Supreme Court strikes down Roe v. Wade?

May 13th, 2022 at 4:56:52 AM permalink
DRich
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 46
Posts: 3999
Quote: missedhervee
Abortion, like cannabis, is the type of an issue that should have the same provisions nationwide, without variation state by state.

Don't leave it to the states: that allows for unequal outcomes based on identical facts.


I think that is ridiculous. I say leave everything up to the states and then people can live in whichever state most resembles their ideals.
We are all going to die, why procrastinate?
May 13th, 2022 at 5:32:23 AM permalink
RonC
Member since: Nov 7, 2012
Threads: 7
Posts: 2113
Quote: DRich
I think that is ridiculous. I say leave everything up to the states and then people can live in whichever state most resembles their ideals.


That is much closer to the Founder’s intent and the actual Constitution than we are in many cases…States are supposed to be similar to individual countries under a limited Federal government.
May 13th, 2022 at 6:05:42 AM permalink
rxwine
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 163
Posts: 15752
Some here had a problem with the state making you wear a mask, but have no problem with the state forcing a woman to stay pregnant and have a baby.

And you didn't even have to get raped first.
Pro-lifer eats meatball with entire human inside without noticing. "Yum Yum", he says.
May 13th, 2022 at 8:19:58 AM permalink
ams288
Member since: Apr 21, 2016
Threads: 23
Posts: 10390
Baby formula shortage. I am LOVING watching these “pro-life” righties argue that infants in the US govt’s care at the border should be denied formula and starve to death.

We all know they’re not really “pro-life.” They prove it over and over again.

What a bunch of monsters.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 13th, 2022 at 8:39:28 AM permalink
DRich
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 46
Posts: 3999
Quote: ams288
Baby formula shortage. I am LOVING watching these “pro-life” righties argue that infants in the US govt’s care at the border should be denied formula and starve to death.

We all know they’re not really “pro-life.” They prove it over and over again.

What a bunch of monsters.


I don't understand the outcry about lack of baby formula. Don't women still carry those two personal cannisters attached to their chest?
We are all going to die, why procrastinate?
May 13th, 2022 at 9:00:18 AM permalink
ams288
Member since: Apr 21, 2016
Threads: 23
Posts: 10390
Quote: DRich
I don't understand the outcry about lack of baby formula. Don't women still carry those two personal cannisters attached to their chest?


I am obviously not the best person to ask on this subject, but I have seen many women online get EXTREMELY angry at the suggestion that they should “just breastfeed” if they can’t get formula.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 13th, 2022 at 12:21:26 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Member since: Oct 23, 2012
Threads: 236
Posts: 6063
Quote: ams288
I am obviously not the best person to ask on this subject, but I have seen many women online get EXTREMELY angry at the suggestion that they should “just breastfeed” if they can’t get formula.


Some women don't lactate well.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
May 13th, 2022 at 1:54:38 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 135
Posts: 17298
Quote: rxwine
Some here had a problem with the state making you wear a mask, but have no problem with the state forcing a woman to stay pregnant and have a baby.

And you didn't even have to get raped first.


If you get raped you would and should have it taken care of immediately, not wait 15 weeks.
The President is a fink.
May 13th, 2022 at 2:14:14 PM permalink
rxwine
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 163
Posts: 15752
Quote: AZDuffman
If you get raped you would and should have it taken care of immediately, not wait 15 weeks.


You didn't like being told to wear a mask that might have helped limit some vulnerable person who couldn't take the vaccine to you if you had been asymptomatic with covid and didn't know it.

Yet you think the state has a right over a woman's choice which is a way more involved life decision.

That's pretty disgusting actually.
Pro-lifer eats meatball with entire human inside without noticing. "Yum Yum", he says.
May 13th, 2022 at 2:39:55 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 135
Posts: 17298
Quote: rxwine
You didn't like being told to wear a mask that might have helped limit some vulnerable person who couldn't take the vaccine to you if you had been asymptomatic with covid and didn't know it.

Yet you think the state has a right over a woman's choice which is a way more involved life decision.

That's pretty disgusting actually.


She has plenty of time to make a choice. what is getting the feminists upset is they want the right to tear a baby to shreds up until the moment of birth.

Infanticide is what is disgusting.
The President is a fink.