Griner swap

Page 9 of 12« First<6789101112>
December 10th, 2022 at 12:55:24 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: rquiredusername
That is just patently false. She’s always been most famous for being the women’s basketball player who semi regularly dunks in games going back a decade or so now. Had never heard of the national anthem thing before your post.

Then again you’re most well known for labeling anyone who isn’t a bootlicker or has concerns about a surveillance state anti-American.

Absolutely agree
I actually had no idea about her regarding the National anthem. I 1st heard of her at Baylor. She was the most dominant player in NCAA Womens basketball. I followed her college career because if MD women had a chance for a National, had to go through her.
After college, I heard she won a WNBA championship.
That's about it
I only heard about her National Anthem issue yesterday

Is there a list of people that don't stand for the anthem. How do I get on that list :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 10th, 2022 at 1:03:41 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: terapined
Yup
Alternate facts are not facts

You are half way there TP. Once you learn to tell the difference you will realize what is really going on in the world. I will help you along with a hint, don't accept anything the government feeds you at face value.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
December 10th, 2022 at 1:28:18 PM permalink
rquiredusername
Threads: 0
Absolutely agree
I actually had no idea about her regarding the National anthem. I 1st heard of her at Baylor. She was the most dominant player in NCAA Womens basketball. I followed her college career because if MD women had a chance for a National, had to go through her.
After college, I heard she won a WNBA championship.
That's about it
I only heard about her National Anthem issue yesterday

Is there a list of people that don't stand for the anthem. How do I get on that list :-)

I don’t know. You’ll have to ask the guy who spends an inordinate amount of time trying to label fellow Americans as anti-American. I’m sure he would have considered MLK anti-American if he went back in the DeLorean.
December 10th, 2022 at 1:45:45 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: kenarman
You are half way there TP. Once you learn to tell the difference you will realize what is really going on in the world. I will help you along with a hint, don't accept anything the government feeds you at face value.

Gee
Furin Cleavage
Who should I listen too on something I don't have the foggiest idea what it is
Listen to Kernamen. No because he's not an expert
The Govt. Of course not. No explanation needed :-)
MSM. Of course not. It's the eyeball business
Right wing news. Still the eyeball business but for Trumpers
Tyler Durden. Lol
Dr Soopoo. If he says he knows about it then a soft yes.
Wikipedia that gathers facts from experts. A hard yes
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furin
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 10th, 2022 at 2:26:59 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Gee
Furin Cleavage
Who should I listen too on something I don't have the foggiest idea what it is
Listen to Kernamen. No because he's not an expert
The Govt. Of course not. No explanation needed :-)
MSM. Of course not. It's the eyeball business
Right wing news. Still the eyeball business but for Trumpers
Tyler Durden. Lol
Dr Soopoo. If he says he knows about it then a soft yes.
Wikipedia that gathers facts from experts. A hard yes
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furin

There is nothing in your Wiki article that discusses how the Furin Cleavage site might have come about in the Covid virus. You might as well have sent me to the Wiki site on apples for all it brings to this discussion.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
December 10th, 2022 at 3:40:04 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Poor Uncle Joe is catching a lot of flak for swapping an arms dealer for a progressive lesbian.

But what choice did he have"

Joe simply had to give SOMETHING to placate the progressives in his party, and this hit all the right buzz words (progressive, gay, black, female).

Clearly a sop but what's done is done.
December 10th, 2022 at 3:56:06 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Absolutely agree
I actually had no idea about her regarding the National anthem. I 1st heard of her at Baylor. She was the most dominant player in NCAA Womens basketball.

Me either. Obviously I remember her from Baylor but I don't watch WNBA.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
December 12th, 2022 at 8:42:53 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: missedhervee
Poor Uncle Joe is catching a lot of flak for swapping an arms dealer for a progressive lesbian.

But what choice did he have"

Joe simply had to give SOMETHING to placate the progressives in his party, and this hit all the right buzz words (progressive, gay, black, female).

Clearly a sop but what's done is done.

People are not upset that he tried to get an American out (some could argue that is the Federal Government's primary job), but are upset with the trade.

Essentially giving up one of the most strategic assets in modern military history for an athlete who is most famous for bashing America.

(Some are also upset about the order that Griner was put on top of people who have been in Russia for longer periods and arrested with less/no evidence of a crime).
December 12th, 2022 at 10:06:43 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: Gandler

Essentially giving up one of the most strategic assets in modern military history for an athlete who is most famous for bashing America.

This is news to me
I I really know about her is her college and pro career before Russia.
Are you equating freedom not to stand for the flag as bashing America????????????
When I was in school in the early 70s, blacks in school did not stand for the pledge.
I viewed them as exercising a right
If not, how exactly did she bash America
Being honest????????
My mother was honest about racism in this country directed at her but she still loved this country
Can you explain what "bashing America" is ??????????
When I hear the term bashing America, I think of Putin or Xi speaking

Countries that value freedom and humanity always get ripped off in these trades. Seen the trades Israel makes?
December 12th, 2022 at 10:37:39 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
This is news to me
I I really know about her is her college and pro career before Russia.
Are you equating freedom not to stand for the flag as bashing America????????????
When I was in school in the early 70s, blacks in school did not stand for the pledge.
I viewed them as exercising a right
If not, how exactly did she bash America
Being honest????????
My mother was honest about racism in this country directed at her but she still loved this country
Can you explain what "bashing America" is ??????????
When I hear the term bashing America, I think of Putin or Xi speaking

Countries that value freedom and humanity always get ripped off in these trades. Seen the trades Israel makes?

It's like when somebody who spends years bashing their parents, call their parents for money help when their car breaks down knowing that their parents will have to borrow money from the mafia to help them.

But, really that is not the biggest issue, even though people have been hyperfocusing on it, we traded probably one of, if not the, most strategic military resources in recent history for an athlete. Russia won this trade.

Don't take my word for it, look up Bout's history, he is both as impressive (his military and intelligence background and education), and terrifying (what he did with his skills), as it gets, it's hard to get much worse. And, we gave him up for a sports celebrity. Russia won this round.

And, yes I would feel the same way about the most patriotic mainstream athlete.
Page 9 of 12« First<6789101112>