1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

August 30th, 2021 at 9:05:46 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Another conservative media host dies. Called himself "Mr Anti-Vax"

Quote:
WNDB released a statement announcing that Marc Bernier, one of their longest-running figures on Daytona talk radio, has died. The news of Bernier’s passing comes weeks after local media reported he was hospitalized for Covid in early August.

“It’s with great sadness that WNDB and Southern Stone Communications announce the passing of Marc Bernier, who informed and entertained listeners on WNDB for over 30 years,” the station said. “We kindly ask that privacy is given to Marc’s family during this time of grief.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 30th, 2021 at 9:13:18 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: rxwine
Another conservative media host dies. Called himself "Mr Anti-Vax"

At least he put his money where his mouth is.

I suspect some of the loudest anti-vax voices are secretly vaxxed. Tucker Carlson comes to mind (he’s definitely vaxxed, as are all Fox hosts).
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 30th, 2021 at 9:54:16 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: ams288
At least he put his money where his mouth is.

I suspect some of the loudest anti-vax voices are secretly vaxxed. Tucker Carlson comes to mind (he’s definitely vaxxed, as are all Fox hosts).

I didn't know they were "secretly vaxxed"--I have heard many...not all, because I don't watch them all--call on people to get vaccinated. I do hear some saying they should have the right to decide but not a lot of complete opposition to the vaccinations. Maybe I miss it; I check MSNBC, CNN, and Fox during the day but prefer not to hear from the more pundit-type folks at night. I do remember hearing Tucker saying to get vaccinated at least once.
August 30th, 2021 at 10:00:30 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: RonC
I didn't know they were "secretly vaxxed"--I have heard many...not all, because I don't watch them all--call on people to get vaccinated. I do hear some saying they should have the right to decide but not a lot of complete opposition to the vaccinations. Maybe I miss it; I check MSNBC, CNN, and Fox during the day but prefer not to hear from the more pundit-type folks at night. I do remember hearing Tucker saying to get vaccinated at least once.

I googled “Tucker anti vax” and this was just one of MANY recent articles that come up.

https://www.businessinsider.com/tucker-carlson-continues-to-question-vaccine-break-with-other-hosts-2021-7
August 30th, 2021 at 11:00:20 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Conservative judge decides to play DR
WTF
WTF
WTF
https://www.wcpo.com/news/coronavirus/covid-vaccine/butler-co-judge-orders-doctors-to-treat-covid-19-patient-with-ivermectin?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 30th, 2021 at 11:45:14 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: terapined

I'm okay with this one. I believe a patient even deserves euthanasia if that's what is desired. The judge is just enforcing the wishes of his power of attorney and the doctor is willing to give it to him.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 30th, 2021 at 11:51:00 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: rxwine
I'm okay with this one. I believe a patient even deserves euthanasia if that's what is desired. The judge is just enforcing the wishes of his power of attorney and the doctor is willing to give it to him.

Yeah, reading the article, I’m okay with it too.

It’s what he and his wife want. If he wants the medical care of a horse, treat him like a horse.
August 30th, 2021 at 11:55:41 AM permalink
rxwine
Just waiting for someone to say why don't you like people choosing to stay unvaccinated. Because this guy is only hurting himself.
August 30th, 2021 at 5:48:58 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Hmmmmm

Let's go Brandon
August 30th, 2021 at 5:56:51 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: fleaswatter
Hmmmmm

I’ve got no problem with doctors in African countries with very low access to vaccines treating Covid in whichever way seems to work best.

But here in America - anyone can easily get a free, highly effective vaccine. Only true morons would choose the horse paste over that.