Casting Couch; male & female, Follow The Money.

December 19th, 2017 at 4:48:51 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: ams288
That's laughable. POLITICS is the reason why you "do not care."

If a Dem candidate was caught on tape saying he can get away with grabbing women by the pussy because he's famous, you'd care.

We had one caught doing much worse in the 1990s. I am just giving the same attitude they gave then. She is still giving the same attitude today, so why on earth should *I* care?
The President is a fink.
December 19th, 2017 at 4:52:55 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman
We had one caught doing much worse in the 1990s. I am just giving the same attitude they gave then. She is still giving the same attitude today, so why on earth should *I* care?

Well, at least you didn't deny your politics are the reason you don't care. That's a start I guess...
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 19th, 2017 at 4:56:22 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: ams288
Well, at least you didn't deny your politics are the reason you don't care. That's a start I guess...

Called "manning up." Try it!
The President is a fink.
December 19th, 2017 at 5:09:28 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146

Kind of an oxymoron is this case, I'm afraid..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 19th, 2017 at 6:00:13 PM permalink
ams288

Toxic masculinity is a plague on this country.
December 19th, 2017 at 6:00:32 PM permalink
zippyboy
Threads: 2
Quote: Evenbob

shots fired
December 19th, 2017 at 6:01:50 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: zippyboy
shots fired

He claims to not read my posts, though. lol
December 19th, 2017 at 8:14:57 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239

Quote: Evenbob

Personal insult. Three-day suspensions for each case.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
December 19th, 2017 at 9:32:47 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
What I dont get about AZ's argument is that he always refers to the liberals that defended Bill Clinton. They were wrong.
Sexual harrassment has always been wrong. Its absurd that AZ believes a liberal cant criticize Trump because some libs defended Clinton. Plenty of people like me are disgusted by both Bill Clinton and Donald Trump and spoke up about Clinton back then and speaking up about Trump today. I didnt give Clinton a pass back then and I dont give Trump a pass now.
Thats logic.
Being against sexual harrasment regardless of politics.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 19th, 2017 at 11:04:49 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
You can accept it or not, I do not care. But it is the case. We spent the 1990s being told that Clinton's behavior was "his personal life" and "character doesn't matter!" Now you yourself are OK with a liberal seen groping women but use the words above to describe Trump who has just been seen making locker room talk.

Really, look at what you are trying to convince yourself of. Liberal = "get a pass."

1. I am in favor of due process. I believe if it is followed, Al will be either exonerated or censured, but not thrown out. He's human and can make mistakes, probably has, but he was forced into resigning rather than doing so pre-emptively.

2. You are mistaken in his guilt. He has not admitted to anything except taking a gag photo. He apologized several times for causing her discomfort and making her the butt of the joke.

The other accusations, he has not said he did any of them. He apologized to the women (paraphrasing) for causing them discomfort, inadvertent offense, or invading their space, because THEY PERCEIVED offense. He has repeatedly said he will go through the ethics process and let the situation unfold in a fair and open manner. As a man, I would think you would REALLY want that to become established procedure rather than, accusation = firing as it seems now.

3. Trump has 19 named victims to his harasssment,
dozens of witnesses, his own tabloid-splashed self-promoted decades of debauchery, and his own mouth. There is no dismissing his actions as "locker room talk".

I daresay he is the reason all this is happening. Women are so angry that scum like him is in the Oval that all these others are collateral damage. The dam broke. The NDAs are being ignored and invalidated. And guilty men are resigning ahead of the recriminations and revelations.

Then there are those who are less guilty, but are getting swept up in it. Al is not the only one.

Part of what due process should do is sort these things out. Travis Smiley is fighting his termination, but PBS reports they did do an investigation, including a 3 hour interview with him, and found good reason to fire him. I don't think they released the details, but he was able to face his accusers, the evidence against him, and argue his case. He just didn't win.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has