What Movies Have You Seen Lately?

November 3rd, 2018 at 10:55:09 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: terapined
Hmm,
Added edit
Did not see it, checked out youtube
25 min set and they only did the 1st 2 min of Bohemian Rhapsody before moving on to Radio Gaga

No, you found it. They had to put together a 20 minute set as told in their pre-concert interview.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 3rd, 2018 at 11:12:55 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
The Live Aid concert is Freddy Mercury at the absolute top of his game. I wasn't that much of a Queen fan until after the live aid concert. I still watch Radio Gaga from the concert on a regular basis.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
November 3rd, 2018 at 11:17:58 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Unless my memory is getting worse than thought, in the movie they cut out Crazy Little Thing Called Love and We Will Rock you from the Live Aid Performance. I didn't even know Freddy played the guitar before watching the real performance.

As a bit of trivia, I believe that Lady Gaga chose her name from the song Radio Gaga.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
November 3rd, 2018 at 12:23:03 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Wizard
Here it is. In the movie they ran that scene almost the full way. They also had some great shots of the crowd, that looked like they were taken from a drone, but I doubt that technology existed in 1985.

Good set
but
to only play the 1st 2 min of Bohemian Rhapsody and cut the rest out is sacrilegious.
Its a masterpiece, play the whole dam thing.
That's why I prefer full shows, due to time constraints at these massive festivals, they edit their own songs. uggh
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 3rd, 2018 at 3:14:43 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Good set
but
to only play the 1st 2 min of Bohemian Rhapsody and cut the rest out is sacrilegious.
Its a masterpiece, play the whole dam thing.

I agree. The third song they played I never of before and could have done without it.

As long as Queen was okay with playing half of BR, they should have suggested the radio stations do that in the scene about the three-minute time limit.

A bit off topic, but has anyone else noticed it is common for radio stations to cut out parts of songs? They do it so you can't tell unless you know the song very well and can detect the omission.
November 3rd, 2018 at 3:59:55 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
There is frequently a "radio cut" and a "LP cut" for the longer songs.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
November 3rd, 2018 at 4:01:31 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

As long as Queen was okay with playing half of BR

And for the 2nd half of the song, this little girl that's too cute
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 3rd, 2018 at 5:10:40 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189

She's start's the "head banging" which leads me to believe she's been watching the Wayne's World version.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 3rd, 2018 at 5:45:26 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
A bit off topic, but has anyone else noticed it is common for radio stations to cut out parts of songs?

They still play music? I haven't listened
to anything but talk radio since the
mid 80's.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 3rd, 2018 at 6:28:55 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator

She can sing much better than I can.