8 votes (36.36%)
2 votes (9.09%)
3 votes (13.63%)

22 members have voted

May 21st, 2020 at 11:34:43 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Mission146
Why not? You're Joe Biden. You're not the world's best speaker. Trump is an idiot. Do nothing and let Trump make his own position against you worse.

It worked for Hillary in 2016.
The President is a fink.
May 21st, 2020 at 11:35:51 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: AZDuffman
McCain was the Steve Lombardi of politics in that race. I contend he really did not want to win. He sure acted like he did not want to. Palin was the only energy his campaign had. He died a very bitter man.

The whole thing was FUBAR and that's why McCain got absolutely trounced. I don't know what you mean by, "Acted like he didn't want to," unless you are referring to the fact that he had all the charisma of an unripe banana. I'll grant that Palin brought some youth and energy, but she was pretty widely perceived as being a total idiot. She was lucky that Biden took it easy on her in the VP debates, because he could have seriously humiliated her if he had wanted to.

I totally get the strategy of having a female running mate, and I also understand there weren't that many big name females in the GOP...but here you've got a little known Governor of a small state that is of no Electoral College benefit to you (because you could run with Paul Reubens as your VP and you're still going to win Alaska) and people in the rest of the country perceive your running mate as an idiot.

Quote:
I will almost always prefer a governor to a Senator for POTUS. It is not the federal level that matters but the administrative and executive experience.

I guess it depends on who the Governor is and who the Senator is, for me. I don't really have any preconceived preferences of any kind, in this regard. Did you prefer B. Clinton to Dole?

Quote:
That it may be, but it is also a "check the box" thing on the Democrat side. Just look at their reaction to when a male replaces a woman for example. Almost as if they think that once a woman has the job it must always be a woman in that slot.

I don't disagree, so that's why I kind of yes and kind of no agree with your point because it does both. After we knew Biden would win, was there any doubt whatsoever that his running mate was going to be a woman? But, again, you don't want to disenfranchise any of your female voting base who might otherwise (though not in most cases) consider Trump or, at least, some third-party candidate.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
May 21st, 2020 at 11:38:07 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: AZDuffman
It worked for Hillary in 2016.

I guess, in her defense, she won the popular vote. Really, if Trump wasn't ridiculously divisive, I think he very well could have won the popular vote. All he had to do was be better than the second least favored candidate in history, or even be the second least favored, because that would make HRC the least favored.

That and Clinton did not do nothing. That was kind of her problem. In my view, she hurt her chances almost every time she opened her mouth.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
May 21st, 2020 at 11:43:04 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
double
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 21st, 2020 at 11:43:43 AM permalink
AZDuffman
I guess, in her defense, she won the popular vote. Really, if Trump wasn't ridiculously divisive, I think he very well could have won the popular vote. All he had to do was be better than the second least favored candidate in history, or even be the second least favored, because that would make HRC the least favored.

That and Clinton did not do nothing. That was kind of her problem. In my view, she hurt her chances almost every time she opened her mouth.

She both played prevent defense the whole way and was afraid to say anything that was not focus group tested to death. She had no core beliefs. She believed what she thought people wanted her to believe. She was like GM in the 1980s, keep it bland so as not to turn off anyone. Trump was free-wheeling, like a start-up company. Just have a few ideas and run with them. He was the 1993 Dodge Ram. Might turn a few people off but the ones that liked it loved it.
The President is a fink.
May 21st, 2020 at 11:47:18 AM permalink
Evenbob
I guess, in her defense, she won the popular vote.

And that of course, in the US,
means less than nothing. No
candidate ever ever EVER
campaigns to win the popular
vote. I thought a smart guy
like you say you are would
know that. Take a civics 101
class sometime..

Quote:

And Dementia Joe helps himself
when he speaks? He's in hiding
because he can't put a sentence
together on his own.

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 21st, 2020 at 11:48:01 AM permalink
AZDuffman
The whole thing was FUBAR and that's why McCain got absolutely trounced. I don't know what you mean by, "Acted like he didn't want to," unless you are referring to the fact that he had all the charisma of an unripe banana. I'll grant that Palin brought some youth and energy, but she was pretty widely perceived as being a total idiot. She was lucky that Biden took it easy on her in the VP debates, because he could have seriously humiliated her if he had wanted to.

What do I mean? One perfect example. Obama said "I believe women should be paid the same as men, he doesn't." And McCain stood there like a statue. Never defended himself. Steve Lombardi. Palin was only perceived as "an idiot" after the attacks took their toll and people thought she said what Tina Fey said. Meanwhile all the women's groups who defend the slightest attack on a woman were silent. Meanwhile McCain did nothing to defend her.

Quote:
I guess it depends on who the Governor is and who the Senator is, for me. I don't really have any preconceived preferences of any kind, in this regard. Did you prefer B. Clinton to Dole?

I did not like either of them. Which is why I am done voting when I do not like either side. The GOP cannot put up the one "who's turn it is" and expect my vote anymore.
The President is a fink.
May 21st, 2020 at 11:52:18 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
The Daily Show has made another one of these videos highlighting the hypocrisy of the righties’ complaints against Biden:

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 21st, 2020 at 12:50:49 PM permalink
Evenbob
This is Biden in the 70's. He's
homely and downright
weird and ugly. You can see
why he used his position
of power to touch women
and fondle little girls. No
female would stand for it
from a regular guy who
looked like this.

May 21st, 2020 at 1:09:05 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
This is Biden in the 70's. He's
homely and downright
weird and ugly.

Errr... aside from the hairline, I’d say he was pretty attractive.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman