No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

April 9th, 2021 at 3:56:04 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman
I just wonder how fast they would call Trump "racist" for suggesting minorities cannot get an ID or do not know how to get online.

CA does have a history of racist policies so maybe it all fits?

I don't know anything about CA voting or vaccine policies. I know where I live you can register online or through the phone so that you can avoid interaction when at the clinic for safety reason. However, most clinics accept walk-ins at all times (you do not need an ID even as a walk-in) so if you have no internet or phone access you can just walk in, state your name, and tell them you birthday, and sign a form. Even walking in appears to be very fast and only takes maybe a minute or so longer than signing up online.

On a side note I woke up and feel great. Very slight pain in the army where the needle was. If there is pressure against the injection site there is some pain, but its virtually not noticeable. I have had vaccines that were far worse. So far I would say virtually no negative side effects, the pain is so minor unless I go out of my way to slap the injection site its hardly noticeable.
April 9th, 2021 at 5:20:15 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: Gandler
I made an appointment online where you choose what vaccine you want and at what clinic you want it and then choose a time (1645 was the latest available at the clinic I chose). And I think it asked your name and date of birth, and you "signed" (online) a form to verify that your information was accurate (you have to be over 16 to receive this vaccine as well as a resident of the State or employed or doing business within the State). No ID at all.

I applied online in NY. At the vaccination center, I was required to provide my ID at three check points, before getting the shot.

While you were online, applying for your vaccine appointment, millions in the EU, still face severe travel restrictions and business closures.

France and Italy have nearly identical restrictions:

“During the month of April, restrictions apply to the whole of France...people are not allowed to travel further than 10 kilometers from their home unless they have an essential reason. Checks at train stations, airports and toll-paying motorways began at the end of March, to enforce the regional travel restrictions. All of France is at a standstill: cultural institutions, landmarks, bars, cafes and restaurants are closed. ..All retail is closed other than shops selling essentials. In general, freedom of movement in France is considerably restricted as inter-regional travel is prohibited. Across the country, a nighttime curfew is in effect from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. People are then only allowed to leave the house with a valid reason — simple walks, shopping or sports are not included.”

Billions of people wish their leaders had the foresight that Trump did, when he ordered one billion vaccines from six different companies, before the vaccines were ever developed or approved.

NYC, once the epicenter for covid infections and deaths in the US, is on track to reopen in June.

If anyone is dumb enough to believe for a minute, that total moron Biden would have done the same as Trump, just look at how he is handling the catastrophe he created on the border.
April 9th, 2021 at 6:26:35 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: JCW09
One question: Did you have to provide an ID to get your vaccine?

I got my vaccine at CVS.

When signing up, the website told me to bring my ID and insurance card to the appointment. But no one actually checked them when I got there. 🤷‍♂️
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 9th, 2021 at 9:39:30 AM permalink
Gandler
Quote: Tanko
I applied online in NY. At the vaccination center, I was required to provide my ID at three check points, before getting the shot.

While you were online, applying for your vaccine appointment, millions in the EU, still face severe travel restrictions and business closures.

France and Italy have nearly identical restrictions:

“During the month of April, restrictions apply to the whole of France...people are not allowed to travel further than 10 kilometers from their home unless they have an essential reason. Checks at train stations, airports and toll-paying motorways began at the end of March, to enforce the regional travel restrictions. All of France is at a standstill: cultural institutions, landmarks, bars, cafes and restaurants are closed. ..All retail is closed other than shops selling essentials. In general, freedom of movement in France is considerably restricted as inter-regional travel is prohibited. Across the country, a nighttime curfew is in effect from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. People are then only allowed to leave the house with a valid reason — simple walks, shopping or sports are not included.”

Billions of people wish their leaders had the foresight that Trump did, when he ordered one billion vaccines from six different companies, before the vaccines were ever developed or approved.

NYC, once the epicenter for covid infections and deaths in the US, is on track to reopen in June.

If anyone is dumb enough to believe for a minute, that total moron Biden would have done the same as Trump, just look at how he is handling the catastrophe he created on the border.

Sounds like countries are enacting policies that work for them. Italy has been hit hard so it makes sense for there to be strict measures. If France and Italy need a lock down, then that is their right.

The vaccine rollout vastly improved under President Biden. All Americans over 16 are now eligible in many States, and within two weeks all states.
I feel much safer under his leadership in these times.

