1 vote (6.66%)

15 members have voted

March 7th, 2022 at 11:17:51 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Mooseton
Quote: terapined
Why do you think it's ignorant???????

Because it ignores people like myself who’ve had Covid and dont really need a vaccine.
It ignores people that can’t have the vaccine due to health factors I don’t even know about.
It ignores the destruction of many peoples lives by an over reaching govt.
It basically signals that you comply with with an over reaching govt, much like the Nazis.
Many other reasons but I don’t have the time.

But like I said, I don’t think you’re that ignorant but it’s possible.
It’s similar to a MAGA/BBB button in that you just can’t see how the other side could possibly be right.

This is absurd
It a button that says "I am fully vaccinated"
How is that ignorant
My body, my choice
It's not like my button says "Get the vaccine dummy"
My button simply states a personal fact
Only a crazy Trumper would get upset by my button
I see a MAGA hat and I ignore it as it should be ignored.
It's not something that triggers me.
It's much ado about nothing
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 8th, 2022 at 3:47:21 AM permalink
terapined

I get a lot of
"I like your button"
I generally ask which one
Both actually get about the same amount of likes
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 8th, 2022 at 7:11:37 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14

I get a lot of
"I like your button"

It is a political button. Politics is always a hot topic that can get out of hand in a hurry in any interaction. Like the rules one of my best friends and I have, certain topics are taboo and not to be discussed. The table I sit at in the bar has a rule of no politics or religious discussions. Some people just live in their own bubble and don't interact at all with people with different views. They get more and more extreme because they always get positive reinforcement and they never have to think about their beliefs.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
March 8th, 2022 at 7:46:42 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: kenarman

I get a lot of
"I like your button"

It is a political button. Politics is always a hot topic that can get out of hand in a hurry in any interaction. Like the rules one of my best friends and I have, certain topics are taboo and not to be discussed. The table I sit at in the bar has a rule of no politics or religious discussions. Some people just live in their own bubble and don't interact at all with people with different views. They get more and more extreme because they always get positive reinforcement and they never have to think about their beliefs.

Give me a break
My button is not political
Yea most deadheads lean left
But
Ann Coulter is a deadhead
March 8th, 2022 at 11:55:24 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 97
Quote: Mooseton
It ignores the destruction of many peoples lives by an over reaching govt.

Over reaching gov't?

Pshaw.

They responded the best they knew how to what they thought was a developing clear and present danger, a quasi-existential threat.
March 8th, 2022 at 12:06:34 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: missedhervee
Over reaching gov't?

Pshaw.

They responded the best they knew how to what they thought was a developing clear and present danger, a quasi-existential threat.

Not exactly. They did not release a lot of info that may have been helpful along the way:

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/20/health/covid-cdc-data.html
March 8th, 2022 at 12:17:23 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 97
I cannot read the NYT article without you cited above without first paying them to subscribe.

What does it say?
March 8th, 2022 at 12:48:26 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: missedhervee
I cannot read the NYT article without you cited above without first paying them to subscribe.

What does it say?

Weird. My Google search about CDC not releasing Covid data pulled it up and I could read it. I cannot going from the link here.

Mostly that the CDC decided not to release data that could have helped other organizations better fight Covid. Effectiveness of vaccine in age groups (possibly negating need for boosters) and areas that may need more attention than others.

I’d rather you get a full look at the article, though…
March 8th, 2022 at 1:35:54 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: RonC
Weird. My Google search about CDC not releasing Covid data pulled it up and I could read it. I cannot going from the link here.

Mostly that the CDC decided not to release data that could have helped other organizations better fight Covid. Effectiveness of vaccine in age groups (possibly negating need for boosters) and areas that may need more attention than others.

I’d rather you get a full look at the article, though…

Too many people were already clutching their pearls every time the CDC had to modify some information. For instance, too many people started assuming Omicron was going to be more dangerous just from the suggestion that it MIGHT be more dangerous before the data was in because it was more contagious.

Perhaps if the CDC put out a constant disclaimer every week (maybe every day) that "This information is subject to change as new data comes in." total information dumps would have been fine. But we were already hearing people say, "But the CDC said this a month ago and now says this."
Or even, "the CDC was lying because the information changes."
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 8th, 2022 at 1:45:46 PM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
It often helps to clear History and Cookies when a paywall prevents access to an article.