Simple question?

Thread Rating:

April 10th, 2016 at 6:54:46 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
But there is evidence supporting the existence of unicorns. A lot of it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unicorn

Not much support for the maidens-and-unicorns version, but plenty of other stories of one-horned beasts, even in the bible, from which those stories could be derived. Some of them even resembled horses.

One of the earliest ones that existed at the same time as man was some kind of a rhinoceros. Lived about 25,000 years ago. Apparently a huge, and fierce creature.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
April 11th, 2016 at 11:32:37 AM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: Dalex64
One of the earliest ones that existed at the same time as man was some kind of a rhinoceros. Lived about 25,000 years ago. Apparently a huge, and fierce creature.

There lived about 2016 years ago a man, Jesus of Nazareth who claimed to be God, who was killed, and was raised from the dead. His followers who witnessed these events spread the message of Him to the point where today the believers in Jesus Christ are found all over the world. There have been countless numbers of people throughout the ages whose lives have been changed by a relationship of prayer with Him and the study of the Bible.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
April 11th, 2016 at 11:36:22 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Quote: FrGamble
There lived about 2016 years ago a man, Jesus of Nazareth who claimed to be God, who was killed, and was raised from the dead. His followers who witnessed these events spread the message of Him to the point where today the believers in Jesus Christ are found all over the world. There have been countless numbers of people throughout the ages whose lives have been changed by a relationship of prayer with Him and the study of the Bible.

Unfortunately the physical evidence of that is nonexistent, and proving that a singular event or events like that happened is impossible.

There is a lot of evidence for unicorns. Fortunately, we aren't trying to prove that the one unicorn that claimed to be god was real.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
April 11th, 2016 at 11:46:34 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
There is a lot of evidence for unicorns. Fortunately, we aren't trying to prove that the one unicorn that claimed to be god was real.

Given the line of argument by the esteemed representative of the church, you need to have enough millions of people believe in unicorns. Then they'll be real.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
April 11th, 2016 at 11:51:39 AM permalink
FrGamble
Unfortunately the physical evidence of that is nonexistent, and proving that a singular event or events like that happened is impossible.

The historical evidence for the existence of Christ is very existent and proving historical events happened is not impossible.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
April 11th, 2016 at 11:53:09 AM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: Nareed
Given the line of argument by the esteemed representative of the church, you need to have enough millions of people believe in unicorns. Then they'll be real.

I'm just simply amazed. If unicorns did exist and they were anything like horses you would still be beating them.
April 11th, 2016 at 11:58:06 AM permalink
Nareed
The historical evidence for the existence of Christ is very existent and proving historical events happened is not impossible.

Do you really believe Gilgamesh did all he's credited with in the epic? We know a king Gilgamesh did in fact exist. So everything written about him must be true.
April 11th, 2016 at 11:58:55 AM permalink
Nareed
I'm just simply amazed. If unicorns did exist and they were anything like horses you would still be beating them.

I can truthfully claim I've never beaten a horse or a unicorn.
April 11th, 2016 at 12:11:10 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
The historical evidence for the existence of Christ is very existent.

Then why haven't you presented it?
This is getting awfully boring, you
claiming there is abundant evidence
and then never presenting it.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 11th, 2016 at 12:21:47 PM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: Nareed
I can truthfully claim I've never beaten a horse or a unicorn.

Just dead ones apparently. No, seriously we have covered many times that the number of people who believe something does not make it true, so please refrain in the future from attributing this to me. You can attribute to me the thought that the number of people who have experienced and witness to something is evidence that should be considered, but it does not make it true.