4 members have voted

February 23rd, 2023 at 12:40:50 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: terapined
Roevember aint just coming
Its here every cycle

Let’s look at facts.

How many elections for Senator/Congressman just happened in 2022? 450 or so. You realize Republicans won a MAJORITY of them? You can say midterm/gerrymandering/voter suppression all you want. (Just like (loser) Republicans use ‘stolen election’ stupidity. Please at least acknowledge that MORE Republicans were elected than Democrats!

I agree with you, that Roevember helps Dems and hurts Repubs. If it wasn’t for ROEvember there would have been more of a shift to Republican/conservative electees.

If you are paying attention the House Speaker is not named Hakeem Jeffries.
February 23rd, 2023 at 12:43:28 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Didn't you say they were going to win the House, Senate and have a net gain in state governorships?
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
February 23rd, 2023 at 12:53:04 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: Mission146
Didn't you say they were going to win the House, Senate and have a net gain in state governorships?

If you are asking me, I honestly can’t remember my predictions as they have changed many times during the election cycle. I was more confident of ‘generic Republican’ over ‘generic Democrat’ in Senate races, but the Republicans nominated two of the worst candidates in history, in Walker and Oz.
I think baggage free candidates with an R would have beaten Warnock and Fetterman.

They did win the House, with a few races to spare.

If I made a governorship prediction I was probably wrong. Nominating the newscaster from Arizona didn’t help.

And to be clear, my predictions are not anything more than (sometimes) educated guesses. But I’m usually willing to bet on them, more than can be said for many spewing here!
February 23rd, 2023 at 1:04:52 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: SOOPOO
If you are asking me, I honestly can’t remember my predictions as they have changed many times during the election cycle. I was more confident of ‘generic Republican’ over ‘generic Democrat’ in Senate races, but the Republicans nominated two of the worst candidates in history, in Walker and Oz.
I think baggage free candidates with an R would have beaten Warnock and Fetterman.

They did win the House, with a few races to spare.

If I made a governorship prediction I was probably wrong. Nominating the newscaster from Arizona didn’t help.

And to be clear, my predictions are not anything more than (sometimes) educated guesses. But I’m usually willing to bet on them, more than can be said for many spewing here!

I believe we had discussed Governorships and I found you overconfident, in addition to what you mentioned.

I think you had Republican wins in Oregon, Kansas and maybe Arizona? As I recall, and I could be wrong, I couldn't understand why you had that opinion on the Kansas race. In Oregon, as I recall, I felt that your hope the GOP would win counted on polling support for the Independent candidate, who would be pulling votes (mostly) from the Democratic nominee, to be consistent with votes for the Independent---and I knew it wouldn't be.

Lake, in Arizona, wasn't a particularly good choice, similar to the Senate races you mention above. That race wouldn't have even been close, except she was going up against someone who spent most of her time in, "Basement, Undisclosed City," and would only occasionally pop her head out if she was assured that Lake wasn't within 1,000 feet of her. Honestly, Lake probably could have won just by talking less.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
March 13th, 2023 at 12:40:51 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/21-south-carolina-gop-lawmakers-propose-death-penalty-for-women-who-have-abortions/ar-AA18zlX7?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=c85577c90ad44dfcae49df3b25d8606c&ei=16
21 South Carolina GOP Lawmakers Propose Death Penalty for Women Who Have Abortions

The right and left have extremists
but
The right wing extremists are a much larger number and a serious problem because they are exercising extremist power
Roevember is every November :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 13th, 2023 at 1:28:48 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/21-south-carolina-gop-lawmakers-propose-death-penalty-for-women-who-have-abortions/ar-AA18zlX7?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=c85577c90ad44dfcae49df3b25d8606c&ei=16
21 South Carolina GOP Lawmakers Propose Death Penalty for Women Who Have Abortions

The right and left have extremists
but
The right wing extremists are a much larger number and a serious problem because they are exercising extremist power
Roevember is every November :-)

If we just implemented a death penalty for all women the abortion issue would go away.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
March 13th, 2023 at 4:40:56 PM permalink
terapined
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 13th, 2023 at 6:05:23 PM permalink
SOOPOO

I can see how someone could feel that way. I can also see a similar button, just changing the word ‘Democrat’ to ‘Republican’.

Frankly, it’s not hard to find ‘nuts’ examples with a D or an R.
March 13th, 2023 at 8:08:00 PM permalink
terapined

I can see how someone could feel that way. I can also see a similar button, just changing the word ‘Democrat’ to ‘Republican’.

What about legislation
Anti transgender bills being passed left and right. Why do we have this nanny state regarding transgenders.
Shouldn't families have freedom. Why all the hate
What about the anti drag bills being passed.
I read the SB03 bill in TN
It's absurd what's criminal now.
Dressing in drag in public is essentially illegal
It's absurd and anti freedom
FL passing a law allowing DeSantis to spend millions to transport illegals from TX to MA.
That's wasteful spending of tax dollars.
It's absurd law after absurd law
Is there anything in the Dem world as absurd
There isn't any.
Reparations is dead in the water.
No police dept is currently being defunded
We keep our extremists in check. The right is run by extremists
March 14th, 2023 at 8:15:07 AM permalink
SOOPOO

What about legislation
Anti transgender bills being passed left and right. Why do we have this nanny state regarding transgenders.
Shouldn't families have freedom. Why all the hate
What about the anti drag bills being passed.
I read the SB03 bill in TN
It's absurd what's criminal now.
Dressing in drag in public is essentially illegal
It's absurd and anti freedom
FL passing a law allowing DeSantis to spend millions to transport illegals from TX to MA.
That's wasteful spending of tax dollars.
It's absurd law after absurd law
Is there anything in the Dem world as absurd
There isn't any.
Reparations is dead in the water.
No police dept is currently being defunded
We keep our extremists in check. The right is run by extremists

I’m pretty sure there are ‘dress’ restrictions in every state. You think you can walk with just a hat and sneakers in downtown Chicago?
I’m in favor of protections for trans people against harassment. Against discrimination in general. Just not in the sporting world. And I don’t think you can just call yourself trans and magically be trans. The balls and penis in a girl’s locker room concept.
I read on my Yahoo feed about reparations attempts at almost a daily level. Heck, Pete Buttigieg who is a mainstream Democrat presidential hopeful is for reparations!

The right is being run today by McCarthy and McConnell. Extremists? I will agree with you that at least today, Biden does a better job of keeping his underling extremists in check than the Republicans do.