Random Thought of the Day

February 6th, 2022 at 10:54:05 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
For some reason I was dehydrated this morning and drank a lot of water. I'm always surprised that it makes me pee right away, yet I am still thirsty and need to drink more. The notion that your body would need the water in your body tissues generally and would skip all that urination at first is clearly wrong. I guess it means that kidney function is always top priority, and if you're dehydrated, they're given even more priority.

Kind of remarkable to experience. It's as if there's a direct shunt from the stomach to the bladder that opens up LOL
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
February 6th, 2022 at 10:59:05 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
I also note that running warm water over my hands, e.g. washing them in the sink, often triggers the urge to urinate.

Isn't there a belief that you can make someone pee the bed by placing their sleeping hand in warm water?
February 6th, 2022 at 11:36:21 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: missedhervee
I also note that running warm water over my hands, e.g. washing them in the sink, often triggers the urge to urinate.

Isn't there a belief that you can make someone pee the bed by placing their sleeping hand in warm water?
dunno, but just hearing the sound of running water can make you want to go, may depend on the individual.

I hate needing to go when using the gas pump, that sound will do it to me. If I really have to go bad enough, I head to the john before pumping !
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
February 6th, 2022 at 1:49:49 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Is anyone following the woke ousting of Joe Rogan? https://www.zerohedge.com/political/rogan-apologizes-using-n-word-spotify-removes-113-jre-episodes-no-explanation

Will this be the termination of a hundred million dollar player for words spoken out of context a decade ago? Is this what the public wants? In the article that one of our members will hate, JB mentions the word that will not be mentioned or else. But no one cares. What do they have against Joe?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
February 6th, 2022 at 2:32:17 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: petroglyph
Is anyone following the woke ousting of Joe Rogan? https://www.zerohedge.com/political/rogan-apologizes-using-n-word-spotify-removes-113-jre-episodes-no-explanation

Will this be the termination of a hundred million dollar player for words spoken out of context a decade ago? Is this what the public wants? In the article that one of our members will hate, JB mentions the word that will not be mentioned or else. But no one cares. What do they have against Joe?

I heard about this but don't really care.
I don't listen to Rogan
I don't listen to Spotify
I have access to tons of music
I use Mxler or other free apps if I want streaming music
Yea, I don't really care.
What I don't get
If Rogan is so big, why use Spotify?
Use your own website. There is no censorship on your own website
It's just an audio file to download.
Go the wizard route and control your destiny.
Spotify has the same rights as the Wizard
The Wizard can nuke with no reason
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 6th, 2022 at 3:42:00 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: terapined
I heard about this but don't really care.
I don't listen to Rogan
I don't listen to Spotify
I have access to tons of music
I use Mxler or other free apps if I want streaming music
Yea, I don't really care.
What I don't get
If Rogan is so big, why use Spotify?
Use your own website. There is no censorship on your own website
It's just an audio file to download.
Go the wizard route and control your destiny.
Spotify has the same rights as the Wizard
The Wizard can nuke with no reason
I don't listen to him intentionally, I've seen him a few times while surfing. Just a point of interest that some guy, that was a blogger [I guess] and an mmj participant, ends up getting a hundred million dollar contract. That amazes me. A couple of times he was hosting one person or another I wanted to see. But I don't follow him at all. I thought I'd throw it out here, looked like our circle needed some targets? I do find it amazing that there is so much money floating around out there, that this guy can get a hundred million bucks. And someone else apparently was angered enough by whatever it is that he says to put up enough of a stink, that he may get canned? What a weird world that I don't seem to be that attached to.
February 7th, 2022 at 4:13:19 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I don't listen to him intentionally, I've seen him a few times while surfing. Just a point of interest that some guy, that was a blogger [I guess] and an mmj participant, ends up getting a hundred million dollar contract. That amazes me. A couple of times he was hosting one person or another I wanted to see. But I don't follow him at all. I thought I'd throw it out here, looked like our circle needed some targets? I do find it amazing that there is so much money floating around out there, that this guy can get a hundred million bucks. And someone else apparently was angered enough by whatever it is that he says to put up enough of a stink, that he may get canned? What a weird world that I don't seem to be that attached to.

It's much ado about nothing
Joe Rogan can choose to work for himself and keep all his freedom of speech rights
Instead he takes money to practice his speech in somebody else's house.
You choose to go into somebody's house, their rules. You have no right to speech in somebody's house
The house owner can choose to let him speak or shut him up.
The wizards house, wizards rules
Spotify no different
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 8th, 2022 at 1:04:40 AM permalink
petroglyph
Anyone remember when people in the US were upset about selling our harbors and ports to the Chinese?

https://tnc.news/2022/02/06/liberals-say-chinese-takeover-of-canadian-lithium-company-poses-no-risks/
February 14th, 2022 at 2:27:28 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Anyone remember when people in the US were upset about selling our harbors and ports to the Chinese?

https://tnc.news/2022/02/06/liberals-say-chinese-takeover-of-canadian-lithium-company-poses-no-risks/

Since it is all the rage to keep changing the names of things now I have a change that should be made. Common Sense should be renamed Uncommon Sense since there is so little of it now.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
February 14th, 2022 at 5:59:51 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: kenarman
Common Sense should be renamed Uncommon Sense since there is so little of it now.

That is oh so true as to the republicans.