The Amy Schneider thread

Page 10 of 13« First<78910111213>
January 11th, 2022 at 4:34:05 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: rxwine
Both neither. Why not weight classes in other sports? Why is it okay in fighting championships but not in football?

My son was excluded from playing football as a 12 and 13 year old because he was to big to compete against other middle school kids.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
January 12th, 2022 at 4:43:57 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: DRich
My son was excluded from playing football as a 12 and 13 year old because he was to big to compete against other middle school kids.

Did they give him the opportunity to try out for H.S. JV squad, was there not one, or did they say that would be too dangerous for his age?
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 12th, 2022 at 6:09:14 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Mission146
Did they give him the opportunity to try out for H.S. JV squad, was there not one, or did they say that would be too dangerous for his age?

They did offer him to play with the High School kids, he chose not too.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
January 12th, 2022 at 7:42:33 AM permalink
gamerfreak
Threads: 4
my favorite joke that I've heard is that men are so great that we're even better at being women than women are!

Caitlyn Jenner was named Time Magazine Woman of the Year, and she wasn’t even a Woman for the entire year.
January 12th, 2022 at 11:26:16 AM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Quote:
For three years, Thomas had competed for the men’s swimming team at Penn. After undergoing more than two years of hormone replacement therapy, the transgender woman now competes for the school’s women’s team, and her fast times have sparked a debate from the starting blocks to online message boards to cable news networks. Thomas has shattered school records and has posted the fastest times of any female college swimmer in two events this season. She’ll probably be a favorite at the NCAA championships in March, even as people inside and outside the sport debate her place on the pool deck.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2022/01/10/lia-thomas-penn-transgender-swimmer/

The NCAA rules allow that if a man completes at least a year of hormone replacement therapy, then he can compete as a woman. This is so lazy, it's absurd. There is no basis to conclude that hormone therapy can equalize ability. Science is ignored or at best distorted out of fear of not being inclusive enough. When a drug is tested to make sure it is safe for women, it doesn't matter what gender the test subjects identify as, it only maters what sex they are. Athletics should be exactly the same.

My grandfather was an auto mechanic. He used to say how much easier it is for doctors., "One make, two models"
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
January 12th, 2022 at 11:53:37 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
On the other end of the scale, the female to male transgender athletes likely have the opposite issue and place lower than their male colleagues on average in their chosen sport.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 12th, 2022 at 4:04:31 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: gamerfreak
Caitlyn Jenner was named Time Magazine Woman of the Year, and she wasn’t even a Woman for the entire year.

That's how fast we can catch up.

It also takes girls somewhere in the neighborhood of 10-14 years just to get their periods, but when a man decides he is instead a woman, he immediately zips through his child-rearing years and straight into menopause. That's how good at this we are!
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 12th, 2022 at 4:09:36 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: JimRockford
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2022/01/10/lia-thomas-penn-transgender-swimmer/

The NCAA rules allow that if a man completes at least a year of hormone replacement therapy, then he can compete as a woman. This is so lazy, it's absurd. There is no basis to conclude that hormone therapy can equalize ability. Science is ignored or at best distorted out of fear of not being inclusive enough. When a drug is tested to make sure it is safe for women, it doesn't matter what gender the test subjects identify as, it only maters what sex they are. Athletics should be exactly the same.

My grandfather was an auto mechanic. He used to say how much easier it is for doctors., "One make, two models"

It's sure as hell not going to make up the difference in bone mass in that time.

Socially, I'm a person who is pretty naturally inclined to do the most liberal thing...which I basically equate to freedom, when it comes to social issues. I didn't necessarily want to come to this conclusion regarding transgender men-to-women in sports, but it's so simple as to, in my view, be totally undeniable. It's not even about equality, at this point---it's about forcing their emotional beliefs and delusions on others. Equality is you can play any sport you want to, and if you were born with a cock-a-doodle-doo, you can...with the other boys and men.
January 12th, 2022 at 4:11:50 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: rxwine
On the other end of the scale, the female to male transgender athletes likely have the opposite issue and place lower than their male colleagues on average in their chosen sport.

I mean, accepting that women are naturally physically disadvantaged, in sports, when compared to men AND that men's sports tend to be more popular, on average, I don't have a problem with a woman-to-man transgendered person, or just a woman, attempting to play with the boys/men if they want to.

In sports like football, for example, there'd simply be no other path to playing football, for most girls.
January 12th, 2022 at 6:55:38 PM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
It's sure as hell not going to make up the difference in bone mass in that time.

Socially, I'm a person who is pretty naturally inclined to do the most liberal thing...which I basically equate to freedom, when it comes to social issues. I didn't necessarily want to come to this conclusion regarding transgender men-to-women in sports, but it's so simple as to, in my view, be totally undeniable. It's not even about equality, at this point---it's about forcing their emotional beliefs and delusions on others. Equality is you can play any sport you want to, and if you were born with a cock-a-doodle-doo, you can...with the other boys and men.

I agree, it's not a social argument. It's a practical argument based on fairness. In the WaPo article that I linked, Martina Navratilova and Chris Evert are speaking out strongly against the trans swimmer. For those too young to know Evert and Navratilova were monumental women tennis players. I think we need more women athletes to speak up for women's sports with practical arguments that are separate from the culture wars.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
Page 10 of 13« First<78910111213>