No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

March 23rd, 2020 at 3:53:25 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
First death in WNY. Still fewer than 100 confirmed cases here. We are about to take that exponential jump. Around 2 weeks behind NYC.
NYC now with over 100 DEATHS and climbing.

I received an email from my hospital asking me, and all other recently retired docs, if we can come back. Says don't come if you are in a high risk group which includes those 60 and over. As I'm 59.7 and diabetic I told them I fit into the high risk group, but keep me on the list. If you think about it, the overwhelming majority of retired docs are 60 and older.
Right now, until the deluge comes, there is an overabundance of anesthesiologists. Surgical volume is likely 10-20% of pre coronavirus levels. In NYC, where they are opening makeshift ICUs, anesthesiologists can help staff those.
March 23rd, 2020 at 3:57:44 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO
First death in WNY. Still fewer than 100 confirmed cases here. We are about to take that exponential jump. Around 2 weeks behind NYC.

I received an email from my hospital asking me, and all other recently retired docs, if we can come back. Says don't come if you are in a high risk group which includes those 60 and over. As I'm 59.7 and diabetic I told them I fit into the high risk group, but keep me on the list. If you think about it, the overwhelming majority of retired docs are 60 and older.
Right now, until the deluge comes, there is an overabundance of anesthesiologists. Surgical volume is likely 10-20% of pre coronavirus levels. In NYC, where they are opening makeshift ICUs, anesthesiologists can help staff those.

Did they promise you'd have protective equipment? Lack of it, puts a damper on the allure, I'd guess.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 23rd, 2020 at 4:02:19 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: SOOPOO

Couldn't they put you behind the lines so to speak? Handle other stuff to free up other docs?

While I have you, medical question of all that is going on. They said Type A blood is more susceptible, or they thought so. Is there any correlation on blood type and nationality? IOW. does China have way more Type A than the USA?
The President is a fink.
March 23rd, 2020 at 4:19:13 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: RonC
Ah, heck, I almost got caught up in your bullshit.

Have a nice day!

The truth hurts, doesn’t it?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 23rd, 2020 at 4:20:52 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Might get interesting. Temps here
going from the 30's low 40's to
the upper 50's this week. This usually
drives the cabin fever people into
the streets. With kids out of school
it will be hard to keep them indoors.
Older people too. I refused to drive
cab on the first warm days of Spring,
too nuts in the poorer hoods..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 23rd, 2020 at 4:27:01 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Quote: ams288
Pelosi unveiling her new stimulus package right now.

Looks like she was working this weekend! Care to take back your criticism?

Yep, looks like the democrats were working hard. The following are some items that they have included in their Chinese virus stimulus bill:

-Publication of corporate pay statistics by race and race statistics for all corporate boards (what the hell does this have to do with fighting the Chinese virus??)

-A bail out on all current debt at the Postal Service (what the hell does this have to do with fighting the Chinese virus??)

-Required early voting (what the hell does this have to do with fighting the Chinese virus??)

-Required same day voter registration (what the hell does this have to do with fighting the Chinese virus??)

-Provisions on official time for union collective bargaining (what the hell does this have to do with fighting the Chinese virus??)

-Full offset of airline emissions by 2025 (what the hell does this have to do with fighting the Chinese virus??)

-Publication and reporting of greenhouse gas statistics for individual flights (what the hell does this have to do with fighting the Chinese virus??)

-Retirement plans for community newspaper employees (what the hell does this have to do with fighting the Chinese virus??)

-Federal $15 minimum wage (what the hell does this have to do with fighting the Chinese virus??)

-Permanent paid leave (what the hell does this have to do with fighting the Chinese virus??)

Days earlier James Clyburn (D., S.C.) "let the cat out of the bag":

Dem Rep. Told Colleagues Coronavirus Bill Is ‘Tremendous Opportunity to Restructure Things to Fit Our Vision’

or

Rep. Clyburn Admits Economic Package Is 'An Opportunity to Restructure Things to Fit Our Vision'

Yep, the democrats working hard to solve the Chinese virus pandemic.
Let's go Brandon
March 23rd, 2020 at 4:38:31 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: fleaswatter
Yep, looks like the democrats were working hard. The following are some items that they have included in their Chinese virus stimulus bill:

-Publication of corporate pay statistics by race and race statistics for all corporate boards (what the hell does this have to do with fighting the Chinese virus??)

-A bail out on all current debt at the Postal Service (what the hell does this have to do with fighting the Chinese virus??)

-Required early voting (what the hell does this have to do with fighting the Chinese virus??)

-Required same day voter registration (what the hell does this have to do with fighting the Chinese virus??)

-Provisions on official time for union collective bargaining (what the hell does this have to do with fighting the Chinese virus??)

-Full offset of airline emissions by 2025 (what the hell does this have to do with fighting the Chinese virus??)

-Publication and reporting of greenhouse gas statistics for individual flights (what the hell does this have to do with fighting the Chinese virus??)

-Retirement plans for community newspaper employees (what the hell does this have to do with fighting the Chinese virus??)

-Federal $15 minimum wage (what the hell does this have to do with fighting the Chinese virus??)

-Permanent paid leave (what the hell does this have to do with fighting the Chinese virus??)

Days earlier James Clyburn (D., S.C.) "let the cat out of the bag":

Dem Rep. Told Colleagues Coronavirus Bill Is ‘Tremendous Opportunity to Restructure Things to Fit Our Vision’

or

Rep. Clyburn Admits Economic Package Is 'An Opportunity to Restructure Things to Fit Our Vision'

Yep, the democrats working hard to solve the Chinese virus pandemic.

Awww, Mr. Semantics can’t pick apart my statement that Pelosi was working on a stimulus bill this weekend (fact check: TRUE) so he just has to whine about the stuff in it he disagrees with.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 23rd, 2020 at 4:40:36 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
The biggest problem I have with the Senate Bill is putting $500 billion into one person's hands (Trump, don't think for a minute that Mnuchin will really have control) to give out to companies that he wants, while keeping the companies and amounts secret for six months.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
March 23rd, 2020 at 5:07:04 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
I certainly glad that we have shut the border with the US. I can't believe that the you are playing partisan politics with this crisis. Next you will be having protest marches by all the special interest groups who want their piece of the windfall during the shutdown. The Canadian federal government and the BC provincial government are both minority governments. That means no party has enough of their own votes to pass anything. Both have put together packages to help everyone both individuals and businesses to survive the crisis. Our Federal parliament is meeting with only the minimum quorum of MP's to pass the bill in order to protect the members and keep the long distance travel down. Your politics are only one step from an open war.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
March 23rd, 2020 at 5:27:51 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Dalex64
The biggest problem I have with the Senate Bill is putting $500 billion into one person's hands (Trump, don't think for a minute that Mnuchin will really have control) to give out to companies that he wants, while keeping the companies and amounts secret for six months.

I have less of a problem with this than when they told CEO's of healthy banks in 2008, like Jamie Dimon, that they were taking the bailout money and their signature or their brains would be on the contract before they left the room.
The President is a fink.