The Biden Presidency 2022

July 8th, 2022 at 12:43:08 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: kenarman
Trump spent $600 billion less than 1/3 of the $1.9 trillion spent by Biden after most people that wanted to could go back to work. Biden owns the problem.

What problem?
We need immigrants
It's that simple
Open the borders
I want SERVICE
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 8th, 2022 at 1:08:52 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: terapined
What problem?
We need immigrants
It's that simple
Open the borders
I want SERVICE

Millions of them come in every year; more so in the past 18 months.

The borders are closed according to the boss man but appear to be very porously closed.

We have immigrants. The Dems have done nothing to make them legal ones. They have not even tried.

What are the illegal entrants doing?
July 8th, 2022 at 1:09:00 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
What problem?
We need immigrants
It's that simple
Open the borders
I want SERVICE

Won't be much service when you bankrupt the country.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
July 8th, 2022 at 1:21:27 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: rxwine

Biden owns this problem.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 8th, 2022 at 1:49:08 PM permalink
rquiredusername
Threads: 0
Did he just pull a Ron Burgundy today?

Anyway….there’s less people in the labor market because a bunch of people got to retire a few years earlier when their stocks and homes got overly inflated by all the near free money for a decade straight pumped into housing and the market and most of them aren’t coming back to work, not because people got lazy from a year of Covid handouts and working at home. Covid handouts ended a year ago and inflation is taking that money back.

These make up most of the people currently complaining about “no one wants to work nowadays.” F’ing boomers destroy everything in their path, whine about what they destroyed not being what it used to be and proceed to blame it on millennials, same as it ever was. Substitute Trump and Russia for millennials and you have Biden, another boomer laying blame for all his problems on others.
July 8th, 2022 at 2:29:19 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Won't be much service when you bankrupt the country.

WTF
I'm retired lol
With your statement, it's crystal clear that you simply don't understand retirement :-)
Maybe one day you will get there
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 8th, 2022 at 2:47:12 PM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: rxwine
A strong new jobs report ‘appears to make a mockery of’ the shrinking economy argument

More people, including retirees being forced back into the labor force due to the increased costs of living.

The BLS is cooking the jobs numbers. They count anyone who received pay during the month. That could be a person who worked one day in the month. ADP counts active employees in the company.

Normally, that kind of news would cause the Dow to go up. It ended down 46. Shows how much faith institutional investors have in government statistics.

Biden’s BLS claims 11 million available jobs, and nonfarm payrolls increased by 372,000 in June. Yet jobless claims and continuing jobless claims have been inching up every month since March.

In May, the same Biden BLS claimed nonfarm payrolls increased by 390,000. ADP said only 120,000 were added to business payrolls that month.

The more believable ADP numbers come out on August 2nd.
July 8th, 2022 at 2:49:07 PM permalink
kenarman
WTF
I'm retired lol
With your statement, it's crystal clear that you simply don't understand retirement :-)
Maybe one day you will get there

My statement had nothing to do with your retirement but the fact that you think open borders are sustainable for your country without affecting the financial stability of the US.
July 9th, 2022 at 9:54:14 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
My statement had nothing to do with your retirement but the fact that you think open borders are sustainable for your country without affecting the financial stability of the US.

Shouldn't we be more worried about the welfare of the people globally than just U.S. citizens?
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
July 9th, 2022 at 10:04:08 AM permalink
kenarman
Quote: DRich
Shouldn't we be more worried about the welfare of the people globally than just U.S. citizens?

I am not sure that most US citizens are willing to take the huge drop in living standards if the country defaults on its debt. As a theoretical question yes we should all be concerned about all the humans. Pretty much a pollyanna to think that any major changes can be made to the lifestyle of everyone in the world. The Putins of the world will always make sure they get more than their share if you willing give up yours.