That being said, my post was more to encourage people to get the vaccine than to be political (by sharing my experience of the very positive and efficient process). Since there are many anti-vax people on here that are spreading poor information about the dangers of the vaccine and side effects (and to a less important measure the lines to get the shot).
April 9th, 2021 at 10:38:36 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

The vaccine rollout vastly improved under President Biden. All Americans over 16 are now eligible in many States, and within two weeks all states.

His leadership? All he has done is said to hide at home and if you are good maybe he will let you have a normal 4th of July!
The President is a fink.
April 9th, 2021 at 10:50:43 AM permalink
Gandler
Quote: AZDuffman
His leadership? All he has done is said to hide at home and if you are good maybe he will let you have a normal 4th of July!

1. That is not true. He has passed the largest bill in history. We have now spent more on COVID relief than we did on WWII (scaling to modern dollars). And, there is probably more to come. Not to mention the upcoming infrastructure plan which is even larger.

2. Encouraging people to stay home until they get their vaccine is wise. There is no mandate. If you want to be a fool and go out you can. But, responsible leaders should encourage people to stay home, and wear a mask when they do go out. This is only shocking because we are still recovering from one of the most irresponsible humans in history coming out of the Presidency.

Anyway, I don't want to get too much into the weeds with politicts here, everyone should get their vaccine ASAP. People who refuse will have no right to complain in 4 months when airlines start checking your vaccine cards at boarding.
April 9th, 2021 at 11:04:57 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0

Sounds like countries are enacting policies that work for them. Italy has been hit hard so it makes sense for there to be strict measures. If France and Italy need a lock down, then that is their right.

Of course it makes sense. When you don't order vaccines, as Trump did for the American people, you're not going to have nearly enough doses for your population.

'In these times', Murders are already up 18% over last year. The Producer Price Index up a much higher 4.2% in March. Jobless claims were up much worse than expected for the week. And you feel much safer under his leadership.

Biden did nothing substantial to speed up the vaccine rollout, but the’s taking credit for it. He drove J&J to speed production when it fell behind on its vaccine contract awarded by Trump, but it wasn’t necessary.

He was in office less than one month when Moderna and Pfizer both announced they could each deliver a combined 400 million more doses by the end of May, due to improved production capability. That meant the US could vaccinate all 257 million adults by the end of May. Two months earlier than scheduled.

Biden is pretending to be the one responsible for that achievement.

"Mr. Biden benefited hugely from the waves of vaccine production that the Trump administration had set in motion. As both Pfizer and Moderna found their manufacturing footing, they were able to double and triple the outputs from their factories." -NYT

You might feel safe under his leadership now, but if he was President a year ago, you would still be locked down and waiting for a vaccine. Or worse.
April 9th, 2021 at 11:05:28 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
1. That is not true. He has passed the largest bill in history. We have now spent more on COVID relief than we did on WWII (scaling to modern dollars). And, there is probably more to come. Not to mention the upcoming infrastructure plan which is even larger.

2. Encouraging people to stay home until they get their vaccine is wise. There is no mandate. If you want to be a fool and go out you can. But, responsible leaders should encourage people to stay home, and wear a mask when they do go out. This is only shocking because we are still recovering from one of the most irresponsible humans in history coming out of the Presidency.

Anyway, I don't want to get too much into the weeds with politicts here, everyone should get their vaccine ASAP. People who refuse will have no right to complain in 4 months when airlines start checking your vaccine cards at boarding.

He spent like a drunken sailor instead of just encouraging states to open up. Your kids and grandkids will enjoy paying the bill. Unemployment when Trump left office was not bad at all. Lower than most of Obama's first term. Only have to "recover" because of irresponsible lockdowns.

Encouraging people to hide at home is not "wise" it is kind of cowardly. Should be encouraging people to get on with life.
The President is a fink.
April 9th, 2021 at 11:23:38 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Tanko

Biden is pretending to be the one responsible for that achievement.

Doesn't have to pretend
I give him and Fauci full credit for the Vaccine
Should guarantee a 2024 win
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 9th, 2021 at 11:57:18 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Aw shucks.

Quote:
Trump officials celebrated efforts to change CDC reports on coronavirus, email shows.

Political appointees also tried to blunt scientific findings they deemed unfavorable to Trump, according to new documents from House probe

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/04/09/cdc-covid-political-interference/
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?