Original Sin?

June 11th, 2017 at 11:02:55 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: FrGamble
You keep trying to say this but you can't escape the fact that you as an atheist believe there is no God. I would want to distance myself from such a false idea.

I also don't believe there are unicorns,
elves, fairies, angels, space men, Santa,
Leprechaun's, faith healers, the list of
what I don't believe is endless. Why
should god be prioritized on the list
for me just because it's one of your
beliefs.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 11th, 2017 at 11:09:33 AM permalink
Evenbob
If God did not exist than every expert would be wrong all the time

Exactly. Thank you for getting it right.

Quote:
provide for me proof and/or evidence that there is no God.

No matter how many times this false argument
is explained to you, it doesn't matter. You go back
to it because it's all you have. You are stuck, you
are the one making the statement that god exists,
100% of the burden of evidence lays on your head.
If you had any real evidence, saying dumb things
like 'prove there is no god' would never even occur
to you.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 11th, 2017 at 11:59:32 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Please for the love of all that is good and holy in this world provide for me proof and/or evidence that there is no God.

Why? The god you believe in can't do anything claimed. Pretty good evidence other than sheer non-existence. Claiming he does things unproved just helps prove he doesn't exist.

I'd give you half credit for a god who doesn't do anything. That one has more credibility than yours since it would already be claimed there is no evidence to detect.

In fact the more unknowable and undetectable your god becomes the closer he comes to being a possibility (among many possibilities of unknowns)
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 11th, 2017 at 12:22:10 PM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
Quote: Evenbob
No you haven't or you wouldn't make
such a statement. There is no 'mark'
to miss, what mark are you talking
about.
The mark of truth.
June 11th, 2017 at 2:52:28 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: rxwine
Why? The god you believe in can't do anything claimed. Pretty good evidence other than sheer non-existence. Claiming he does things unproved just helps prove he doesn't exist

EXACTLY! FrG has a god that disproves
his own existence at every turn, yet he
wants ME to show my proof god doesn't
exist. Zero evidence points to a god, other
than convoluted philosophical arguments
that aren't worth a hill of beans. You can
make up a philosophy to say anything you
like, it's meaningless.
June 11th, 2017 at 3:31:05 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: pew
The mark of truth.

What 'truth', there is no one truth. There
is what you think is truth, but that's just
what you think. it has no validity in
reality.
June 11th, 2017 at 4:03:49 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
You seem to be asking it is okay to pray that someone would die before their time?

What did I say that even implies such a thing?

If it's ok, in the abstract, to wish someone a quick and painless death over a lingering, painful one, why is it not ok to wish it on anyone? Did I say I hoped he dies promptly? Did I say he should die soon?

Context counts.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
June 11th, 2017 at 4:44:25 PM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
What 'truth', there is no one truth. There
is what you think is truth, but that's just
what you think. it has no validity in
reality.
If there is no truth then why are you posting? If what you think has no validity in reality then how can you say reality exists? You speak like a child.
June 11th, 2017 at 4:51:13 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: pew
If there is no truth then why are you posting? If what you think has no validity in reality then how can you say reality exists? You speak like a child.

No, you understand like one. You create
your own reality, there in none outside
of what you create. Wrap your mind
around that, sonny. I've been studying
this for 50 years.
June 11th, 2017 at 6:19:02 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
No, you understand like one. You create
your own reality, there in none outside
of what you create. Wrap your mind
around that, sonny. I've been studying
this for 50 years.

What I don't get is if you have been really studying this for 50 years than how can you miss your contradiction. You say there is no one truth. By saying that you are proclaiming a truth. You see how silly you sound?? Instead of ridiculing philosophy you should probably study it because it can teach you a whole lot.

Another thing it could teach you is that saying something does not exist is a truth statement. I can say that unicorns do not exist because there is no evidence or logical necessity for them to exist. No one that I find credible believes in unicorns and there is no reason or help to believing in a unicorn. You cannot say that God does not exist without claiming that there is no evidence or logical necessity for God - and there is. The evidence is the existence of material contingent things that require a cause and the impossibility of an actual infinite regress. There is much more evidence and arguments but that should suffice. There are thousands upon thousands of credible witnesses and those who will testify to God's existence first hand, there are miracles, and unexplainable phenomenon. None of which is mathematical proof that God exists, but all taken together clearly points to God's existence. You are simply fooling yourself and using childish arguments to try to avoid the impossibility of atheism. Become an agnostic and drop this façade.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (