Hey FrGamble!

June 2nd, 2020 at 11:05:25 AM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Nobody needs anyone to ever tell them they are a sinner, everybody already knows that. What they do need to know is that God loves them, forgives them, and that He does not allow sin to define who they are. They were made for more and are made in the image and likeness of God with a dignity that is inestimable. God has a plan for them to find happiness and peace in this life and eternal glory in the next. It is not based on what they have done, are doing, or will do - but it is based on the fundamental truth that God is their heavenly Father who loves them always.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
June 2nd, 2020 at 11:48:09 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: FrGamble
Nobody needs anyone to ever tell them they are a sinner, everybody already knows that.

What poppycock. The indigenous people
around the world the Church inflicted
their warped religion on certainly didn't
know. The Hawaiians were perfectly
happy in their nakedness till the priests
told them what filthy sinners they were. It
was so bad with the native Calif Indians
the priests gave up explaining it to
the not understanding adults and started
teaching the kids. Worked like a charm.

Quote:
God has a plan for them

Tell the 3 kids who died in Africa
while you were writing that post
what gods 'plan' was for them.
Your god is a heartless evil SOB,
tell him for me I said so.

I'm still searching for the 'sacrifice'
Jesus made, haven't stumbled on
it yet. Consensus is the Church
doesn't understand the word
sacrifice at all.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 2nd, 2020 at 12:36:44 PM permalink
FrGamble
I don't think you need to be told that you are sharing a false historical narrative. I also don't think you need to be told that by creating straw men arguments and missing the hope Christ came to give all people makes you ridiculous, especially considering your alternative.

Even when you say such awful things about God His response is to love you. If loving you is not a sacrifice I don't know what is because I am trying very hard to do so right now.

Finally, don't be a coward and ask me to pass your message on to God. You speak to Him. He is always with you and no matter what you say He will understand you a lot better than I ever will. At least you will be speaking to the right person and you can leave me alone!
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
June 2nd, 2020 at 12:44:27 PM permalink
Evenbob
I don't think you need to be told that you are sharing a false historical narrative.

So you think the Hawaiians were
told their nudity was fine, carry on?
Really? Nobody understands sin
because it's a made up concept
to control people. It's the height
of hubris that there is a god and
we could offend him. Mans ego
knows no bounds.

Quote:
Finally, don't be a coward and ask me to pass your message on to God. You speak to Him.

I have better things to do
than talk to myself, that's
your hobby. I try and lead
a constructive based in
reality and not made up
fairy tales.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 3rd, 2020 at 5:58:40 PM permalink
Evenbob
You mentioned your God's love and how great it is in your last post. could you give some examples of this, because I don't see it anywhere. I certainly don't see it in the so-called sacrifice at the cross, there was obviously no sacrifice there. Jesus dying for 36 hours then rising and talking to his friends, having a good time, then going to heaven and being at the side of God forever, how is any of that a sacrifice. When you look around the world at
all the suffering that goes on there is zero evidence of any God's love.
June 4th, 2020 at 3:49:49 AM permalink
FrGamble
How can you say that? God continues to suffer with us wherever there is injustice, racism, and violence. Do you think that God is like a superhero and should come and fix all our problems with laser beam eyes? Come on Bob?!? Look to the cross and know that Christ suffers still with all His brothers and sisters.
June 4th, 2020 at 9:20:00 AM permalink
Evenbob
How can you say that? God continues to suffer with us wherever there is injustice, racism, and violence. Do you think that God is like a superhero and should come and fix all our problems with laser beam eyes? Come on Bob?!? Look to the cross and know that Christ suffers still with all His brothers and sisters.

Nice flowery sentiments without a
scintilla of proof to back up any
of it. You might as well have said
Zeus reigns on Mt Olympus. No
proof their either. You have no
proof of your gods so called love
other than your opinion and the
opinion of others who believe
your religion. If what we're seeing
is a gods love, what would it look
like in the world without it. Just
like it does already, obviously..
June 4th, 2020 at 1:52:24 PM permalink
FrGamble
It's not opinion, it is experiences. Jesus is as real to me as you are, much more so in fact. At least Jesus makes sense, is loving, and inspiring.
June 4th, 2020 at 3:38:49 PM permalink
Evenbob
It's not opinion, it is experiences. Jesus is as real to me as you are, much more so in fact. At least Jesus makes sense, is loving, and inspiring.

So you can't point to anything
where this so called gods 'love'
you're always talking about is
on display. Don't you find that
odd? It's the lynch pin of your
religion and it's nowhere to
be seen except as a concept.
June 4th, 2020 at 7:06:35 PM permalink
FrGamble
It's on display in me and other Christians whose life has been changed by the love and hope offered by Jesus.