No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

August 29th, 2021 at 4:09:16 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
Most coffins aren't easily stackable like in the old days with flat lids.

Coffins almost always have flat lids. Coffins have 8 flat sides. I have never even seen someone laid out in a coffin in my lifetime.
The President is a fink.
August 29th, 2021 at 6:36:57 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman
Coffins almost always have flat lids. Coffins have 8 flat sides. I have never even seen someone laid out in a coffin in my lifetime.

When I was a teen, I jumped at the first chance to go up and look at someone in an open coffin. (Some friend of my parents)

But since then, never had any interest to see anyone all dressed up and nowhere to go.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 29th, 2021 at 6:38:57 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
When I was a teen, I jumped at the first chance to go up and look at someone in an open coffin. (Some friend of my parents)

But since then, never had any interest to see anyone all dressed up and nowhere to go.

I can't even remember the first funeral I've been to. I'd feel bad about that, except they don't remember my being there, either.

***Actually, I do remember! I was at the park when I was seven or eight, but for some reason the bathroom door was locked. I went into the funeral parlor across the street to see if they had a bathroom, because I saw cars there all the time so figured it was some kind of business, but didn't know what it was. Anyway, I went into the place to inquire about a bathroom and noticed everyone was in the main room. They hurriedly shooed me out, of course, but I did see the body.  They wouldn't even take me to the bathroom, just rushed me out the door. I think I ended up going to a trail (of sorts) near the park and taking a leak there.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
August 29th, 2021 at 6:45:29 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Mission146
I can't even remember the first funeral I've been to. I'd feel bad about that, except they don't remember my being there, either.

The last one I went to was an in-law. I have no interest in remembering the image of them when they're dead when I can remember them when they were alive.

If the person was really awful, I might go look and see if there was a stake through their chest.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 29th, 2021 at 7:00:37 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

But it was probably not a coffin. It was probably a casket. Caskets have six sides, coffins have 8.
The President is a fink.
August 29th, 2021 at 7:02:09 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
The last one I went to was an in-law. I have no interest in remembering the image of them when they're dead when I can remember them when they were alive.

If the person was really awful, I might go look and see if there was a stake through their chest.

Urinating on their grave is more satisfying and you don't have to pretend to be sorry they died, if they were really awful.

(This is a joke, to be clear.)

(The above disclaimer may or may not be an actual disclaimer.)
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
August 29th, 2021 at 8:22:41 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/caleb-wallace-anti-mask-freedom-rally-organizer-dies-at-30-with-covid/ar-AANQY7H?ocid=msedgntp

"He was so hard-headed," Jessica Wallace told the Standard-Times. "He didn't want to see a doctor, because he didn't want to be part of the statistics with COVID tests."

WTF
Avoiding a DR for the most absurd reasons
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 29th, 2021 at 8:30:27 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 29th, 2021 at 9:56:09 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: terapined

That is a guaranteed preventive. Drink a quart and guaranteed to you won't die of Covid.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
August 30th, 2021 at 8:51:32 AM permalink
rxwine
Children may be affected the least by COVID, but Chief of New Orleans Children's Hospital says July was busiest month in its 66 years. They had a new wing under construction destroyed by the hurricane yesterday.