gallery giving me unsolicited and worthless
advice. Keep it to yourself, there's a good lad..
Well then why do you continue to post vitriol constantly? On the subject of God you are a piker. I can't make four thousand plus posts because I actually have a life that precudes me from being on line 24/7
September 19th, 2015 at 7:16:55 PM permalink
Evenbob
Well then why do you continue to post vitriol constantly? On the subject of God you are a piker. I can't make four thousand plus posts because I actually have a life that precudes me from being on line 24/7

God doesn't exist, prove he does. Go ahead,
I dare you. And I never post before 3pm,
look it up. I'm online off and on for 10
hours a day. Just one more thing you're
wrong about. You have 18 posts, is it
my fault you have nothing to say?
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 19th, 2015 at 7:30:34 PM permalink
pew
God doesn't exist, prove he does. Go ahead,
I dare you. And I never post before 3pm,
look it up. I'm online off and on for 10
hours a day. Just one more thing you're
wrong about. You have 18 posts, is it
my fault you have nothing to say?
If God doesn't exist then fine. Why do you need to post about it? Get a life. Maybe you should move out of your parents basement and experience life.
September 19th, 2015 at 7:44:30 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
God doesn't exist, prove he does.

When you say "god doesn't exist," you open yourself up to challenge to prove the negative. Lack of proof of the positive does not prove the negative.

Personally, I just assume he doesn't until proven otherwise. I take this position with all things that are neither proven nor disproven.

Maybe you should move out of your parents basement and experience life.

Let's remember the forum rules, in particular no personal insults. I think we have yet to have a suspension on this site, but there is a first time for everything.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
September 19th, 2015 at 8:28:02 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: Wizard
Lack of proof of the positive does not prove the negative.

It does no good for a god that doesn't exist
any way you look at it.
September 19th, 2015 at 8:30:51 PM permalink
Evenbob
Maybe you should move out of your parents basement and experience life.

If my parents were still alive, they would both
be over 100. Doubtful they have basements
in nursing homes. I'm afraid I retired from
life a few years ago and am experiencing
leisure time. Just pointing out how ridiculous
your insult was.
September 20th, 2015 at 5:40:44 AM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67

Personally, I just assume he doesn't until proven otherwise. I take this position with all things that are neither proven nor disproven.

A healthy stance. Wouldn't the reverse also be acceptable: I will assume He does exist until proven otherwise? In fact based on what I think Evenbob called once, "the tidbits of real science" that point towards the creation of the universe and the general feeling in our hearts and gut that life is more significant than just a meaningless cosmic accident, wouldn't it be more wise to assume God does indeed exist? We usually do grant the positive till proved otherwise.

cherry pick what tidbits real
science throws their way, to prop up
the idea Jehovah created
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
September 20th, 2015 at 6:17:02 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
When you say "god doesn't exist," you open yourself up to challenge to prove the negative. Lack of proof of the positive does not prove the negative.

That's a completely irrational position. The claimant has the burden of proof. In this case, those who claim any kind of god exists must prove their claims.

Can you imagine Einstein, Newton or Curie simply stating incredible notions and then saying "prove that it's not so!" Ludicrous.

Therefore let me state this categorically: There are NO gods. None. Not Jehovah, not Jesus, not their Invisible Friend, Not Isis, Not Athena, not Tlaloc, not Odin, not Steve Jobs. I can say this because over thousands of years of human history, not a single shred of evidence has ever been presented as proof by anyone.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER