No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

April 3rd, 2021 at 7:32:44 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: terapined
You describe black and white situations when often the reality is shades of gray and reasonable people can make reasonable decisions
Everything does not have to be legislated.

I basically agree with you but I don't feel there are many 'reasonable people' in positions of power. Most of them give in to pressure from the more radical sides of their parties.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
April 4th, 2021 at 4:00:45 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Tripdufan

What I'm more worried about is the long term effects of letting a very small amount of people control all the money on the planet. I'm more worried about that planet melting away while a group of people want to deny it's happening, all in the name of, you guessed it, more money.

The planet is "melting?"
The President is a fink.
April 4th, 2021 at 5:13:13 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
McSorleys, the second oldest bar in NYC, was forced to admit female customers in 1970. The restroom, remained unisex for the next sixteen years. Women regularly walked past the men standing at the urinals.

Lincoln is said to have visited the place in 1860, after delivering his famous Cooper Union speech, up the block.

The place is like a museum. The original owner was a memorabilia enthusiast, and everything he collected is still there.
April 4th, 2021 at 5:25:24 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: AZDuffman
It is not really a matter of being "sexual." It is a matter of the sexes having different needs. I do not want to enter a bathroom with feminine products and I know of no woman who wants to enter a bathroom of men using urinals. It is just not the place to be genderless.

You'll excuse me if I don't faint at the sight of a tampon dispenser.

If you had gender-neutral bathrooms, I'd think that the urinals (if there were any---I hope so!!!) would basically be separated in one big stall with walls and a single entry opening. I'd think you wouldn't walk into the bathroom (as we do) and the first thing past the sinks is a bunch of guys holding their Johnsons.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
April 4th, 2021 at 5:27:48 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: kenarman
So you are totally happy with your 8 year old daughter coming into a washroom where the dirty old man at the urinal forgets that shaking it more than three times qualifies as playing with it?

I'd think that the urinals would be separated off by one means or another. Also, I maintain that family-use restrooms would remain a good idea. Many large places already have them.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
April 4th, 2021 at 5:35:36 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: ams288
Got my first Pfizer shot today.

....... and my manhood has doubled in size.

Two more things you can thank President Trump for.
April 4th, 2021 at 5:40:31 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Mission146
I'd think that the urinals would be separated off by one means or another. Also, I maintain that family-use restrooms would remain a good idea. Many large places already have them.

I worked at a place had regular restrooms and one gender-neutral one. They had to lock it because people kept trashing it per my boss.

I really do not see the fascination with wanting everyone in the same bathroom.
The President is a fink.
April 4th, 2021 at 5:52:17 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: Tripdufan
I'm not worried about this at all, no. I never was. In fact, what bathrooom does the father take his young daughter when he's out shopping for a christmas present for his wife?

(Quote clipped, relevance)

Usually the men's room, of course. The only time I have taken either kid to the ladies room is when they were babies because the mens room sometimes doesn't have the diaper changer thing. Of course, I get an employee to verify nobody is in there and watch the door, either that or another customer.

That's really more on the place that would have a diaper changer station in the ladies room, but not in the mens, of course.
April 4th, 2021 at 5:54:03 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: Tanko
Two more things you can thank President Trump for.

I think Trump only sometimes causes the manhood of his more fervent supporters to double in size.
April 4th, 2021 at 5:56:32 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: AZDuffman
I worked at a place had regular restrooms and one gender-neutral one. They had to lock it because people kept trashing it per my boss.

I really do not see the fascination with wanting everyone in the same bathroom.

Keep separate ones, then, if you like. It makes no difference to me. I don't see the fascination with caring which one a person uses.