Refugees in Germany -- Crisis or Much Needed Labor?

Page 3 of 7<123456>Last »
November 1st, 2015 at 5:57:45 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: boymimbo

And we know from the immigrant waves in the past that like people congregate together. Yes, they will try to change the laws to the laws they are used it to reflect their muslim beliefs. And if they pull it off, that's democracy in action as a result of the foreign policy of allowing the refugees in.

Sorry, but this statement is exactly the danger I am talking about. Do you really not mind someone coming from somewhere far away and telling you that you now need to live by their laws? Do you know what Sharia Law entails?

As to the 93% figure, I think that you are believing an idealized version you see on the mainstream news. Life in muslim society is very brutal.

The way I look at it, the US was a native-American country before the Brits came over. They annexed parts of the nation and colonized.
Africa is much the same... lots of colonialization.
This is the same.

Yeah, but that was democracy in action then, wasn't it?

Do you want to end up like the conquered just so you can say "well, 93% of Brits live in peace with the rest of the world, how can I judge them?" What you are saying is ironically the exact problem I am trying to explain. Too many people behaving as if they do not mind their culture being taken over.
The President is a fink.
November 1st, 2015 at 6:10:12 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
93% of Muslims live in peace alongside Christians and other religions, just like 99%+ of Christians live peacefully among other religions.

A Parisians famously defended, convicted army officer Alfred Dreyfus, in an article with one of the most famous one word newspaper headline J'accuse.
Parisians also conducted the Vel' d'Hiv Roundup of Jews in German-occupied Paris in 1942.

I think that most world events are led by a impassioned minority.
November 1st, 2015 at 6:35:58 PM permalink
boymimbo
Threads: 5
Correct. Just like Martin Luther King Jr.

Nonetheless societies usually advance for the common good. There are exceptions.

AZ, there about 3 million Muslims in America today. I doubt that all of them, most of them, or even many of them are plotting to take down America today. Certainly if you look at most of the murders today, you don't hear much at all about Muslims (please note that 83% of African Americans identify themselves as Christians, and 1% as Muslim, so that discounts your black-on-black argument you're about to give).

No, I don't want to live under Sharia Law, but our electoral system here in Canada and the province pretty much will make that impossible to happen. Unfortunately, in the USA, where you elect judges locally, I suppose it is possible, but the system you have of appeals would prevent that to happen as well.

And your state and federal electoral laws and the forced adherence to Democrat or Republican narrow policies will eliminate Sharia law from appearing at the state or national level anytime soon.

Relax. Eat a twinkie.
November 1st, 2015 at 8:10:50 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Correct. Just like Martin Luther King Jr.

Nonetheless societies usually advance for the common good. There are exceptions.

AZ, there about 3 million Muslims in America today. I doubt that all of them, most of them, or even many of them are plotting to take down America today. Certainly if you look at most of the murders today, you don't hear much at all about Muslims (please note that 83% of African Americans identify themselves as Christians, and 1% as Muslim, so that discounts your black-on-black argument you're about to give).

No, I don't want to live under Sharia Law, but our electoral system here in Canada and the province pretty much will make that impossible to happen. Unfortunately, in the USA, where you elect judges locally, I suppose it is possible, but the system you have of appeals would prevent that to happen as well.

And your state and federal electoral laws and the forced adherence to Democrat or Republican narrow policies will eliminate Sharia law from appearing at the state or national level anytime soon.

Relax. Eat a twinkie.

Democracy doesn't protect you. It was predicted even before the Syrian refuge influx that Moslems will be the majority in Europe by 2021. They then can conceivably elect a government to change any law they want. When the same eventually happens in North America anything can be changed by whoever has the votes regardless of any traditional laws or values. Our only hope will be to start our land claims.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
November 2nd, 2015 at 3:10:25 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

It is not that it is a "plot" as you put it. It is just that it will happen. Remember my old sig--"The Roman Empire was not planned, nor did it 'just happen?'" No muslim is saying, "lets take over the western world and here is how we will do it!" However, you can easily see the pattern to what is happening.

We already have muslim ghettos in many countries and cities that are extremely hostile to outsiders. We have places in the USA where people are asked not to display even the USA flag lest is "offend muslims." These creeping events will continue to happen. Meanwhile those of us who see what is happening are called "racist" or "islamaphobe" by those who do not. You have to realize they do not need a plan to take over or intend harm, it is happening before your eyes and will keep happening.

