The Biden Presidency 2022

July 7th, 2022 at 12:56:44 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: ams288
Gas Prices Drop Further: How Low Could They Go This Summer?

Quick, righties! Better start cooking up some “caravan” stories before Nov.!

That is a 'I feel so good since I stopped hitting myself in the head with a hammer' story.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
July 7th, 2022 at 1:49:41 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: petroglyph
https://money.cnn.com/2017/05/01/investing/saudi-arabia-buys-largest-oil-refinery-port-arthur/index.html

Trading for US infrastructure.

When I left college I narrowed my choices of cities to move to to three cities. Port Arthur, Las Vegas, and San Diego. I chose Vegas but I liked Port Arthur as it was a small industrial style city.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
July 7th, 2022 at 1:53:27 PM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Oil fell due to demand effect and Biden draining the US Strategic Oil Reserves to lowest level in forty years.. Sending more than 5 million barrels to Europe and his friends in China. Chinese drivers must love him. 'Go Blandon'.

Very Short term fix. Up $3.71 per barrel today. Currently $102 per barrel.

Good day for oil stocks.
July 7th, 2022 at 1:54:02 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
I spent almost half a year traveling the country after college, and I narrowed down places I'd like to settle down in to three also: Albuquerque / Santa Fe area, Boulder / Nederland, and Portland.

No regrets.
July 7th, 2022 at 2:14:11 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Tanko
Oil fell due to demand effect and Biden draining the US Strategic Oil Reserves to lowest level in forty years.. Sending more than 5 million barrels to Europe and his friends in China. Chinese drivers must love him. 'Go Blandon'.

Very Short term fix. Up $3.71 per barrel today. Currently $102 per barrel.

Good day for oil stocks.

Never a solution
Whine whine whine
I'm not whining
I'm paying the fair market price for a product
How about some solutions instead of the regular whine
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 8th, 2022 at 5:13:48 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
The President is losing his Communications Director. Departures are not uncommon as Presidencies progress; working in the WH is an exhausting job.

She was considered for Press Secretary and some think she may have been disappointed that someone else was picked even though it would technically be a demotion. I don’t know if I believe that but I am sure she would be better than the new Press Secretary. Jen Psaki was much, much better from day one.

The other thing that is talked about is messaging and communicating that message. Perhaps they want to do better at that. Their messaging is not strong nor does it resonate with anyone but the most ardent supporters. Candidates for various offices are staying away from Biden appearances…never a good sign.

Maybe she just wanted out…who knows; there is always palace intrigue in these changes…
July 8th, 2022 at 7:23:23 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
LMAO

A much better-than-expected 327,000 jobs added. Biden continues to be the best jobs president ever. Or - as Fox News calls it - CRISIS!!!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 8th, 2022 at 7:45:21 AM permalink
kenarman
LMAO

A much better-than-expected 327,000 jobs added. Biden continues to be the best jobs president ever. Or - as Fox News calls it - CRISIS!!!

There are record numbers of people not wanting to work. I expect you don't know how the unemployment rate is calculated.
July 8th, 2022 at 7:48:32 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: kenarman
There are record numbers of people not wanting to work.

What’s your point? For anyone who does want to work, there is a job out there for them.

Mediocre white men can no longer blame minorities for stealing all their jobs. I can understand why so many Trumpers are upset over this.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 8th, 2022 at 8:19:36 AM permalink
kenarman
What’s your point? For anyone who does want to work, there is a job out there for them.

The point is that you don't understand that the government unemployment number doesn't mean the number of unemployed people. Biden's massive Covid payments and lockdowns have destroyed the work ethic in a large percentage of the population. These people now expect to live off of the government.