No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

August 28th, 2021 at 8:44:33 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Mission146
DRich to the Universe: "You call THAT a pandemic!? Give us a real pandemic, you p****!!!"

Disclaimer: This is not an actual thing that DRich said. (That I know of)

I have said all along I don't consider it very serious until 10% of the population dies from it.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
August 28th, 2021 at 9:53:37 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Caleb update.

Quote:
"Caleb won’t make it much longer. He will be moved to comfort care tomorrow and I will get to be there with him until it’s his time to return to our father in heaven," said Wallace. "I appreciate everyone all the good and the bad. You all have the right to feel the way you feel as Caleb once fought for his beliefs. He was an imperfect man but he loved his family and his little girls more than anything."

"To those who wished him death, I’m sorry his views and opinions hurt you. I prayed he’d come out of this with a new perspective and more appreciation for life. I can’t say much more than that because I can’t speak for him."
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 28th, 2021 at 10:01:45 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: rxwine
Caleb update.

Quote:
"Caleb won’t make it much longer. He will be moved to comfort care tomorrow and I will get to be there with him until it’s his time to return to our father in heaven," said Wallace. "I appreciate everyone all the good and the bad. You all have the right to feel the way you feel as Caleb once fought for his beliefs. He was an imperfect man but he loved his family and his little girls more than anything."

"To those who wished him death, I’m sorry his views and opinions hurt you. I prayed he’d come out of this with a new perspective and more appreciation for life. I can’t say much more than that because I can’t speak for him."

And, he certainly won't be speaking for himself.

Sorry, when you treat some low-level employee of a place like that, I don't really care what else you have done. It's inexcusable. I guess the last bit is just another example of a prayer that did not yield the intended results.

Maybe it's not inexcusable. I'm the Agnostic, so what would I know about not yelling at women who are captive to where they are working...I don't have any morals, just ask a good Christian like him; he'll tell you.

Oh, wait, he won't tell you...almost forgot.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
August 28th, 2021 at 10:33:34 AM permalink
rxwine
I still think one of the other big mistakes he made was staying out of the hospital too long. A doctor will treat symptoms even if he doesn't know what's wrong.
Degrading your health with lack of proper treatment, gives you about as much chance as an elderly person.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 28th, 2021 at 10:38:24 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
I still think one of the other big mistakes he made was staying out of the hospital too long. A doctor will treat symptoms even if he doesn't know what's wrong.
Degrading your health with lack of proper treatment, gives you about as much chance as an elderly person.

In his defense, he did try that horse dewormer. I think he also took some aspirin.

I can't emphasize enough that I'm not concerned with the fact that he was not vaccinated and do not feel any particular joy when it comes to seeing unvaccinated people die of the Coronavirus. I maintain that getting vaccinated or not is, and should be, a personal choice. That's not my problem with this guy.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
August 28th, 2021 at 11:18:23 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Caleb update.

"as Caleb once fought for his beliefs."

So it's okay because he fought for his beliefs even though his beliefs were moronic. He almost deserves a Darwin Award, but this doesn't quite match sipping a Coke machine over on yourself and having it crush you. You have to blame the guy's parents. He was brought up in a religion where the head guy says ask him for anything and he will give it to you. And he believed it. Sucker..

"And whatever you ask in My name, this I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son."

The meaning of this is pretty clear but if FrG
was here he would say it doesn't mean that
at all. Of course it means exactly what it says.
And FrG knows it doesn't work so his church
has to change the meaning.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 28th, 2021 at 11:57:42 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
"as Caleb once fought for his beliefs."

So it's okay because he fought for his beliefs even though his beliefs were moronic. He almost deserves a Darwin Award, but this doesn't quite match sipping a Coke machine over on yourself and having it crush you. You have to blame the guy's parents. He was brought up in a religion where the head guy says ask him for anything and he will give it to you. And he believed it. Sucker..

"And whatever you ask in My name, this I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son."

The meaning of this is pretty clear but if FrG
was here he would say it doesn't mean that
at all. Of course it means exactly what it says.
And FrG knows it doesn't work so his church
has to change the meaning.

This reads like someone desperate to get FrG to engage in another tiresome back and forth with you.

Maybe he’s just not that into you?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 28th, 2021 at 12:00:47 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Evenbob

There's a little ditty, about a guy asking God about why in his dream, at some of the lowest points, there are only one set of footprints in the sand. God replies, that was where he carried the man. Seems like the evidence points more to God throwing him in the ocean letting him almost drown, and then coming back later.
After all, you should be able to relax if you're being carried.
August 28th, 2021 at 12:02:42 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: ams288
This reads like someone desperate to get FrG to engage in another tiresome back and forth with you.
?

He's gone hasn't posted since June
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 28th, 2021 at 12:32:20 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Well, if he's been caught up in the ongoing problem of the church it could be that his parish is now defunct due to lack of interest.

Few new members of the catholic church in America these days; they are now casting their net widely in the Third World to stay relevant and solvent.

I sometimes wonder which factor promotes disaffection with the church more: priests as pedophiles or people just finally thinking critically and realizing the catholic liturgy / way of life is baloney on stilts.