No votes (0%)
1 vote (6.66%)
1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

March 3rd, 2022 at 11:46:23 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Tanko
CDC guidance issued last May, says fully vaccinated could gather indoors without masks and without physically distancing.

The Ruling Class has been maskless since then.

De Santis called it what it is. ‘Covid Theater’.

I don't listen to the govt regarding my health
I'm 63 with asthma
Damm straight I'm gonna mask up at the grocery store. I still avoid maskless indoor crowds. Makes me sick the Gov tried to bully students into taking off their masks. What an idiot. Read the room. No doubt masks have saved lives.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 3rd, 2022 at 12:19:39 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I don’t wear a mask when I don’t have to.

But I would never berate anyone who chooses to wear one. Because I’m not a fat a**hole like DeSantis.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 3rd, 2022 at 2:15:30 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: ams288
I don’t wear a mask when I don’t have to.

But I would never berate anyone who chooses to wear one. Because I’m not a fat a**hole like DeSantis.

I like you only wear one when I have to. I actually admire and respect those wearing them when not required. I am too selfish and value my personal comfort over health and safety.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
March 3rd, 2022 at 2:42:22 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: rxwine
Florida has an overall death rate from Covid of 326 per 100,000 as of March 1, 2022.
California 216 per 100,000
Vermont 96 per 100,000
Arizona 384 per 100,000
New York 346 per 100,000
Texas 293 per 100,000

Desantis has a mediocre record overall on covid.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1109011/coronavirus-covid19-death-rates-us-by-state/

M E D I O C R E

Florida has one of the highest populations of older people. Older people have been more likely to die of Covid throughout the pandemic. It would stand to reason that their losses would be higher than states with less older people.

Perhaps the statistics would better represent things using a demographic picture of the population.

Maine skews older; how did they avoid a higher death rate?

Sometimes numbers bring more questions than they answer by themselves.
March 3rd, 2022 at 3:59:02 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: terapined
Quote: Tanko
CDC guidance issued last May, says fully vaccinated could gather indoors without masks and without physically distancing.

The Ruling Class has been maskless since then.

De Santis called it what it is. ‘Covid Theater’.

I don't listen to the govt regarding my health
I'm 63 with asthma
Damm straight I'm gonna mask up at the grocery store. I still avoid maskless indoor crowds. Makes me sick the Gov tried to bully students into taking off their masks. What an idiot. Read the room. No doubt masks have saved lives.
Do you have an Idyllis air purifier in your RV? I love mine. It's near silent. Haven't shut it off for almost 11 years. Has a UV-C and Hepa filter in it. Only shut it off to replace filters. It catches a lot of micro dust.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
March 3rd, 2022 at 4:08:15 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: RonC
Florida has one of the highest populations of older people. Older people have been more likely to die of Covid throughout the pandemic. It would stand to reason that their losses would be higher than states with less older people.

Perhaps the statistics would better represent things using a demographic picture of the population.

Maine skews older; how did they avoid a higher death rate?

Sometimes numbers bring more questions than they answer by themselves.
I struggle to understand my county. It has the 3rd highest age demographic in the country with one out of 3 inhabitants being 60 or older. And still, have a low vax rate. Had to visit my pulmonologist last week, in her office this visit was the first time they started enforcing a mask rule. I asked her and she said it was because to many of her patients had died from Covid and one recently must have sued? Now they are double masking, with the tip down welders type shield, and n-95 underneath. It is good masking now.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
March 4th, 2022 at 8:46:02 AM permalink
terapined
I wear a "fully vaccinated" button on my hat
Had no idea this could trigger somebody

"New Mexico woman is accused of pulling gun on another driver over his pro-vaccine bumper sticker" https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10573693/amp/New-Mexico-woman-accused-pulling-gun-driver-pro-vaccine-bumper-sticker.html
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 7th, 2022 at 4:38:25 PM permalink
Mooseton
Threads: 0
I wear a "fully vaccinated" button on my hat
Had no idea this could trigger somebody

"New Mexico woman is accused of pulling gun on another driver over his pro-vaccine bumper sticker" https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10573693/amp/New-Mexico-woman-accused-pulling-gun-driver-pro-vaccine-bumper-sticker.html

I don’t believe you. But I suppose there is a chance you are that ignorant.
March 7th, 2022 at 5:11:25 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: Mooseton
I don’t believe you. But I suppose there is a chance you are that ignorant.

Why do you think it's ignorant???????
March 7th, 2022 at 9:11:59 PM permalink
Mooseton
Threads: 0
Why do you think it's ignorant???????

Because it ignores people like myself who’ve had Covid and dont really need a vaccine.
It ignores people that can’t have the vaccine due to health factors I don’t even know about.
It ignores the destruction of many peoples lives by an over reaching govt.
It basically signals that you comply with with an over reaching govt, much like the Nazis.
Many other reasons but I don’t have the time.

But like I said, I don’t think you’re that ignorant but it’s possible.
It’s similar to a MAGA/BBB button in that you just can’t see how the other side could possibly be right.