Threads: 29
Quote: ams288
The GOP, a few months from now:

Look away, RonC!!!

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 23rd, 2020 at 5:52:11 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Hopefully Trump won't tout any more drugs he has "a gut" feeling about.

Quote:
This drug is lifesaving for me because it helps me function," she said.

But when Lieberman, a preschool teacher from California, called her pharmacy Friday to check whether her new prescription was available, she got a startling reply.

"I physically don't have any medication," Lieberman, 46, said she was told. "It's back-ordered everywhere."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/lifesaving-lupus-drug-short-supply-after-trump-touts-possible-coronavirus-n1166981
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 23rd, 2020 at 5:55:00 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14

Look away, RonC!!!

Not sure what your position is on that quote. Grandparents would always give up anything including their lives for their grandchildren. Probably hard for a young person to understand who believes we seniors are taking more than our share.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
March 23rd, 2020 at 6:03:26 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: kenarman

Not sure what your position is on that quote. Grandparents would always give up anything including their lives for their grandchildren. Probably hard for a young person to understand who believes we seniors are taking more than our share.

Not a grandparent. Not even a parent. But I can understand being at a point in life where you have a choice of some sort and you eventually decide you have had enough and if it is your time then it is your time. Like those people in the WTC who let others use the elevators or otherwise go ahead of them in the line to get out. This is not as clear cut as that, except in ways that it is. IMHO mainly by people who keep going out to work when they have enough to stay home because they have to do what they do and it has to get done.
The President is a fink.
March 23rd, 2020 at 6:09:47 PM permalink
rxwine
No one is stopping any volunteers on killing themselves.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 23rd, 2020 at 6:11:12 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

Look away, RonC!!!

South Korea is flattening the curve
China is getting back to business.
The suggestion from Fox is to end up like Italy and have their audience die
WTF
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 23rd, 2020 at 6:20:24 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: terapined

Look away, RonC!!!

South Korea is flattening the curve
China is getting back to business.
The suggestion from Fox is to end up like Italy and have their audience die
WTF

They can't quite get to suggesting the old and feeble get on trains and ride somewhere to be gassed.
March 23rd, 2020 at 6:35:00 PM permalink
kenarman
Quote: rxwine
No one is stopping any volunteers on killing themselves.

Glad to see that you appreciate the effort of volunteers to make your life better. Of course I am not sure that you understand the concept of volunteering.
March 23rd, 2020 at 8:01:31 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: AZDuffman
Couldn't they put you behind the lines so to speak? Handle other stuff to free up other docs?

While I have you, medical question of all that is going on. They said Type A blood is more susceptible, or they thought so. Is there any correlation on blood type and nationality? IOW. does China have way more Type A than the USA?

Not sure. But I think different nationalities have somewhat different percentages.

The email was just a generic "can you help" type, asking me to call one of 3 doctors to discuss with them. I told them I'd consider it but as of now there is a surplus of anesthesiologists, not a shortage. There are younger anesthesiologists who would be better suited to helping in an ICU than I would be at this point. But I have not totally ruled out being able to help in some capacity. But I think it is really unlikely.
March 23rd, 2020 at 8:31:07 PM permalink
kenarman
The European leaders are now taking my position that the cure is worse than the disease and the lockdowns can't go on long term. They also say that once the lockdowns are ended the infection rate will soar again. A vaccine is not likely available until the end of 2021.

We need to accept the reality that many people are going to die and we will all lose someone we love. In the meantime lets not destroy the world trying to save 1% to 2% of the humans, there are too many of us anyway. I am in the high risk age group and healthy and active and expect to live for at least another 10 years maybe even 20. But I don't want to see the world damaged so badly trying to stop something that is going to run its course regardless.

When I was a kid they had 'measles parties' where the mothers in neighbourhood brought their young kids to a party when 1 had the measles to make sure they got it when young since it is much more dangerous when you are older. Maybe we should have Covid19 parties for the young kids. There has not been a case yet of a kid younger than 9 dying. Let them get their immunity now then they can go back to school and daycares.