Griner swap

Page 4 of 12<1234567>Last »
August 7th, 2022 at 12:01:19 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: missedhervee
Sure, but Biden needs to woo the progressives back, and she's their poster child.

Griner is a spud in a game of political hot potato.

The real joke is Kamala opining how wrong what Russia is doing….. how many THOUSANDS did she put away for MJ use? Would SHE have kowtowed to the Russian Embassy if it was one of theirs???? When you think a Democrat can’t be any more hypocritical, there is an event that proves you wrong.

Agree with terapined that Griner should get the same US embassy assistance as any American criminal caught and convicted of a crime. But on Griner’s side…. If she was just rich and NOT famous she probably would have paid some exorbitant fine and been back in the USA already.
August 7th, 2022 at 1:00:36 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: SOOPOO
The real joke is Kamala opining how wrong what Russia is doing….. how many THOUSANDS did she put away for MJ use? Would SHE have kowtowed to the Russian Embassy if it was one of theirs???? When you think a Democrat can’t be any more hypocritical, there is an event that proves you wrong.

Agree with terapined that Griner should get the same US embassy assistance as any American criminal caught and convicted of a crime. But on Griner’s side…. If she was just rich and NOT famous she probably would have paid some exorbitant fine and been back in the USA already.

For a person that has no power
The attention on Kamala is fascinating
Media and just everybody else pretty much ignored VP's in American history. I love history and can only name recent ones. Who was Coolidge VP. Nobody knows. Only Google knows :-)
They have absolutely zero power
I have absolutely no idea her views are on Greiner
It never ever occurred to me to check
Why should I check, she has no power
It's never in my news feeds
Probably because my news feeds at Google know I consume real news. A VP is only news if they disagree with the President (rare) or are caught up in corruption (Agnew).
It's really fascinating the stories that are much ado about nothing the right follows.

As to Greiner. Thanks for agreeing with me. It's really the only logical conclusion. Give her as much help as any US citizen locked abroad with an excessive sentence gets, which is probably hundreds if not thousands of US prisoners
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 7th, 2022 at 1:31:33 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: terapined
For a person that has no power
The attention on Kamala is fascinating
Media and just everybody else pretty much ignored VP's in American history. I love history and can only name recent ones. Who was Coolidge VP. Nobody knows. Only Google knows :-)
They have absolutely zero power
I have absolutely no idea her views are on Greiner
It never ever occurred to me to check
Why should I check, she has no power
It's never in my news feeds
Probably because my news feeds at Google know I consume real news. A VP is only news if they disagree with the President (rare) or are caught up in corruption (Agnew).
It's really fascinating the stories that are much ado about nothing the right follows.

As to Greiner. Thanks for agreeing with me. It's really the only logical conclusion. Give her as much help as any US citizen locked abroad with an excessive sentence gets, which is probably hundreds if not thousands of US prisoners

Kamala has zero power? She has been the DECIDING vote on how many trillions of dollars of spending bills??? More than all the other Senators/VPs in the history of the USA!!! Plus I mention her abject failures and blatant hypocrisy not so much for now, as she IS the VP and there is nothing I can do about it. I mention it in case the Democrats are dumb enough (certainty possible!) to run her for President.
August 9th, 2022 at 4:40:32 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Kamala has zero power? She has been the DECIDING vote on how many trillions of dollars of spending bills??? More than all the other Senators/VPs in the history of the USA!!! Plus I mention her abject failures and blatant hypocrisy not so much for now, as she IS the VP and there is nothing I can do about it. I mention it in case the Democrats are dumb enough (certainty possible!) to run her for President.

It's very limited power and she has no discretion.
Like I said, VP is only news if she is not loyal to the President. Her vote if needed will be 100% for any Biden policy. Nobody is courting her vote. She is essentially an extension of Bidens power.
I think she would be a Damm good President. Trump set the bar so low :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 9th, 2022 at 4:54:45 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

But at least you do not have to deal with mean tweets!

This is what we warned the "never Trump" wing about.
The President is a fink.
August 10th, 2022 at 12:28:54 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: AZDuffman
But at least you do not have to deal with mean tweets!

This is what we warned the "never Trump" wing about.

You see AZ, I have higher standards than you do. I want a politician with good policies ( that eliminates Biden, Harris, etc) and is a good human (that eliminates Trump). In an election I get to vote for a person, not a slate of positions. Sadly…
August 10th, 2022 at 2:22:30 PM permalink
AZDuffman
You see AZ, I have higher standards than you do. I want a politician with good policies ( that eliminates Biden, Harris, etc) and is a good human (that eliminates Trump). In an election I get to vote for a person, not a slate of positions. Sadly…

Have you ever had to hire people for anything? You have the requirements, but nobody who meets them all ever shows up. You have to compromise. Often you have to say to yourself that you do not like the person but boy do they get the job done.

At my age I more want results than some polished guy who looks good. BTW, if you want "good humans" you will have a hard time, they really do not exist in politics.
The President is a fink.
August 11th, 2022 at 2:30:03 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Have you ever had to hire people for anything? You have the requirements, but nobody who meets them all ever shows up. You have to compromise. Often you have to say to yourself that you do not like the person but boy do they get the job done.

At my age I more want results than some polished guy who looks good. BTW, if you want "good humans" you will have a hard time, they really do not exist in politics.

I hired anesthesiologists for just short of 30 years. None were perfect, but all weee adequate. Some objectively were probably better than me. I’ve lobbied politicians for 30 years as well. There were certainly a few bad ones, but many good people as well. My favorite interactions tended to be with those that disagreed with me, but understood my points, and could explain their points coherently. And not treat me like the enemy. No one hates Biden’s policies that have come to play during this failed administration more than I do, but I believe deep down he is a good person wanting to do what is right.
August 12th, 2022 at 10:38:13 AM permalink
AZDuffman
I hired anesthesiologists for just short of 30 years. None were perfect, but all weee adequate. Some objectively were probably better than me. I’ve lobbied politicians for 30 years as well. There were certainly a few bad ones, but many good people as well. My favorite interactions tended to be with those that disagreed with me, but understood my points, and could explain their points coherently. And not treat me like the enemy. No one hates Biden’s policies that have come to play during this failed administration more than I do, but I believe deep down he is a good person wanting to do what is right.

Good people do not make politics their life’s work. The Hunter thing alone makes me consider the Biden family crooked.

But here is the thing. Do you prefer someone you like but with policies you hate or someone you do not like but policies you do?

General Patton was not liked but his men liked being under him because he was a great leader of men. But he could not play politics.
The President is a fink.
August 12th, 2022 at 4:11:52 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51

But here is the thing. Do you prefer someone you like but with policies you hate or someone you do not like but policies you do?

I would phrase it slightly different. Do you prefer a president that you mostly disagree with their politics or a president that is a moron that you mostly agree with their politics?

I will take the non-moron every time.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
Page 4 of 12<1234567>Last »