Quote:

Believe that all you like if it makes you comfortable. Muslims have a history of using Western systems and benevolence against host countries. Canada will not be special there. History shows that in 20 years countries and movements can change things in ways not imaginable.
The President is a fink.
November 2nd, 2015 at 3:51:30 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
I hold out some hope that America will be different, that finally there will be an exception* and a different type of Islam will gain favor in this country and the Muslims we have will assimilate and no reasonable person will have any objection to them being in the community. Working against this is allowing any more in before the others can assimilate.

Not much sign of it yet IMO. It's noted that the Somalians we took in behaved but produced 2nd generation jihadists trying to join ISIS. BTW having to take in refugees is one reason not to go off on these foreign adventures.

*I can't help but notice no one has given the example in the world where Muslims are living in peace with their neighbors
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
November 2nd, 2015 at 5:32:56 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Quote: AZDuffman
No muslim is saying, "lets take over the western world and here is how we will do it!"

The counterargument is that on September 11, 1683 the last major push to take over the Western World by the Muslims was crushed at the Battle of Vienna.

So every educated Muslim knew September 11, as the date when the Polish king announced
"... it is victory as nobody ever knew of, the enemy now completely ruined, everything lost for them. They must run for their sheer lives . . ."

Now, nobody thinks of the Battle of vienna when they think about that date.
November 2nd, 2015 at 5:37:29 AM permalink
boymimbo
Threads: 5
I think you are missing my point.

We have a province called Quebec. Back about 20 years ago, they had a powerful political party called the Bloc Quebecois where were separatists. They carried about 50% of the vote in the 1993 and 2004 elections, and managed to win 54 seats in our House of Commons (both times) which was enough to influence the national stage but not enough to create their own laws that would have any effect anywhere outside of their province. They may have gotten more French signs into the airport, but big whoop.

For Muslim law to take effect in a province, first there would need to be enough of a concentration of them to win a number of seats in a provincial election which would allow them to make provincial laws. Even if they would manage to win one riding, there would be enough opposition in the rest of the country to have an effect. The effect is more pronounced in federal politics where ridings are larger and the number of seats are larger. You would need to have 4-5 major cities to be completely Muslim to take over a nation. Canada has 10 Muslims in our house of commons.

These folks are horrifying!.

The same is true in the USA. A Muslim judge gets hired and declares Sharia law. The government appeals to a non-Muslim judge and the ruling is overturned. Federal politics requires a whole pile of money and there is a snowball's chance in hell that America will become a Muslim nation anytime soon.
November 2nd, 2015 at 7:00:11 AM permalink
Pacomartin

Keith Ellison has won 5 congressional elections for Minnesota's 5th district. Demographically the district is 73.5% White, 12.9% Black, 5.2% Asian, and 6.0% Hispanic and is the most Democratic leaning district in the state. But Keith Ellison converted from Roman Catholicism to Islam.

Mia Love represents Utah's 4th district which is only 1.67% Black. AFAIK, she is the only black congressperson who represents a district with a smaller percentage of black population than Keith Ellison.

There is a snowball's chance in hell that America will become a Muslim nation anytime soon. However, I personally believe that USA will eventually endorse autonomous regions where laws affecting personal behavior will be permitted to exist. I think you will see polygamy and first cousin marriages as test cases.
November 2nd, 2015 at 7:25:11 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14

We have a province called Quebec. Back about 20 years ago, they had a powerful political party called the Bloc Quebecois where were separatists. They carried about 50% of the vote in the 1993 and 2004 elections, and managed to win 54 seats in our House of Commons (both times) which was enough to influence the national stage but not enough to create their own laws that would have any effect anywhere outside of their province. They may have gotten more French signs into the airport, but big whoop.

I think you are forgetting or don't know how close the last separation referendum that the block held then was to giving them the power to take Quebec out of Canada. The separatists led the polls for most of the campaign but ending up losing the referendum by only 49% to 51%. Major change is on the way although no one can see how it will play out yet. What is known is that things are not going to stay the same.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
Page 3 of 7<123456>Last »