No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

April 5th, 2021 at 9:05:15 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: kenarman
If your ancestors had that attitude the US would still be part of England.

Even back then, I’m sure we had people smart enough to figure out taxation without representation was worth fighting against and something like a vaccine would have been a net benefit.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 5th, 2021 at 11:53:27 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: Gandler
I am pretty sure the founders had a huge respect for private property and the ability for property owners to make their rules.

I didn't realize that they were throwing their own tea in the harbour. The largest property owner (as in real estate) at that time would have been the British crown.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
April 8th, 2021 at 2:34:50 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
I received my first shot of the vaccine (Pfizer) today from the County.

Great experience. 1645 appointment, walked through the door at 1639, was called right back and out of there by 1643.

I received the vaccine close to an hour ago, zero negative effects. I plan on waking up with a sore arm, but that is to be expected based on what I have heard.

The longest wait was trying to find a parking spot in the strangely designed county department parking lot and walking to the door.

The fact that vaccines are now open to all adults (I think 16 and up technically for some of the brands), and the fact that wait times have been eliminated there is no excuse to not get a vaccine. There is zero cost and zero inconvenience (way faster than voting in person to make a comparison to doing things in county buildings, many times over).

There are many other options if you want a private provider such as CVS, Walgreens, and Publix, and an endless list of pharmacies and stores that contain pharmacies, and private medical clinics. But, I think the County is the best provider (and I don't have to deal with the insurance paperwork as it is free).

It seems that Pfizer is the most effective (after both doses) which is why I chose this brand, but any brand is better than none (and with the massive expansion you can pick your brand preference). I look forward to my second dose and helping to restore the Country into a state of normality! It will be nice to go out again!
April 8th, 2021 at 7:28:44 PM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
One question: Did you have to provide an ID to get your vaccine?
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
April 8th, 2021 at 7:49:35 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: JCW09
One question: Did you have to provide an ID to get your vaccine?

No. Did not even have to write down my name or fill out any forms physically. The only thing I had to do was type my name and birthday online on the County Health Department Website.

You do not even have to talk to many people, you enter and the people at the table ask if you have an appointment from the internet, you say yes, and then they say sit down and wait for your name to be called. I think through the whole process I maybe uttered 10 words and filled out zero papers, and zero checks of any ID or papers. Very efficient.

I made an appointment online where you choose what vaccine you want and at what clinic you want it and then choose a time (1645 was the latest available at the clinic I chose). And I think it asked your name and date of birth, and you "signed" (online) a form to verify that your information was accurate (you have to be over 16 to receive this vaccine as well as a resident of the State or employed or doing business within the State). No ID at all. I think it was easier to register for a vaccine than it is to sign up for this forum, the online part is less than 10 seconds easy...

It is certainly easier to get this vaccine than it is to vote (if that is what you are getting at), probably many times more so now with the new stifling laws GA put into effect. The point is it is free, easy, quick, and a pleasant experience, everyone should get one ASAP. You can even choose your preferred brand, so you can't make the excuse of being assigned a vaccine that you "feel is unsafe".

My personal feeling is Pfizer seems to be the most effective based on everything that I have read, Johnson and Johnson is convenient by the fact that it is one dose, so it is not an ordeal stretched over several weeks, but it appears to be much less effective (with Pfizer being a slight favorite in the two dose varieties, being almost a full 1% more effective than Moderna) [1]. Of course I would be happy for anyone to get a brand of choosing versus none.

(Also its now almost exactly six hours since my inoculation, and I feel zero negative effects, not even soreness, I only mention that because some people say six hours is when the negative effect start to be noticeable).

[1] https://www.statnews.com/2021/02/02/comparing-the-covid-19-vaccines-developed-by-pfizer-moderna-and-johnson-johnson/
April 8th, 2021 at 8:03:03 PM permalink
JCW09
I had to show ID in CA
CA is pretty racist and obviously suppressing the black & brown vaccine distribution.
That internet sign up seems pretty slick.
But then again, Biden told me that black & brown people don't really know how to use the internet.
So unfortunately, that means your state has a pretty racist system for vaccine distribution as well, sigh.
We all just have to roll up our sleeves & keep on fighting this systemic racism as it seems to be everywhere.
April 8th, 2021 at 8:25:20 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

But then again, Biden told me that black & brown people don't really know how to use the internet.

Fascinating
You had a conversation with President Biden?
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 8th, 2021 at 8:52:22 PM permalink
JCW09
I was taking Biden at his word when he said this during his CNN Town Hall.
"...Not everyone in the community...in the hispanic and african american community, know how to get online..."
It seemed reasonable when he said it, Joe is just "keeping it real".
Are you saying you don't agree with The President?
April 8th, 2021 at 9:54:16 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
"...Not everyone in the community...in the hispanic and african american community, know how to get online..."

A lot of old people dont know how to get online
All kinds of people including Blacks and Hispanics
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 9th, 2021 at 2:20:03 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

I just wonder how fast they would call Trump "racist" for suggesting minorities cannot get an ID or do not know how to get online.

CA does have a history of racist policies so maybe it all fits?
The President is a fink.