Casting Couch; male & female, Follow The Money.

January 17th, 2018 at 10:03:19 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Imo, artistic work can be credited, even if the artist is reviled.

This doesn't mean anyone has to support a living ogre. A dead ogre, fine. It makes no difference unless you're supporting a vile foundation related to the work.

I had the opposite opinion on this matter once upon time, but decided ultimately dead artists can't be rewarded or punished and it was illogical.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 17th, 2018 at 10:10:43 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Also, there are some very fine people whose work should be tossed in the trash can as soon as they exhaled their last breath.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 17th, 2018 at 11:40:56 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Good points, Fleastiff. I think revisionist history is almost always a mistake. Movies and especially art are a product of their times.

There is a fascination with the female nude, incredible artistry in getting skin tones right, the play of muscles and proportion of limbs, and a healthy interest in the sexual aspect. I took several life drawing classes. I was good at eyes and hands, awful at the rest. it's hard, and I have a great respect for those who can.

I was a nude model at 15 for a family friend. He begged my parents until they agreed. I was pretty shy about it but did it, and it turned out incredibly well. I don't know who he sold it to, but he made good money. I'm probably hanging in some prairie bar in Iowa. Lol.

But that was 1974. A very different time. I hope we would do it again, but perhaps not.

I also had a somewhat famous artist do a caricature portrait of me about 10 years ago. For the most part, I was not to look at him, but at one point I did. I was in my 40s, him in his 70s, but his eyes while he was drawing me gave me an electric shock of the most intimate kind. The good ones are generally that way: it's a sexual outlet, and very compelling.

It's a really good sketch. I'll post it when I get home.

In short,
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
January 18th, 2018 at 2:52:27 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Fleastiff

Men have been accused of targeting young women but it seems now that women are targeting men's reputations and above all, men's wallets.

We have a winner!

About attention and money. Not always in that order.
The President is a fink.
January 18th, 2018 at 9:09:09 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: beachbumbabs
Good points, Fleastiff. I think revisionist history is almost always a mistake. Movies and especially art are a product of their times.

What I'm often struck by is the intensity of the emotion and often the flimsiness of the evidence.

No one ever said Gaugin mistreated his child brides indeed in Tahiti he was considered quite a catch.

Rolf Harris was the victim of lynch mob and demented police campaigns yet his records are being smashed, his drawings being burned and his murals being jackhammered to dust. One Oxford Don donated old CDs to youth charities but made a point of publicly smashing Rolf Harris CDs. Its a charity sale for a youth group but swinging a sledge hammer took priority.

Yet world wide we have intense campaigns based on rumor innuendo and guilt by association. And excessive destruction of art, music and revisions of history.
January 26th, 2018 at 9:59:30 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Steven Wynn, you're up!

Dozens of People Recount Pattern of Sexual Misconduct by Las Vegas Mogul Steve Wynn

This seems like a pretty damning article. It's from the WSJ and they interviewed 150 people for it.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 26th, 2018 at 2:24:25 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Strange. The wife would have probably known and if it is true would have already used it as ammunition for the divorce/settlement/Structuring battles.

Wonder if its true or not. In this day and age it seems to only require women who are greedy or vindictive. Or it can be ONE woman who is vindictive and rich or who has female friends.
January 26th, 2018 at 2:38:10 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I don't care how rich you are, NO ONE pays $7.5 million to make a "false allegation" go away.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 26th, 2018 at 2:57:43 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Four years of legal fees and a heck of a lot of bad publicity followed by copycat lawsuits is going to cost more than the payoff money which probably comes from an insurance company anyway,
January 30th, 2018 at 1:13:00 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135