May 14th, 2015 at 10:25:28 AM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: Evenbob
It was the Christian
ethic to wipe out the heathens and use the
land for whatever they wanted. This is news
to you?

What biased history book did you get this from and why are you saying this is a Christian ethic. The opposite of the Christian ethic more like it.

Quote:
You just refuse to understand atheism. It's
antireligionism that you're talking about,
not atheism.

Another nice doge and excuse, don't know if I've heard that made up distinction before. I am glad to hear that you at least see the horrific result of antireligionism.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
May 14th, 2015 at 12:30:40 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: FrGamble
don't know if I've heard that made up distinction before. I am glad to hear that you at least see the horrific result of antireligionism.

Antireligion is separate and distinct from atheism.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 14th, 2015 at 8:01:36 PM permalink
FrGamble
So it is antireligionism that is the big problem of the 20th century? I can go with that.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
May 14th, 2015 at 8:17:25 PM permalink
Evenbob
So it is antireligionism that is the big problem of the 20th century? I can go with that.

Antireligion is an actual word. Just because
a leader is antireligion, that doesn't mean
his people are. It's why thousands of churches
still existed in Russia when the gov't was burning
them down. The people wanted the churches,
or they would have burned them themselves.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 14th, 2015 at 8:26:02 PM permalink
FrGamble
Of course people wanted their Churches, I don't get your point here.
May 14th, 2015 at 8:51:42 PM permalink
Evenbob
Of course people wanted their Churches, I don't get your point here.

That you can't paint a country a certain
way just because the leaders were antireligion.
Having an antireligious leader doesn't
mean the country is that way.
May 14th, 2015 at 8:56:55 PM permalink
FrGamble
Okay, I don't think I was trying to paint a whole country as evil, just because its antireligious leader was.
May 14th, 2015 at 9:13:13 PM permalink
Evenbob
Okay, I don't think I was trying to paint a whole country as evil, just because its antireligious leader was.

You keep talking about all the death
in the 20th century due to atheist
govt's. Just because the gov't was
antireligious, that doesn't mean those
fighting the actual war were. In fact,
they were not. You make it sound like
it was an atheist war, when it was for
power, just like every other war.
May 14th, 2015 at 9:29:01 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Christianity doesn't work?!?

Not for those who enjoy living.

But I'm on vacation and don't have to deal with this nonsense right now :D

BTW, though I haven't done well in bubble craps and Pai Gow Poker, I've hit the nickels (ie 5 cent, ie $0.05) Loose Deuces machine at the D once for a natural royal flush and three (3) times for 4 deuces :D I've also hit the Hanes store at the Outlet Mall so hard they should put my picture up at the shapewear section (well, hell. If you find a fantastic undergarment which solves a major problem and is relatively comfortable, and then you learn you got it for $16 because it's being discontinued, what are you supposed to do?)

I've also been working :D I've managed almost 3,000 words of "Ours" in a few hours yesterday. It's amazing what I can do if I'm not tired from work, can get enough sleep and do just a little exercise.

Lastly I'm reading Dr. Barbara Mertz's book "Red Land Black Land," about life in ancient Egypt. It's very good reading.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
May 15th, 2015 at 10:47:14 AM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: Nareed
Not for those who enjoy living.

Christianity works for those who want to live life to the fullest and who don't enjoy dying.