Casting Couch; male & female, Follow The Money.

December 20th, 2017 at 7:51:37 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: ams288
EB's little swipe at me was clearly intended to be an insult.
Do you remember about a month ago when you were suspended for insulting EB, and EB came to your rescue and told Wizard he was not offended, and so Wizard re instated you? I had thought maybe it might be reciprocal, but I guess not?

Even if the board curmudgeon tossed one at you, are you saying you were offended, really? Should everyone treat you with the kiddest of kid gloves because you are so easily offended?

I will admit I am gunshy now and don't want to respond not knowing how gentle one must treat other posters in this small group that has interchanged vernacular on a daily basis for years. Its only been the politics it seemed that brought out the grudge match feeling of the board.

I don't think AZ saying "man up" was an insult, or at least I certainly don't take it as one. Good on you for saying so, Wizard should respond in kind as was your suspension revoked for similar circumstances. Fully acknowledging, Mikes board, Mikes rules. Sometimes he seems a bit "ban happy".
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
December 20th, 2017 at 8:14:43 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: petroglyph
Do you remember about a month ago when you were suspended for insulting EB, and EB came to your rescue and told Wizard he was not offended, and so Wizard re instated you? I had thought maybe it might be reciprocal, but I guess not?

Even if the board curmudgeon tossed one at you, are you saying you were offended, really? Should everyone treat you with the kiddest of kid gloves because you are so easily offended?

Errr.... where did I say I was offended?

Hell, what has my signature said for months???
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 20th, 2017 at 11:22:08 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Two women who previously settled with O'Reilly in sexual assault case are suing him for defamation. I suppose that's what happens when you decide to go on TV and call all your accusers liars.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/2-women-who-settled-with-o’reilly-over-sexual-harassment-sue-for-defamation/ar-BBH52zB?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

Quote:
The women are Andrea Mackris, a former producer on Mr. O’Reilly’s show on Fox News who sued him for sexual harassment in 2004, and Rebecca Gomez Diamond, a former host on Fox Business Network who reached a settlement with Mr. O’Reilly in 2011 after coming forward with sexual harassment allegations against him. Both women had recorded conversations with Mr. O’Reilly, and he paid both settlements, according to people briefed on the matter.

Quote:
There now are six publicly known harassment settlements involving Mr. O’Reilly that total about $45 million.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/2-women-who-settled-with-o’reilly-over-sexual-harassment-sue-for-defamation/ar-BBH52zB?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

Falafel!
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 20th, 2017 at 11:44:35 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Ibeatyouraces
I knew something was up when Bob started posting over on WoV again...

LOL
EB always says gambling and WOV is boring
Until he gets suspended here
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 20th, 2017 at 12:09:56 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Errr.... where did I say I was offended?
Not that I know of, I just wondered what triggered the wizard? I knew you were bigger than that.

Players are gonna play.

Quote:
Hell, what has my signature said for months???
It says you authorize the IRS to remove taxes, from the person that correlates with that signature.

Did you know that your signature doesn't have to be your name?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
December 20th, 2017 at 12:26:04 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Breaking: Al Franken will resign, effective Jan. 2.

Hmmmm... weren't there a couple guys here saying he wasn't going anywhere?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 20th, 2017 at 2:00:03 PM permalink
rxwine
Breaking: Al Franken will resign, effective Jan. 2.

Hmmmm... weren't there a couple guys here saying he wasn't going anywhere?

Rightwing talking heads have been having a fantasy that because a few Democratic congresspeople expressed regret about Franken resigning, that they could soon chant, "leave Trump alone" when Franken was asked to stay.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 20th, 2017 at 6:06:37 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Once your effectiveness is ruined, you might as well bow out as gracefully as is possible.

Now it seems Amber Tamblyn is attacking women who are too slow to join the bandwagon.

Meryl Streep is getting posters emblazoned with 'she knew'. So far no evidence of her knowing.
December 21st, 2017 at 1:37:22 PM permalink
rxwine
Danny Masterson of (the 70s show) is racking up the serious charges. 5 women saying he raped them.

Quote:
A fifth woman has come forward and accused actor Danny Masterson of rape.
Actress Bobette Riales, who dated the That ’70s Show alum in the early 2000s, alleged on Twitter Wednesday that Masterson “repeatedly” sexually assaulted her.

“I stayed quiet long enough. Danny Masterson repeatedly raped me,” wrote Riales. “All I seek is justice and to prevent this from ever happening to anyone else as it has for some time. My truth will be heard.”
A rep for Masterson, 41, did not respond to PEOPLE’s request for comment. The star has previously denied all allegations brought against him.
Four women had previously accused Masterson of rape, beginning with Chrissie Bixler — who in a November interview with The Daily Beast said that she had reported the rape to the Church of Scientology, but they allegedly ignored her. (The Church of Scientology “adamantly” denied her allegation to CNN.)
December 22nd, 2017 at 8:38:23 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: rxwine
Danny Masterson of (the 70s show) is racking up the serious charges. 5 women saying he raped them.

Quote:
Actress Bobette Riales
her claim raises the question that really hovers around all these accusations. Is she saying he raped her on separate occasions? How does that happen?

There have to me some of these cases where the so-called victim led the way to the casting couch. If you don't want people to think that, then you can't claim multiple rapes ... not unless she is saying he imprisoned her to do it over a period of time.

I really have no dog in this fight - other than calling out the ridiculous when I see it [have not read the article yet]

PS, read something on this and it is complicated with Scientology coverup crap - what a cluster-F!
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]