2 votes (15.38%)
2 votes (15.38%)
No votes (0%)

13 members have voted

March 12th, 2024 at 11:10:05 AM permalink
GenoDRPh
Threads: 0
Quote: Tanko
The statement makes sense. The policy does not.

'Biden Administration Announces 5-year Work Permits for Asylum Applicants'

Not just asylum seekers. The authorization covers all illegals.

'The Great Replacement Loophole: Illegal Immigrants Score 5-Year Work Benefit While "Waiting" For Deporation, Asylum'

Giving asylum seekers work permits is a sensible thing. They can work and earn their keep, and if they eventually are forced to return home, maybe have a few dineros in their pockets to help themselves upon their return.

The policy isn't for all illegals. Again, the incorrect statement is partially untruthful and makes no sense.
March 12th, 2024 at 11:48:48 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: RonC
So he is an idiot and/or he is knowingly trying to destroy the country while making the rich richer while everyone else is obliviously going deeper and deeper into debt spending on living for the day.

That should work out very well.

I'm glad it is not some weird conspiracy theory.

Just vote for Trump if ya'll don't like it.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 12th, 2024 at 11:53:01 AM permalink
rxwine
I've not sent a single message to any of my representatives about immigration. And I have contacted them about different things. That's how much I care about this issue.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 12th, 2024 at 12:03:22 PM permalink
rxwine
I'm really not sure what Republicans are trying to accomplish with this hearing with the counsel on classified documents today about Biden. The more they hammer Biden, the worse it should be for Trump as well. Maybe that's lost on them.
March 12th, 2024 at 12:05:11 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 12th, 2024 at 12:23:47 PM permalink
Tanko
Quote: GenoDRPh
Giving asylum seekers work permits is a sensible thing. They can work and earn their keep, and if they eventually are forced to return home, maybe have a few dineros in their pockets to help themselves upon their return.

The policy isn't for all illegals. Again, the incorrect statement is partially untruthful and makes no sense.

I would rather those jobs went to native born first.

818,000 fewer native born employed in Feb. 2024 than in Feb. 2023

If you read the second link, you should have seen the policy covers more than asylum seekers. Even those facing deportation.

Refugees for example are those who claim they fled their country due to fear of persecution, generalized violence or other reasons.

Parolees are those illegals who were given permission to temporarily live and work in the US.

The all qualify one way or another.

Refugees (A03);
Noncitizens paroled as refugees (A04) (up to 5 years not to exceed length of parole);
Asylees (A05);
Recipients of withholding of removal (A10);
Applicants for asylum or withholding of removal (C08);
Applicants for adjustment of status (C09); and
Applicants for suspension of deportation or cancellation of removal (C10).
March 12th, 2024 at 12:31:28 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: rxwine
I'm really not sure what Republicans are trying to accomplish with this hearing with the counsel on classified documents today about Biden. The more they hammer Biden, the worse it should be for Trump as well. Maybe that's lost on them.

Too easy...Trump is the subject of every liberal news show, every day. I haven't watched one in recent history (since an actual larger story like the massacre in Israel unfolding) that he wasn't being pilloried by them. There really is nothing the Democrats could say today that hasn't been rehashed a zillion times.

This kind of hearing hurts Biden more than Trump simply because it keeps him in the news in a negative. The one thing Trump may have done--and may be found guilty of at trial that Biden apparently did not do--is obstruction of an investigation. That hardly got any play today because the Democrats insisted on comparing just the issue of mishandling documents. No one had a secured facility based on the security requirements.

NONE of them had the right to keep classified documents in unsecured spaces. It is like a birthing person being pregnant...either you are or you aren't. They all committed that crime. Biden committed it as a Senator and Vice President. Knowingly. He even found the documents and kind of bragged about it...why didn't he turn them in and have a search then?
March 12th, 2024 at 3:18:41 PM permalink
GenoDRPh

818,000 fewer native born employed in Feb. 2024 than in Feb. 2023

If you read the second link, you should have seen the policy covers more than asylum seekers. Even those facing deportation.

Refugees for example are those who claim they fled their country due to fear of persecution, generalized violence or other reasons.

Parolees are those illegals who were given permission to temporarily live and work in the US.

The all qualify one way or another.

Refugees (A03);
Noncitizens paroled as refugees (A04) (up to 5 years not to exceed length of parole);
Asylees (A05);
Recipients of withholding of removal (A10);
Applicants for asylum or withholding of removal (C08);
Applicants for adjustment of status (C09); and
Applicants for suspension of deportation or cancellation of removal (C10).

So what? If they are allowed to stay. even if temporarily until a determination is made on their final disposition, they should be allowed to work. You make it sound like any one who ends up crossing over gets welcomed with a glass of warm milk, cookies and a green card.
March 12th, 2024 at 3:44:49 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: GenoDRPh
So what? If they are allowed to stay. even if temporarily until a determination is made on their final disposition, they should be allowed to work. You make it sound like any one who ends up crossing over gets welcomed with a glass of warm milk, cookies and a green card.

Do you really think that they are going to leave when their time is up?

We'll see how that goes.
March 12th, 2024 at 4:23:21 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

Gee
I don't count???????????
I may not have been born in this country
But
My birth was immediately reported to the US State Dept :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"