Casting Couch; male & female, Follow The Money.

December 18th, 2017 at 6:38:57 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Fighting Back:

"The PBS investigators refused to review any of my personal documentation, refused to provide me the names of any accusers, refused to speak to my current staff, and refused to provide me any semblance of due process to defend myself against allegations from unknown sources," Smiley added. "Their mind was made up."

But in a separate statement, PBS defended their investigation.

"Following receipt of a complaint, PBS hired an independent law firm to conduct an investigation and we stand by its integrity. The totality of the investigation, which included a three-hour interview of Mr. Smiley, revealed multiple sexual relationships with subordinates over many years, and other acts that together constitute a pattern of conduct inconsistent with the values and standards of PBS," a PBS spokesperson told ABC News in a statement.

Smiley contends his long history of cards, letters, gifts, etc. establishes a pattern of voluntary sexual relationships and his career-long habit of non interference with promotions or hiring decisions whereas PBS seems to focus on the mere existence of relationships with subordinates in the workplace.

And of course PBS will allege all the data is subject to attorney client privilege
December 19th, 2017 at 2:07:23 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I said this was going to happen the
day Franken resigned. He said 'in
weeks', which is code for he's not
really resigning. Now that kicking
him under the bus has backfired,
Moore was not elected, there is
no reason for Franken to go and
his fellow Senators want him to
stay.

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 19th, 2017 at 3:13:28 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
I said this was going to happen the
day Franken resigned. He said 'in
weeks', which is code for he's not
really resigning. Now that kicking
him under the bus has backfired,
Moore was not elected, there is
no reason for Franken to go and
his fellow Senators want him to
stay.

Democrats will not throw one of their own under the bus without something to gain. Of course they will back out of this.
The President is a fink.
December 19th, 2017 at 4:23:45 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Fine with me if they do. He's a good, responsible Senator, is not a predator, and should continue to serve, in accordance with the wishes of those who elected him. The Dems acted shamefully and cravenly in not affording him due process.

From the beginning he said he would participate fully in an ethics investigation and abide by its decision. Nobody except a recall effort from his constituents should interrupt that process. And in the long run, no matter the verdict, it will improve the situation for women. Right now it's insanely out of control. There has to be some distinction made between predators and other types of behavior and perception.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
December 19th, 2017 at 4:28:32 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: beachbumbabs
Fine with me if they do. He's a good, responsible Senator, is not a predator, and should continue to serve, in accordance with the wishes of those who elected him. The Dems acted shamefully and cravenly in not affording him due process.

Let me guess, you think he is OK because he is a liberal and Trump is not because you dislike Trump?

Do you get that this kind of attitude is why folks like myself just do not care about Trump's locker room talk?
The President is a fink.
December 19th, 2017 at 4:34:44 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: AZDuffman
Let me guess, you think he is OK because he is a liberal and Trump is not because you dislike Trump?

Do you get that this kind of attitude is why folks like myself just do not care about Trump's locker room talk?

No, I discussed knowing him in great detail earlier in this thread, twice. Read back; not gonna repeat.

I don't accept your premise that my "attitude" is at fault and thus somehow excuses Trump's disgusting, predatory, slimy, egregious, condescending, well-documented, self-confessed, adulterous, lifelong behavior.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
December 19th, 2017 at 4:39:33 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
adulterous

Do you think that is reason to disqualify someone from public service? If you do, we would need a few hundred special elections......
December 19th, 2017 at 4:44:49 PM permalink
AZDuffman

I don't accept your premise that my "attitude" is at fault and thus somehow excuses Trump's disgusting, predatory, slimy, egregious, condescending, well-documented, self-confessed, adulterous, lifelong behavior.

You can accept it or not, I do not care. But it is the case. We spent the 1990s being told that Clinton's behavior was "his personal life" and "character doesn't matter!" Now you yourself are OK with a liberal seen groping women but use the words above to describe Trump who has just been seen making locker room talk.

Really, look at what you are trying to convince yourself of. Liberal = "get a pass."
The President is a fink.
December 19th, 2017 at 4:45:34 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: SOOPOO
Do you think that is reason to disqualify someone from public service? If you do, we would need a few hundred special elections......

She seems to only think it is a DQ if the politician is a Republican.
The President is a fink.
December 19th, 2017 at 4:45:53 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman

That's laughable. POLITICS is the reason why you "do not care."

If a Dem candidate was caught on tape saying he can get away with grabbing women by the pussy because he's famous, you'd care.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman