Is Portland over?

October 15th, 2021 at 10:06:31 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Change is inevitable: some good, some bad.

The good news is BLM / anitfa have been MIA in stumptown.

The bad news is we are awash in homeless pukes.
October 16th, 2021 at 3:27:58 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: missedhervee
Change is inevitable: some good, some bad.

The good news is BLM / anitfa have been MIA in stumptown.

The bad news is we are awash in homeless pukes.

Here's the thing. The homeless problem could be solved. First step is the cops have to keep rousting them. Probably at first would have to corral them to a block or two that would have to be sacrificed as a homeless village. But homeless life has to be made uncomfortable. Someone takes a dump in the streets, let them take their dumps in county slam for a week. And so on.

Ah, but we cannot do that will say the good citizens of Portland. That is "mean." That is something they do in "red states." "They have to dump in the streets, businesses reserve restrooms for customers!" And so on.

Portland loves liberalism. The situation in Portland is the end result of liberal governing. Liberal governing will always give these results in the end. Portland is like an addict who has not bottomed out yet.
The President is a fink.
October 16th, 2021 at 11:18:08 AM permalink
missedhervee
That's a bit harsh, but kernels of truth permeate it to a redolent degree.

It seems my optimism about thinking the problems have eased was misplaced: recent developments by antifa / rioters:

https://www.columbian.com/news/2021/oct/15/lawless-city-residents-worry-after-portland-police-dont-stop-chaos/
October 16th, 2021 at 12:02:58 PM permalink
AZDuffman
That's a bit harsh, but kernels of truth permeate it to a redolent degree.

It seems my optimism about thinking the problems have eased was misplaced: recent developments by antifa / rioters:

Well, people screamed to "DEFUND THE POLICE!" They did not want force used on rioters. They took up sides of thugs against the cops. And the cops are now saying, "want us to do something, call your assemblyman!"

Which I love. The liberal voters in Portland seem to have lived their lives separated from bad things and bad people. They believe what their sociology teachers told them about society.

Hopefully the people of Portland are enjoying getting what they voted for, as to clean it up will take a generation at this point.
The President is a fink.
October 16th, 2021 at 12:34:12 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman

Which I love. The liberal voters in Portland seem to have lived their lives separated from bad things and bad people.

That's not it. I lived in a very liberal place for five years, Santa Barbara. It's that Liberals are extremely conscious of what people think of them so they're afraid to do anything that might look like they're bad people. Like be mean to a street bum. Better to tolerate them and secretly hate them then to make it look like you might be intolerant. It's fear that runs liberals, fear of what they look like in the eyes of other liberals. They want the same things that conservatives want they just don't have the guts to go and get it. Liberalism very much has a cult mentality. Conservatism is all about individualism. Liberalism cuz all about the sheep mentality.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 16th, 2021 at 1:18:06 PM permalink
missedhervee
Huh?

Whacky theory of liberalism there, old boy.

No, liberals believe all people are fundamentally good: that's the problem, as a lot of folks are really a bunch of mean-spirited, anarchistic, opportunistic dirtbags hoping to steal your catalytic converter and rape your dog.
October 16th, 2021 at 2:46:45 PM permalink
Evenbob
Huh?

Whacky theory of liberalism there, .

Not wacky at all, I was there, I lived it. Liberalism is a cult of fear. A fear of rocking the boat, a fear of looking non compassionate to fellow liberals. Some street bum wants to crap in front of my business on the sidewalk, who am I to stop him. My fellow business owners might think I have no compassion. The sheep mentality. Always do what the herd does.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 16th, 2021 at 4:15:53 PM permalink
missedhervee
Quote: Evenbob
The sheep mentality. Always do what the herd does.

Liberals are not really afraid: they're just too warm hearted, caring, and compassionate to flourish in this cold, cruel world.

Unlike Trumpies they actually care about the poor, the downtrodden and the dispossessed.
October 16th, 2021 at 4:23:50 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Liberals are not really afraid: they're just too warm hearted, caring, and compassionate to flourish in this cold, cruel world.

Unlike Trumpies they actually care about the poor, the downtrodden and the dispossessed.

They care to the extent that they look good to their liberal friends. That is about the end of it.

We see over and over conservatives tend to give more to charity than liberals. Liberals are usually generous with money they take from other people at the point of a gun.
The President is a fink.
October 16th, 2021 at 4:48:19 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: AZDuffman
They care to the extent that they look good to their liberal friends. That is about the end of it.

I have told the story before. In high school the richest kid was the son of a well-known conservative figure in the Reagan Administration. That came later. He went to college and moved to Hollywood and became a movie producer. He never made any big movies, just little stuff, because he was rich he didn't have to work very hard. I saw him at my 2003 High School reunion and he was as liberal as they come. And his father was this extremely well-known conservative. I asked him about it and he said liberalism is a cult and if you don't join it you get excluded from everything in Hollywood. You have no choice, at least you didn't when he got there in the 1970s. So he holds his nose and spouts the liberal nonsense. He says the Liberals are like any cult, they are friendly and compassionate towards you if you agree with them. If you do not they hate your guts and will do anything to stop you. We certainly saw this when Trump was president. We saw the compassionate liberals over and over and over and their outright hatred if you oppose what they stand for.