The Biden Presidency 2022

July 8th, 2022 at 8:30:42 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: kenarman
The point is that you don't understand that the government unemployment number doesn't mean the number of unemployed people. Biden's massive Covid payments and lockdowns have destroyed the work ethic in a large percentage of the population. These people now expect to live off of the government.

Those Covid payments and lockdowns were in 2020. Biden wasn’t president then.

lmao
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 8th, 2022 at 9:02:52 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: ams288
Those Covid payments and lockdowns were in 2020. Biden wasn’t president then.lmao

You must get tired of putting your ass back on. Quote is CNBC March 11, 2021

"President Joe Biden signed the $1.9 trillion coronavirus relief package on Thursday afternoon.
The plan, his top priority as president, sends direct payments of up to $1,400, extends a $300 per week unemployment insurance supplement, expands the child tax credit and puts funds into vaccine distribution"
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
July 8th, 2022 at 9:07:10 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: kenarman
You must get tired of putting your ass back on. Quote is CNBC March 11, 2021

"President Joe Biden signed the $1.9 trillion coronavirus relief package on Thursday afternoon.
The plan, his top priority as president, sends direct payments of up to $1,400, extends a $300 per week unemployment insurance supplement, expands the child tax credit and puts funds into vaccine distribution"

Yup. He continued what Donny started. I seem to remember Donny saying he wanted those 2nd $1,400 stimulus payments too. Seemed to think it was political suicide for the GOP to oppose them (and it was - in the Georgia runoffs).

But sure, blame Biden. ;)
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 8th, 2022 at 10:42:53 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
I thought the covid payments ended long ago, are you saying they're ongoing?

If not: how are these idle Americans supporting themselves and their families?

Have they given up and are all now homeless?

I think not.
July 8th, 2022 at 11:02:43 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: missedhervee
I thought the covid payments ended long ago, are you saying they're ongoing?

If not: how are these idle Americans supporting themselves and their families?

Have they given up and are all now homeless?

I think not.

I wish someone would take a deep dive into that issue. How are so many people living without being in the labor force? I am sure some made a ton during the pandemic when stocks dropped very low and then came back strong. Some were likely close to retirement and just went that route. Lots still worked during the pandemic but spent much less and had a lot saved…some $2.7 trillion went into savings during that time. Some probably dwell in their parent’s basement. Some started businesses that may or may not be counted as jobs or businesses…if you take cash only, you may not be counted in any numbers but may someday find yourself in trouble with the IRS! I’d just like to see more info on it and how long many of them can stay out of the work force.
July 8th, 2022 at 11:07:09 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: RonC
I wish someone would take a deep dive into that issue. How are so many people living without being in the labor force? I am sure some made a ton during the pandemic when stocks dropped very low and then came back strong. Some were likely close to retirement and just went that route. Lots still worked during the pandemic but spent much less and had a lot saved…some $2.7 trillion went into savings during that time. Some probably dwell in their parent’s basement. Some started businesses that may or may not be counted as jobs or businesses…if you take cash only, you may not be counted in any numbers but may someday find yourself in trouble with the IRS! I’d just like to see more info on it and how long many of them can stay out of the work force.

Stay out? Assuming the same people are staying out and the same people are staying in is the wrong conclusion. Someone could have gone back to work for six months then quit when their spouse went back to work. So it’s not necessarily the same people staying out or staying in.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 8th, 2022 at 11:31:01 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: rxwine
Stay out? Assuming the same people are staying out and the same people are staying in is the wrong conclusion. Someone could have gone back to work for six months then quit when their spouse went back to work. So it’s not necessarily the same people staying out or staying in.

I am not assuming anything. You have added another group that may exist.

I am looking for a deeper dive; I don’t have the answers.
July 8th, 2022 at 12:15:52 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
What’s your point? For anyone who does want to work, there is a job out there for them.

Mediocre white men can no longer blame minorities for stealing all their jobs. I can understand why so many Trumpers are upset over this.

Yup
Just got an email from American Express
They are desperate
They just offered me 30 bucks an hour for 3 months work assignment with a 2k bonus upon completion
I'm having too much fun to work
Just landed in the heart of Kentucky
Despite the market, I still have plenty of money
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 8th, 2022 at 12:33:38 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Yup. He continued what Donny started. I seem to remember Donny saying he wanted those 2nd $1,400 stimulus payments too. Seemed to think it was political suicide for the GOP to oppose them (and it was - in the Georgia runoffs).

But sure, blame Biden. ;)

Trump spent $600 billion less than 1/3 of the $1.9 trillion spent by Biden after most people that wanted to could go back to work. Biden owns the problem.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
July 8th, 2022 at 12:39:44 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
A strong new jobs report ‘appears to make a mockery of’ the shrinking economy argument

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/is-the-recession-canceled-a-strong-new-jobs-report-appears-to-make-a-mockery-of-the-shrinking-economy-argument/ar-AAZmQGB?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=87f66c0ded8a4646957cd4b31ec3d346
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?