The Biden Presidency 2022

June 12th, 2022 at 2:16:56 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: DRich
I think Trump has brought lower income families to the Repub party.

Nah!

Despite six million people lifted out of poverty between 2017 and 2019, and latino and black poverty rates reaching historic lows, Biden still got 59% of the latino vote and 90% of the black vote in 2020.
June 12th, 2022 at 6:40:37 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Tanko
Nah!

Despite six million people lifted out of poverty between 2017 and 2019, and latino and black poverty rates reaching historic lows, Biden still got 59% of the latino vote and 90% of the black vote in 2020.

What about white trash
Trump dominates in the country ghetto
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 12th, 2022 at 7:52:49 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: terapined
What about white trash
Trump dominates in the country ghetto

That is not necessarily true poor white people (below or near the poverty level), tend favor democrats. "Poor White People" (below or near poverty line) and "White People" (All white people) tend to be less of a bloc than other demographic groups. But, overall, the trend for all races (when selecting just for economics) is the poorer you are the more likely to vote Democrat.

(Also, according to the study below when they vote against their interests it tends to be a third party -Not Republicans- that catch their eye).

Its a common media trope that "White Trash" supports Republicans, but it does not play out in reality.

Unless by "White Trash" you mean white people with backwards views of any income level, in which case that is probably correct (virtually all racist whites support Republicans, this is not disputed by even Republicans).

"Recent years have seen the rise of the idea that poor whites in America have developed a tendency
to vote for Republicans, who in general do not have their best interests in mind. Using National
Election Survey data, Sean Richey, J. Benjamin Taylor, Jeffrey M. Glas and Junyan Zhu take a
close look at this idea of ‘incorrect voting’, and find that poor whites actually tend to vote for
Democrats – who do better represent their interests – around 75 percent of the time. They also
comment that when poor whites do vote against their interests, this tends to be third party
candidates, rather than Republicans." -From Study Below-

http://eprints.lse.ac.uk/65940/1/blogs.lse.ac.uk-Debunking%20the%20myth%20that%20poor%20whites%20vote%20against%20their%20interests%20for%20Republicans%5B1%5D.pdf

Granted this study is "Before Trump", but its safe to assume not much has changes, maybe he managed to sway a few who care about race more than anything else, but that is a stretch since Republicans already had those voters.
June 12th, 2022 at 10:27:11 PM permalink
Mooseton
I am glad to see Gandler put your garbage theory to rest. It’s the truth. There’s fools of all races.
June 18th, 2022 at 11:41:23 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Okay, this video of Biden falling off his bike legit made me LOL

https://twitter.com/ampol_moment/status/1538179280504487936?s=21&t=zlFo6D5RUmbSu_Wg3fitqA
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 18th, 2022 at 2:08:55 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
To uncle Joe's credit he rides for fun and exercise.

I bet you'll NEVER see Trump on a bike: he's too fat, but he'd say it's to "plebian."

Trump has contempt for all but the wealthiest, and them he tries to screw over.
June 18th, 2022 at 4:35:09 PM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
To be fair, that is barely a "bike fall".
When I heard on the radio he had fallen, I figured it was a real crash.
I half expected him to hit the pole in the beginning of the video.
This is more along the lines of the airplane steps incident.
The guys old, he is gonna fall occasionally.
I am more concerned about his speaking gaffs than this.
Getting lost mid-sentence on a regular basis is a lot more concerning.
The Jimmy Kimmel appearance was a public image disaster.
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
June 19th, 2022 at 12:15:55 AM permalink
Mooseton
Quote: missedhervee
To uncle Joe's credit he rides for fun and exercise.

I bet you'll NEVER see Trump on a bike: he's too fat, but he'd say it's to "plebian."

Trump has contempt for all but the wealthiest, and them he tries to screw over.

Is that what you think he’d say if what you made up happen? Not surprised. Coo Koo!
June 19th, 2022 at 3:02:26 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
CIVIQS Poll: Biden Approval Lowest of Presidency – 32% Overall

Every major poll that comes out has him lower than the last one. Quinnipiac had him at 33% on June 8th. Is even underwater in Delaware.. Everybody, Republicans Democrats Independents everybody wants this guy gone, his policies are killing us. And I truly don't think he realizes it, he lives in the senile bubble that they keep him in. How can we survive another two and a half years of this guy.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 20th, 2022 at 5:43:25 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
A Republican takeover of one or both houses of Congress in November seems to be a very real possibility.

Based on recent history, the Republicans will have to do a much better job after winning to make it worth anything by 2024. It isn’t about just talk when you control part or all of Congress. It is about action. Action that may not make it into law due to the Presidential veto but action that large numbers of people are in favor of and is still conservative in nature. Then that action has to be spoken of early and often so that everyone knows it was taken.

Compromise when possible, explain why you can’t when it is not.

Republicans have to get better at getting their message out.