Random Thought of the Day

March 3rd, 2021 at 12:08:53 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I don't think I read a single comic when I reached high school. I saw a comic book store my first year in college and bought one more comic. This one.

It wasn't as good as it looks.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 3rd, 2021 at 2:39:31 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Evenbob
You never lusted after Betty
and Veronica? Too bad..
The hot chicks were in the Sears catalogs.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
March 13th, 2021 at 10:50:01 PM permalink
rxwine
Apparently with an app and some electrical tape you can turn your iphone into a geiger counter.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 22nd, 2021 at 12:09:32 PM permalink
rxwine
Q: What happened to the Noise Abatement Society, so influential in the 1960s?

A: THE SOCIETY was so successful that nothing has been heard of it since the 1970s.
March 23rd, 2021 at 7:08:51 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
I was reading something and came across a description of an organization as being "a queer feminist wellness collective".

So I'm thinking I can get mad at the far right again, and maybe let you guys know too. What a disgusting attack! I don't just take one side. Why, I was even getting a little bit mad, the impudence of those Neanderthals! Let me at 'em! The nerve! I'll tear 'em from limb to limb!

turns out this organization, 'Body Politic', has this as a self-description, check it out. They are influential in promoting "patient led research" and it seems they originated the idea that there is such a thing as "long Covid" https://www.wearebodypolitic.com/
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
March 23rd, 2021 at 11:49:12 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: SOOPOO
Was at Wegman's yesterday.

Wegman's has 18 stores in Pennsylvania, while Weis Markets has 117 stores. A wegman's store on average has 5X the revenue of Weis, but the prices seem a lot higher. Wegman's seems like a food wonderland, but you get tired of paying so much money.
March 25th, 2021 at 11:30:45 AM permalink
rxwine
There’s a Reddit thread about what men didn’t know until they lived with a woman.

This one...

Quote:
An innocent cleaning excursion in the right circumstances will lead to a full-on reorganization of all the dang furniture in the house, if you're not careful."

...I learned early on from my mother. Still have the same question. “ What’s wrong with the way the furniture is arranged, and why am I the one who has to move it about?
March 25th, 2021 at 6:38:42 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: rxwine
There’s a Reddit thread about what men didn’t know until they lived with a woman.

This one...

...I learned early on from my mother. Still have the same question. “ What’s wrong with the way the furniture is arranged, and why am I the one who has to move it about?

My wife wants me to move the pool table. She has no idea how involved that is. Besides the 1,200 pound three piece slate having to be removed, leveling it takes many hours and putting the felt back on is tedious. I have a friend that sells pool tables and even with the friend discount he will charge me $275.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
March 25th, 2021 at 7:38:12 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: DRich
My wife wants me to move the pool table. She has no idea how involved that is. Besides the 1,200 pound three piece slate having to be removed, leveling it takes many hours and putting the felt back on is tedious. I have a friend that sells pool tables and even with the friend discount he will charge me $275.
It's worth every penny of that.
March 25th, 2021 at 8:56:34 PM permalink
petroglyph
https://nationalinterest.org/feature/coming-demographic-collapse-china-180960

"The Coming Demographic Collapse of China
China this century is on track to experience history’s most d'ramatic demographic collapse in the absence of war or disease. "

China will have a smaller population than the US?