Catholic Church Collapsing

September 17th, 2015 at 4:33:06 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: Wizard
The same kind you do.

The fact there is something rather than nothing is evidence for Leprechauns?
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
September 17th, 2015 at 4:54:42 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: FrGamble
The fact there is something rather than nothing is evidence for Leprechauns?

As much as there is for god. (I think
you're starting to catch on)
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 17th, 2015 at 4:55:41 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
The same kind you do.

I've seen depictions of Leprechauns. I've seen no depictions of Jehovah.

Advantage Leprechauns.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
September 17th, 2015 at 6:01:13 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
In 1994, Father Paul Madden, a priest in Jackson, Mississippi, admitted (in writing) that he repeatedly raped a 13 year old boy decades earlier. So where is he now? He's still a practicing priest. But not in Mississippi. He's now a Catholic priest in a rural area of Peru.

Will he ever be allowed to be a priest again in the United States?

Quote: Global Post
“I don’t think so, no, because of this ‘zero policy.’ And this was before — that’s not just from Pope Francis, this came out years before in the US.”

Madden was referring to a “zero tolerance” policy on child sex abuse that was approved by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops in 2002. The policy aimed to remove any and all priests who have abused children, no matter how long ago.

“When even a single act of sexual abuse by a priest or deacon is admitted or is established after an appropriate process in accord with canon law, the offending priest or deacon will be removed permanently from ecclesiastical ministry,” reads one of the rules approved by the Vatican after the conference.

In a new report published today, the Global Post is alleging that Father Madden isn't an isolated case. Apparently, when a pedofile Priest is caught in Europe or the United States, instead of defrocking him the Church merely moves him to small isolated villages in rural South America. The Global Post has found and interviewed 5 different pedofile priests from Minnesota, Pennsylvania, Texas and Belgium who now work, respectively, in Ecuador, Paraguay, Colombia, and Brazil.

I still can't figure out why the Church wants to be associated with these monsters.

September 17th, 2015 at 6:51:09 PM permalink
buzzardknot
Threads: 7
The same kind you do.

what about the Shroud of Dublin ? ? ?
September 17th, 2015 at 6:54:01 PM permalink
buzzardknot
Threads: 7
There was a recent Pope who tried to sweep it all under the rug. Under his reign assets were moved from parishes with pending lawsuits. Now they are about to make him a Saint. If there is a hell, I hope he has a reserved seat !
September 17th, 2015 at 8:57:36 PM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: buzzardknot
what about the Shroud of Dublin ? ? ?

The Shroud of Turin is indeed something special, as are the many miracles attributed to Jesus who was a real historical person and who has changed human history more than any person ever before or ever since. A man who lived some 33 years and was crucified, died, and was testified by 100s of people that He had risen from the dead. These people went on to give their lives to spreading this Good News of salvation to the point of dying for their claims in the Resurrection. This faith spread in the face of great persecution and eventually found itself in every corner of the globe. Our years are dated from Jesus' birth and the Catholic Church is the largest charitable organization on Earth. Not to mention the millions of other Christians and all they do to make this world a better place. I mean Leprechauns are lucky but no one has seen one and no one has given their life to tell others of them.

In regards to the fact of creation, Leprechauns (if they existed) are created beings, they are not the source of all that is. God is the first mover, the uncaused cause of all things, without which there can be or would be nothing. The fact that there is something rather than nothing and that this something comes from something else as its cause is evidence that leads one to believe there was an absolute beginning, a being who is existence itself and not a non-existent infinite regress. This is not to mention the scientific evidence that shows an expanding universe, etc.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
September 17th, 2015 at 8:58:24 PM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: buzzardknot
There was a recent Pope who tried to sweep it all under the rug.

What Pope was this?
September 17th, 2015 at 11:02:38 PM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: Evenbob

I've believed it for too many decades,
it's a non issue.

We can all change.

Quote:
Just read it's awful tyrannical history, the
only conclusion you can come to is ...

One you have already made up your mind about.
September 17th, 2015 at 11:04:25 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: FrGamble
The Shroud of Turin is indeed something special,

Special in that it's one of the best examples
from the 'relic' period of the Church. I notice
you don't say it's real and neither does the
Vatican. They just act like it is, popes visit
it, Catholics pray over it.

Forget the overwhelming evidence that
it's from the 14th century. What's
meaningful to me is, it depicts a man
6' tall. The average Jew in Jesus time
was 5'1". Jesus would have been a giant,
he would have towered over everybody,
even the Romans were very short, 5'3". This
surely would have been mentioned in
the Bible, he would have been a circus
Freak. It's been speculated that Goliath
was only 6'5", and he was considered
a giant. The shroud is obviously a fake.

People don't realize how short everybody
was before the 20th century. The
average height of a Civil War soldier was
5'6". I have dealt in adult vintage clothing
from 1900, and it's like it's looks it's for 12 year old
children. Jesus was an average Jew in
looks and height, he was no 6' giant.
We know the average Jew was 5'1" from
all the skeletons that have found from
the period in tombs and graves.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.