Sex Change Impossibility Theory

March 31st, 2023 at 4:44:24 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Quote: SOOPOO
Some people are born with gigantic noses. That’s a fact. Some opt for surgery to change that. People are born with the ability to reproduce. Some opt to change that (vasectomy, tubal ligation). Some women are born with small breasts and opt to change that. It’s all because the mind of that person has decided there is something that can be done to mold the body into something the person desires.

Directly analogous to people who want surgery to look like the opposite sex. Of course genetically (chromosome XX or XY) they don’t change their gender. But so what? If it works to improve their life, or even if they think it will improve their life, as a consenting, informed adult they should be allowed to do so.

I agree that if you are not deemed competent by society to have an alcoholic beverage you should not be deemed competent to consent to sex reassignment surgery.
I have mixed feelings on whether state funded medical insurance should pay for these adult surgeries, leaning towards the no.

And remember, many of these people are extremely troubled in many ways. They will have higher rates of depression/suicide than the general population regardless of whether they get the surgery or not.

You say that gender dysphoria should be treated with psychotherapy. Can you link me one source showing the success rate of such? (Not disagreeing that it shouldn’t be tried first…)

A study for 430 people in Germany.

This likely is not what you want, but I'll continue to search.

It appears 1/3 could be candidates related to your question but the 2/3 appear to be successful.

I might come back to your post later and pick at it.

-----------------------------

Psychotherapy and transsexualism

K. Seikowski

25 October 2007
Summary
It was found that two-thirds of all transsexuals do not require deeper psychotherapy. However, there was evidence of personality deficits in a subgroup of transsexuals for whom supportive psychotherapy should be recommended.
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/j.1439-0272.2007.00796.x

-----------------------------
March 31st, 2023 at 5:36:47 AM permalink
DoubleGold
I love my life. But I do many things that if my sole mission was to keep living I’d be failing that mission. I had amazing chicken wings last night. I play rigorous basketball at my advanced age. I’ll drive when the roads are icy. I’m flying to a foreign country in a few days.

It’s not up to you to determine the risk another adult wants to take, as long as it doesn’t endanger others (like drunk driving, as an example).

Where did you get I want to "determine the risk another adult wants to take"?
March 31st, 2023 at 5:43:31 AM permalink
DoubleGold
You realize NO ONE disagrees with you that surgeons don’t change the genetic makeup of the cells? That the surgeons are doing what the patient WANTS? That’s what surgeons DO! They discuss the risks/benefits of a procedure, then it’s up to the patient to decide if they want to proceed. In actuality, ONLY the patient can decide how much benefit is possible. The surgeon can best explain the risk (infection, graft failure, anesthetic complication). It’s the same concept for a nose job or boob job. You think DoubleGold should be able to prevent those as well?

I gotta leave this thread for a while. Getting too frustrated again!

What it looks like according to the MSM articles, the medical profession, and the current transgender political movement, is patients that are getting surgically operated on are getting bamboozled for money based upon biased data.

Is any of your income derived from patients that suffer gender dysphoria?
March 31st, 2023 at 6:01:05 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: odiousgambit
American Academy of Physician Assistants, a certain caucus within:

The Lesbian Bisexual Gay & Transgender PA (LBGT PA) Caucus Good grief!

I'm guessing Ed was all for this.

https://transhealthproject.org/resources/medical-organization-statements/american-academy-physician-assistants/

Not activists
They are simply supporting freedom
Freedom fighters
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 31st, 2023 at 6:18:20 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Quote: Mission146
Life, in and of itself, is irrelevant.

Explain to me why the existence of human beings is absolutely necessary.

All of your premises are flawed.

Life for human beings is not "absolutely necessary", but in order to be selfish (while the soul is in the body), it's mandatory.

So freedom, happiness, and all other selfish desires are secondary to maintaining and preserving physical life.

In other words, if the attempted suicide rate for young transgenders is 40%, there's no need to be primarily concerned with secondary selfish desires, because they become obsolete if a person dies.
March 31st, 2023 at 6:33:43 AM permalink
DoubleGold
No, I don't care.

If they want to be trans, then they can be trans. If they want to kill themselves, then they can kill themselves. I don't believe in God and most certainly do not see myself as God to tell people what they should or should not do.

Here's what I wrote for reference:

http://diversitytomorrow.com/thread/3788/2/#post200038

I used the word "condoning" not "tell".

Where did you get the word "tell"?

I'm curious though.

Why do you not care if another person dies (as in high attempted suicide rate of transgender youth)?
March 31st, 2023 at 8:03:03 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: DoubleGold
In particular I find the female-to-male-transitioned to be ridiculously short of what is a real man ... in the very few cases I might be acquainted with such. Just strike me as a young boy.

Then, in the case of the Nashville maniac, maybe they just pick up the worst traits of the sex and leave wanting the rest?

"distinguished service professor" has to be a new term for professor emeritus, of course this shows that the professors who have to worry about their jobs have to keep their mouths shut

With the Nashville person, there were some before and after images circulating.

She appeared to be very attractive before and very confused after her conversion.

The conservative Christian psychiatrist got hammered by MSM for claiming it's a mental issue.

--------------------------

Distinguished Professorship: A Life-Changing Distinction

https://salarship.com/article/distinguished-professor/

-------------------------

She killed six people.  How is anything NOT a mental issue?
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
March 31st, 2023 at 8:05:01 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Life for human beings is not "absolutely necessary", but in order to be selfish (while the soul is in the body), it's mandatory.

So freedom, happiness, and all other selfish desires are secondary to maintaining and preserving physical life.

In other words, if the attempted suicide rate for young transgenders is 40%, there's no need to be primarily concerned with secondary selfish desires, because they become obsolete if a person dies.

I agree that they become obsolete if the person dies. I accept that one must physically be alive in order to do all of the other stuff you said. You still have failed to attempt to answer why life has inherent value or why the continued propagation of the human race is a worthy goal unto itself.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
March 31st, 2023 at 8:06:27 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Here's what I wrote for reference:

http://diversitytomorrow.com/thread/3788/2/#post200038

I used the word "condoning" not "tell".

Where did you get the word "tell"?

I'm curious though.

Why do you not care if another person dies (as in high attempted suicide rate of transgender youth)?

Do you care every time someone dies? A ton of people die, every single day, why should I care about one category of people over others?
March 31st, 2023 at 9:54:17 AM permalink
DoubleGold
In particular I find the female-to-male-transitioned to be ridiculously short of what is a real man ... in the very few cases I might be acquainted with such. Just strike me as a young boy.

Then, in the case of the Nashville maniac, maybe they just pick up the worst traits of the sex and leave wanting the rest?

"distinguished service professor" has to be a new term for professor emeritus, of course this shows that the professors who have to worry about their jobs have to keep their mouths shut

With the Nashville person, there were some before and after images circulating.

She appeared to be very attractive before and very confused after her conversion.

The conservative Christian psychiatrist got hammered by MSM for claiming it's a mental issue.

--------------------------

Distinguished Professorship: A Life-Changing Distinction

https://salarship.com/article/distinguished-professor/

-------------------------

She killed six people.  How is anything NOT a mental issue?

The psychiatrist believes in providing psychotherapy as the solution for patients considering changing sexes and not the physical changing of sexes by a surgeon.

A mental solution instead of a physical body solution.

I should have been more clear.